Page 15 of 17 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerz79 View Post
    Nothing my guess we might hear something at D23 if not who knows but given FFH making a billion and all the MCU set up in FFH I can't see either side not wanting it.
    Um, they're referring to this:

https://deadline.com/2019/08/kevin-f...franchise-exit

Sony is stupid.

Fantastic Member

I guess the rumor was false that if Sony did take the whole thing back that Holland couldn't be involved. Doesn't Sony understand that part of the reason this version of Spider-man works because it is tied to MCU? They are going to totally screw this up. I have hope that this will get worked out at some point. Disney doesn't seem like a company that would give in, but maybe Feige has enough pull to get them to compromise.

BTW, I guess Venom is the blame for all of this? If that had bombed, Sony maybe have just given up and sold the rights completely back to Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by youthoftoday View Post
    I guess the rumor was false that if Sony did take the whole thing back that Holland couldn't be involved. Doesn't Sony understand that part of the reason this version of Spider-man works because it is tied to MCU? They are going to totally screw this up. I have hope that this will get worked out at some point. Disney doesn't seem like a company that would give in, but maybe Feige has enough pull to get them to compromise.

BTW, I guess Venom is the blame for all of this? If that had bombed, Sony maybe have just given up and sold the rights completely back to Marvel.
    most moviegoers wont know the difference. This Spiderman got its start off the back of the MCU and when the next comes out, people will see it not knowing that its no longer connected

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    most moviegoers wont know the difference. This Spiderman got its start off the back of the MCU and when the next comes out, people will see it not knowing that its no longer connected
    They'll know, because a large part of Spider-Man's growth up until now included named MCU characters Sony cannot reference. I'd be surprised if they could even use the designs of Vulture.

The vast majority of both Spider-man movies relied on elements of the MCU that Sony can't recreate, even if they didn't have to worry about the copyrights.

But if nothing else, at least the last movie gave Peter the perfect reason to never be seen again

Captain Marvel: Hey, where's Pete?

Hawkeye: Bug guy? Witness protection, his ID was exposed.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    They'll know, because a large part of Spider-Man's growth up until now included named MCU characters Sony cannot reference. I'd be surprised if they could even use the designs of Vulture.

The vast majority of both Spider-man movies relied on elements of the MCU that Sony can't recreate, even if they didn't have to worry about the copyrights.

But if nothing else, at least the last movie gave Peter the perfect reason to never be seen again

Captain Marvel: Hey, where's Pete?

Hawkeye: Bug guy? Witness protection, his ID was exposed.
    If the next Spiderman comes out and it features all the same actors in all the promotional material from the trailers, tv spots and posters, people will assume its the same universe. People arent going to think it has nothing to do with the MCU bc we've seen these characters in multiple films as such.

What you mention is stuff that people may not notice until AFTER they have seen the film. If there isnt any name dropping in the film, I dont think it will be a big deal

Ultimate Member

If the next Spiderman comes out and it features all the same actors in all the promotional material from the trailers, tv spots and posters, people will assume its the same universe. People arent going to think it has nothing to do with the MCU bc we've seen these characters in multiple films as such.

What you mention is stuff that people may not notice until AFTER they have seen the film. If there isnt any name dropping in the film, I dont think it will be a big deal
    Yeah, good thing that there's not some say, world wide web that informs people of developments and facts well in advance. And word of mouth, and things like that! Sony dodged a bullet!

Dude, 95% of the population is computer literate. They'll know. The critics will know.

Yeah, good thing that there's not some say, world wide web that informs people of developments and facts well in advance. And word of mouth, and things like that! Sony dodged a bullet!

Dude, 95% of the population is computer literate. They'll know. The critics will know.
    You act like the vast majority of moviegoers are that tuned in that they are keeping up with the backstage politics. They’re not

Ultimate Member

You act like the vast majority of moviegoers are that tuned in that they are keeping up with the backstage politics. They’re not
    They don't have to be. Critics will know, fans of the MCU will know, etc.

You act like the same audiences, fans of the MCU, will keep spilling in no matter what. That word of mouth won't travel, that people will never notice. They will.

And this drama is hardly back stage. I've seen a half dozen memes on Facebook already.

They don't have to be. Critics will know, fans of the MCU will know, etc.

You act like the same audiences, fans of the MCU, will keep spilling in no matter what. That word of mouth won't travel, that people will never notice. They will.

And this drama is hardly back stage. I've seen a half dozen memes on Facebook already.
    Yeah still don’t think it will matter to moste

Astonishing Member

They'll know...
    No doubt.

Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

This news is spreading all over social media. To say that the average mainstream movie goer won't know is looking increasing false.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    This news is spreading all over social media. To say that the average mainstream movie goer won't know is looking increasing false.
    Yeah. After the re-release of Far From Home, and Endgame coming out of DVD, I don't see this story going away any time soon

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

The biggest indication that things aren't good right now...Sony's stock took a massive hit over this news. The company paid the price a little today. It could foreshadow whats ahead for Venom 2 and Morbius as films.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.

So much for the third movie Far From Home was supposed to set up. Why does every single Spider-Man movie series to date always end by getting screwed over by Sony?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    So much for the third movie Far From Home was supposed to set up. Why does every single Spider-Man movie series to date always end by getting screwed over by Sony?
    They can theoretically still do a third movie. But having no MCU presence at all would be a huge elephant in the room, considering how massive a presence they had in the earlier Spider-Man MCU films. It potentially is going to be jarring.