Page 9 of 17 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Another fun movie.

Cant decide who my favorit Spidey villain (in the movies) is....Mysterio? Vulture? Green Goblin? Even Sandman and Doc Ock were cool...just great

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    I gotta admit it was a solid fun movie and the fact that Happy and Aunt May are a couple was a nice touch. Her telling Peter its nothing yet he kinda knows they are more was a fun deal at the end.

It made great sense to see them do the Skrull idea of one impersonating Nick Fury since it made no sense he'd fall for Quentin Beck's scheme. No way is Nick Fury that damn stupid to just take Beck at his word with no research into who he was really or if he had help.
    Yeah, I was initially thinking, "They just ruined Nick Fury for the sake of a gag." And then that after-credits scene. Genius.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Really enjoyed FFH. This is how I'd rank the Spider-Man films at the moment:

1. SM2
    2. SM1
    3. ITSV
    4. FFH
    5. SM3
    6. ASM1
    7. ASM2
    8. HOMECOMING

HOMECOMING was the Spider-Man film I connected with the least, so I went in with lowered expectations, but I was very happy with FFH. Seen it twice already. And Mysterio is now my favorite MCU villain!

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    I liked this.

Everything around the Spider-man superheroics was brilliant. But I didn’t like the High school stuff, the sooner he gets out that the better.
    This may be the inner kid in me, but I really liked how the high school stuff existed purely for comedy and nothing else. The Ned/Betty whirlwind romance was evenly parsed out, I thought, the awkwardness during Peter and MJ's big moment went well, and Mr. Harrington was all kinds of bumbling and pathetic, but when it came down to it, the safety of his students came first and that earns my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by SUPERECWFAN1 View Post
    They explained it in the movie. They had to repeat the same grade again due to time blip. They lost 5 years and suddenly reappeared.
    The news clip "montage" showing the high school band getting pelted by a basketball to reflect that was so simple, so stupid, so great.

I also really liked Flash trying to pass off as a 21 year old for a glass of champagne, only for MJ to shoot that down.

Ultimate Member

Yeah the little details dealing with the snap were a nice touch.

The Nick Fury reveal solves one potential issue, namely Nick Fury falling for Beck's deception so easily. But I'm still not sure why him and Talos were so insistent on Spider-Man for this. Like if they thought that the Elementals were real, WTH was Spider-Man going to do against them?

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post

The Nick Fury reveal solves one potential issue, namely Nick Fury falling for Beck's deception so easily. But I'm still not sure why him and Talos were so insistent on Spider-Man for this. Like if they thought that the Elementals were real, WTH was Spider-Man going to do against them?
    That reminds me, while this doesn't answer your question in the slightest, I did like that, for a split-second, Spidey was fighting supposed magic beings, beings that were not only clearly far past his paygrade but completely beyond his realm of being a science-based hero. So I'd love to see something like that (maybe even Acts of Vengeance), where we would see something like, say, the X-Men (once they're integrated in the MCU) fighting gods, Ant-Man facing an alien conspiracy, Dr. Strange in the Quantum Realm, Black Panther against magic threats, etc. We have that with Hulk in Ragnarok and arguably Iron Man in the first Avengers movie, but seeing heroes out of their element is a great way of mixing things up.

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

I saw it last night and loved it. There were a few moments when Nick Fury was acting weird but then the Skrull reveal at the end explained all that. I loved how Mysterio's power came off in live action, and how smart Beck was.

Ultimate Member

Besides Mysterio, Peter and MJ were the other best part of this film imo. I love their dynamic here and I really want to see where it goes in the next film.

Also people talk about the "box of scraps" guy from IM working with Beck, and yeah that was fun. But I got a nice laugh out of the reveal that Beck had a freaking scriptwriter feeding him lines for his speeches, that was funny.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

I honestly would have liked to have known more about the people who were blip losing their homes because there are new occupants in them now. It would be an interesting problem for the MCU version of FEAST to tackle.

Extraordinary Member

Avengers HQ has been destroyed, its leadership is either dead or retired and its big guns are either in space or that dealing with a permanent disability.

The Avenger's likely disarray might be why Talos fell for Beck's manipulation. He'd rather believe that he stumbled upon a new super at random than that he
    is desperately short handed and screwed

Talos got the Avengers adjacent guy that he could find the easiest.

...maybe he didn't trust that his disguise would pass muster among the O.G. Avengers (at least the surviving ones).

BANNED

What a fun, well paced movie. Mysterio was perfectly done.

Say what you want, but Marvel knows how to make these movies a delight to watch and they weave in their villains in creative ways while still capturing the soul of what makes them interesting and menacing.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

While the initial deal about Mysterio lying about being from an alternate Earth seemed to put the kibosh on the whole multiverse in Marvel's film universe ...then suddenly throwing out JK Simmons to suddenly show J. Jonah Jameson was a perfect HERE YOU GO to illustrate it exists. I loved that scene at the end as he appears. It was the perfect HOLY **** moment since people for a long time wanted JJJ to appear to be a foil to Spider-Man.

(Also a good wink to do this by letting Simmons do the role as a balding JJJ to show this is a Jameson in this universe) .
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

Managed to avoid the spoilers but them bringing Simmons back was beautiful and something I've been longing for since the Raimi trilogy, I miss the wig though.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vic Vega View Post
    Avengers HQ has been destroyed, its leadership is either dead or retired and its big guns are either in space or that dealing with a permanent disability.

The Avenger's likely disarray might be why Talos fell for Beck's manipulation. He'd rather believe that he stumbled upon a new super at random than that he
    is desperately short handed and screwed

Talos got the Avengers adjacent guy that he could find the easiest.

...maybe he didn't trust that his disguise would pass muster among the O.G. Avengers (at least the surviving ones).
    You'd think that War Machine, at least, would have been easy to reach. He does work for the government. I'm surprised he wasn't named in the 'what about'.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    You'd think that War Machine, at least, would have been easy to reach. He does work for the government. I'm surprised he wasn't named in the 'what about'.
    I'd buy Fury going to freaking Ant Man before he went to a 16 year old high school student for this. He's Nick Fury, he thinks about stuff like this.