Page 11 of 17 FirstFirst ... 789101112131415 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    I think that Fury's face scars were slightly different as well, but I'd have to see it again to be sure.
    It was but I think that was to reflect the origin of the scar that was revealed in CM than a sign that he was a Skrull. When I saw him, I thought, oh yeah, that looks like a cat scratched him, whereas in past films it wasnt as prominent or obvious

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Heard speculation that Marvel will get to produced a third Spider-Man movie if any of them can get to the $1 billion mark. It's already reach $600 million so I can see a billion being in the bag.
    I also dont think even if they could Sony would want to take Spiderman away. MCU casted Hollan wouldnt be surprised if Holland cant appear as Spidey in a non MCU movie. So all this talk about them wanting to take Holland away and put him in a Sony universe with Venom and Morbius might not even be possible. Atleast not for X amount of time

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I also dont think even if they could Sony would want to take Spiderman away. MCU casted Hollan wouldnt be surprised if Holland cant appear as Spidey in a non MCU movie. So all this talk about them wanting to take Holland away and put him in a Sony universe with Venom and Morbius might not even be possible. Atleast not for X amount of time
    If you dont think Sony are stupid enough to that I've a bridge to sell you.
    Last edited by jetengine; 07-12-2019 at 02:29 AM.

Saw it today. It wasn't bad but it definitely was the weakest Spiderman movie I've seen - I've not seen Amazing Spiderman 2.

I just have so little interest in teenage Spidey. I want to see him trying to adult, struggling with bills, selling photos to JJ, etc. Like we've seen since the near beginning of the comics and in the first two movie series. I also don't like him being junior Iron Man. About the only thing I do like is that they actually seem to have gotten Aunt May's age right as her being a senior citizen has never made much sense in the comics or early movies as an aunt to a high schooler should be in the 40-50 range at most barring some bizarro age gaps between siblings.

My rankings:

1. Spiderman 2 - this is the conversation for me as best comic movie of all time.
    2. Spiderman - an excellent movie that was somehow massively outshined by its sequel.
    3. Spiderman 3 (yes its flawed but even flawed the Raimi movies are better than the rest)
    4. Amazing Spiderman
    5. Into the Spiderverse
    6. Homecoming
    7. Far From Home.

Some have stated that the selfie might be a reference (or cross promotion) to the PS4 game, but I could've sworn I saw the anti-Ock suit from the game alongside the comic Iron Spider when Spider-Man was looking over options for a new suit.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Some have stated that the selfie might be a reference (or cross promotion) to the PS4 game, but I could've sworn I saw the anti-Ock suit from the game alongside the comic Iron Spider when Spider-Man was looking over options for a new suit.
    Yea it looked like it to me too

Spider-Verse pulled a similar thing I think; the PS4 suit is one of the ones in the dead Peter's bunker.

Makes sense, considering the game is pretty much Sony's and both movies are co-produced by Sony.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    My understanding of the deal is that Sony retains the rights to Spider-Man and all the characters in his orbit, and that they'll jointly produce 3 solo Spider-Man films with Marvel, while allowing Marvel to also use Peter (and Aunt May) in a certain number of strictly Marvel movies. But if they want, they can certainly have Tom Holland's Spider-Man appear in any other movies they want to put him in, including Venom. And since Amy Pascal is no longer in charge at Sony, I can definitely see them wanting to take back Spider-Man entirely and try to milk all of the money out of the franchise that they can (and in the process probably run it back into the ground. It IS Sony, after all).

Just saw Far From Home, and I had a bit of a realization. In these movies, the main villain is never actually the main villain- Tony Stark is the villain. In Homecoming, Vulture was a villain of circumstance. Tooms and his crew were made unemployed when Tony Stark launched Damage Control and put Tooms out of business. As a result, he turned to crime to support his family. Quentin Beck is a villain of opportunity. After Tony appropriates his hologram tech and fires him, he and other people Stark has wronged- rightfully or not- turn to crime to set themselves up for life. Beck first uses his tech, and later EDITH, to make himself a hero, and this in turn will allow him to make enough money to set up his crew comfortably.

But again, behind both villains is Tony Stark. Neither would have existed without Stark.

Ultimate Member

It makes me curious to see how they'd use Norman Osborn. He's basically evil Tony in many ways.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    Just saw Far From Home, and I had a bit of a realization. In these movies, the main villain is never actually the main villain- Tony Stark is the villain. In Homecoming, Vulture was a villain of circumstance. Tooms and his crew were made unemployed when Tony Stark launched Damage Control and put Tooms out of business. As a result, he turned to crime to support his family. Quentin Beck is a villain of opportunity. After Tony appropriates his hologram tech and fires him, he and other people Stark has wronged- rightfully or not- turn to crime to set themselves up for life. Beck first uses his tech, and later EDITH, to make himself a hero, and this in turn will allow him to make enough money to set up his crew comfortably.

But again, behind both villains is Tony Stark. Neither would have existed without Stark.
    Villains wouldn't exist at all if their parents didn't have children!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by AnakinFlair View Post
    My understanding of the deal is that Sony retains the rights to Spider-Man and all the characters in his orbit, and that they'll jointly produce 3 solo Spider-Man films with Marvel, while allowing Marvel to also use Peter (and Aunt May) in a certain number of strictly Marvel movies. But if they want, they can certainly have Tom Holland's Spider-Man appear in any other movies they want to put him in, including Venom. And since Amy Pascal is no longer in charge at Sony, I can definitely see them wanting to take back Spider-Man entirely and try to milk all of the money out of the franchise that they can (and in the process probably run it back into the ground. It IS Sony, after all).

Beck really can't blame Tony Stark, as he was an employee of Stark's (thus had to know he was developing technology for his boss), and had to right to expect to keep his tech. And the fact that he was willing to commit murder to be a pretend hero clearly indicates Tony was right about him. And we're supposed to be feel sorry for his tech support, because an unflattering comparison was made between him and Tony?

Toomes, I'm kinda curious what his exact business arraignment was/is. Was he actually under contract when Damage Control came in, or did he assume that he would be?

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Beck really can't blame Tony Stark, as he was an employee of Stark's (thus had to know he was developing technology for his boss), and had to right to expect to keep his tech. And the fact that he was willing to commit murder to be a pretend hero clearly indicates Tony was right about him. And we're supposed to be feel sorry for his tech support, because an unflattering comparison was made between him and Tony?

Toomes, I'm kinda curious what his exact business arraignment was/is. Was he actually under contract when Damage Control came in, or did he assume that he would be?
    IIRC Tony never presented the BARF technology as something he'd invented himself so the claim that he stole credit for it has even less merit.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    IIRC Tony never presented the BARF technology as something he'd invented himself so the claim that he stole credit for it has even less merit.
    Yeah, I just rewatched the scene, though he did dismiss it as kinda a waste of money.

Still, insults don't justify murder, so I blame Beck entirely

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, I just rewatched the scene, though he did dismiss it as kinda a waste of money.

Still, insults don't justify murder, so I blame Beck entirely
    But if that dude on the subway train didn't make me spill my coffee, I wouldn't have turned to villainy!

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    But if that dude on the subway train didn't make me spill my coffee, I wouldn't have turned to villainy!
    I’m sure it was scalding hot!