Page 10 of 17 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I'd buy Fury going to freaking Ant Man before he went to a 16 year old high school student for this. He's Nick Fury, he thinks about stuff like this.
    He would know that a 16 year old Spider-Man is better than a 35 year old ANt-Man...and these Fury kind of guys are ruthless. They do what has to be done to save Mankind, even sending boys to war...

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    I honestly would have liked to have known more about the people who were blip losing their homes because there are new occupants in them now. It would be an interesting problem for the MCU version of FEAST to tackle.
    Agreed. Things like Aunt May blipping back in and the occupants of her apartment thought she was a mistress, or the fact that May and Peter volunteer at a soup kitchen specifically for the blipped who lost their homes thanks to the Snap were played for humor, but those are ripe moments for world-building and character development.

One wonders if Kingpin was blipped and, if not, if he swooped in and took Hell's Kitchen once and for all (oh Jeph Loeb, damn you for the divisions between MCU and Netflix).

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Agreed. Things like Aunt May blipping back in and the occupants of her apartment thought she was a mistress, or the fact that May and Peter volunteer at a soup kitchen specifically for the blipped who lost their homes thanks to the Snap were played for humor, but those are ripe moments for world-building and character development.

One wonders if Kingpin was blipped and, if not, if he swooped in and took Hell's Kitchen once and for all (oh Jeph Loeb, damn you for the divisions between MCU and Netflix).
    It's certainly a convenient thing for them to turn on and off if they so choose. Some won't like that (and they aren't unjustified) but it is a ripe field to play in.

Given how many of the main players are "off world" I wonder if it will matter?

Ultimate Member

I wonder if Beck lucked out with the skrulls.

I mean, we know the multi-verse exists, and education of that fact seems pretty widespread among aliens. Both Rocket and Nebula kept up with the science behind the Time Heist (with the indication that Thor was up there too), so maybe Beck stumbled onto a scam that was actually plausible.

Also, damn, Fury seems to half-assed his employee orientation. He didn't give Talos his emergency codes, and didn't give him contact information for earth's mightiest heroes

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I wonder if Beck lucked out with the skrulls.

I mean, we know the multi-verse exists, and education of that fact seems pretty widespread among aliens. Both Rocket and Nebula kept up with the science behind the Time Heist (with the indication that Thor was up there too), so maybe Beck stumbled onto a scam that was actually plausible.

Also, damn, Fury seems to half-assed his employee orientation. He didn't give Talos his emergency codes, and didn't give him contact information for earth's mightiest heroes
    Yea I also like to tell myself the real fury woulda saw right through beck and his BS.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Yea I also like to tell myself the real fury woulda saw right through beck and his BS.
    I feel like a repeat viewing would yield clues early on that Fury wasn't who he set out to be. Things like telling Peter something like, "he's not from your Earth" (paraphrased) and the lack of skepticism on Beck until Beck pulled off the over-the-top technobabble.

On the other hand, Talos-as-Fury could've been much more vulnerable to Beck's story (I think that's implied at the end credits) since, as an alien, there's a greater chance of him actually hearing about multiverses and world-ending threats and giant creatures (when the heroes went over the time travel plan in Endgame, only the non-humans -- Thor and the Guardians -- accepted the nature of the plan as fact. The humans needed to be convinced by Scott and Bruce.). Had another human SHIELD agent posed as Fury, that agent likely would have found Becks's story to be too fantastic to be believed, even after everything Earth has gone through.

Heck, that Fury and Hill were Skrulls all along just goes to show the theme of needing to properly question and vet things. Mysterio being a hero, Peter's self-worth (Tony's image may be everywhere, but in reality the world needs Spidey), JJ believing the framing of Peter, and even Flash trying to pretend he was 21 in order to get airplane champagne.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I feel like a repeat viewing would yield clues early on that Fury wasn't who he set out to be. Things like telling Peter something like, "he's not from your Earth" (paraphrased) and the lack of skepticism on Beck until Beck pulled off the over-the-top technobabble.

On the other hand, Talos-as-Fury could've been much more vulnerable to Beck's story (I think that's implied at the end credits) since, as an alien, there's a greater chance of him actually hearing about multiverses and world-ending threats and giant creatures (when the heroes went over the time travel plan in Endgame, only the non-humans -- Thor and the Guardians -- accepted the nature of the plan as fact. The humans needed to be convinced by Scott and Bruce.). Had another human SHIELD agent posed as Fury, that agent likely would have found Becks's story to be too fantastic to be believed, even after everything Earth has gone through.
    There are quite a bit clues revealing Talos as Fury. Hill always referring to him as Nick when it's established that no one is on a first name basis with Fury. Fury uncharacteristically tells Peter to not invoke Captain Marvel name.

There are quite a bit clues revealing Talos as Fury. Hill always referring to him as Nick when it's established that no one is on a first name basis with Fury. Fury uncharacteristically tells Peter to not invoke Captain Marvel name.
    Also that Fury took Beck at his word with no- or very-little indication that he actually checked Beck's story upon introduction. Fury in virtually every movie does his homework well in advance before showing up on screen.

Probably asked but where were the Avengers or other heroes? It was excusable how people didnt show up in Homecoming bc it was a smaller more self contained story but this one had larger scale global incidents. They mentioned a few heroes like Captain Marvel, Thor and Dr. Strange and the quick excuses made sense but Falcon, Scarlet Witch, War Machine, etc...? There were so many heroes in Endgame yet no one got involved here

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Probably asked but where were the Avengers or other heroes? It was excusable how people didnt show up in Homecoming bc it was a smaller more self contained story but this one had larger scale global incidents. They mentioned a few heroes like Captain Marvel, Thor and Dr. Strange and the quick excuses made sense but Falcon, Scarlet Witch, War Machine, etc...? There were so many heroes in Endgame yet no one got involved here
    Falcon and Wanda are probably busy with whatever is going on in their respective TV shows.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Falcon and Wanda are probably busy with whatever is going on in their respective TV shows.
    Same thing that happens in Comic book, they probably dealing with there own global issue..

They were apparently going to make a more obvious "Its not Fury" drop with a scene featuring him eating toast cut into diagonals

Also the way Fury treats Peter. Fury can be a dick but he knows when to grill someone and when to use a softer tact. And Fury was meaner to Peter then I've seen Fury be to anyone. Makes sense if Talos is trying to mimic Fury and exaggerates his worst traits.

Seen speculation after Feige SAID Spiderman 3 will be something we have never see before that Chamellion was in Far from Home and him and Kraven will in Spiderman 3. Also seen a mock up of Jason Mamoa as Kraven.... oy spiderman 3 would start after Aquaman 2 is done so I can dream lol.

Ultimate Member

I think that Fury's face scars were slightly different as well, but I'd have to see it again to be sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Also the way Fury treats Peter. Fury can be a dick but he knows when to grill someone and when to use a softer tact. And Fury was meaner to Peter then I've seen Fury be to anyone. Makes sense if Talos is trying to mimic Fury and exaggerates his worst traits.

Seen speculation after Feige SAID Spiderman 3 will be something we have never see before that Chamellion was in Far from Home and him and Kraven will in Spiderman 3. Also seen a mock up of Jason Mamoa as Kraven.... oy spiderman 3 would start after Aquaman 2 is done so I can dream lol.
    Heard speculation that Marvel will get to produced a third Spider-Man movie if any of them can get to the $1 billion mark. It's already reach $600 million so I can see a billion being in the bag.