Page 16 of 16 FirstFirst ... 61213141516

If they dont work this out I wouldnt put it past Marvel to drop BLACK panther 2 or another movie guaranteed to be huge right next to marvel's next Spidey movie. ... lol I'm kidding Disney Release schedule is too tight. But if they arent part of it anymore Dinsey isnt gonna be worried about leaving room for Sonys movie to breathe

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They can theoretically still do a third movie. But having no MCU presence at all would be a huge elephant in the room, considering how massive a presence they had in the earlier Spider-Man MCU films. It potentially is going to be jarring.
    Yeah, the series continuity isn't going to make much sense. At this point, if Sony and Disney aren't going to play ball, Sony might as well just reboot with the same cast and put the series in their Venom universe. It might suck that wouldn't get an almost sequel that we could pretend was in the MCU and resolved the story if we squint a bit, but a clean break would be better then the messiness of that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They can theoretically still do a third movie. But having no MCU presence at all would be a huge elephant in the room, considering how massive a presence they had in the earlier Spider-Man MCU films. It potentially is going to be jarring.
    I dont think it needs to be as it can effectively be a part of his arc

Civil War/Homecoming - Mentored by Tony
    Far from Home - Taken under Fury's wings and helped by Happy
    SM3 - He finally becomes an independent hero without guidance. They can allude to the MCU without direct references to connect the continuity, but the emphasis and running theme in this film is about Peter growing up and truly being on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, the series continuity isn't going to make much sense. At this point, if Sony and Disney aren't going to play ball, Sony might as well just reboot with the same cast and put the series in their Venom universe. It might suck that wouldn't get an almost sequel that we could pretend was in the MCU and resolved the story if we squint a bit, but a clean break would be better then the messiness of that.
    Rebooting with the same cast would probably be more confusing though. It's not a clean break if you're using the same people.

Extraordinary Member

Even if they don't name names, can they even use elements of past two movies? I'd figure Disney would have the intellectual rights to them.

Mighty Member

At this point, I'm kinda starting to wonder if the MCU can't just continue the story in a Disney+ series. My understanding is that Marvel has the TV rights as long as each episode is under 42 minutes. And with Holland apparently unwilling to part with the MCU, I can see him getting on board if he could back out of his Sony contract. Possibly other key actors as well.

This could lead to an interesting situation where we have two Spider-Man franchises on at the same time - the MCU/Holland one on TV, and a rebooted Sony on the big screen, most likely in the 'Venomverse'.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    At this point, I'm kinda starting to wonder if the MCU can't just continue the story in a Disney+ series. My understanding is that Marvel has the TV rights as long as each episode is under 42 minutes. And with Holland apparently unwilling to part with the MCU, I can see him getting on board if he could back out of his Sony contract. Possibly other key actors as well.

This could lead to an interesting situation where we have two Spider-Man franchises on at the same time - the MCU/Holland one on TV, and a rebooted Sony on the big screen, most likely in the 'Venomverse'.
    I think that might be for animated. I mean Sony just announced Lord and Miller are running a line of live action Spiderman related shows.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If they dont work this out I wouldnt put it past Marvel to drop BLACK panther 2 or another movie guaranteed to be huge right next to marvel's next Spidey movie. ... lol I'm kidding Disney Release schedule is too tight. But if they arent part of it anymore Dinsey isnt gonna be worried about leaving room for Sonys movie to breathe
    "That's a nice movie ya got there. Be a shame if some other movie just happened to come out the same weekend, don't you think?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    "That's a nice movie ya got there. Be a shame if some other movie just happened to come out the same weekend, don't you think?"
    They have done it to DC with trailers before. Kevin Smith makes dick jokes about it all the time.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think that might be for animated. I mean Sony just announced Lord and Miller are running a line of live action Spiderman related shows.
    TV rights are strange- Anything over 44 minutes Sony can produce , anything below that - Disney can produce..

I provided a link of the contract summary

https://wikileaks.org/sony/docs/07/j...reative%29.pdf
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 08-23-2019 at 06:48 PM.