Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Default (Inappropriate) Movies you watched as a kid?

In the early 80's when I was about 8-9 years old I watched movies like Dirty Harry and the Wicker Man on late night TV (My parents were kinda slack about this sorta thing) . I was pretty freaked out by Scorpio's murder spree and Edward Woodward being set up to be burned alive. On a cruise ship holiday my brother and I wandered into the movie theatre the ship had and watched Fort Apache : the Bronx. It featured Pam Grier as a psycho hooker who carved up her clients before being cut up herself...

What are some movies that destroyed YOUR childhood innocence?

"Porky's"

"Scanners"

and uh... scrambled fuzzy WHT late at night... (on my b/w television)

My parents ran a pretty tight ship when it came to watching things. But I watched all the Halloween movies and the first Alien way too young. Though they were the TV edits. Part of the reason I loved going to my grandma's house during the Halloween season.

My folks took me to "What's New Pussycat?" When I was a wee lad. I didn't understand the sex stuff, but thought the rest was pretty funny.
    There came a time when the Old Gods died! The Brave died with the Cunning! The Noble perished locked in battle with unleashed Evil! It was the last day for them! An ancient era was passing in fiery holocaust!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    "Porky's"

"Scanners"

(thanks!) Yeah watched Porky's when I was 11 at my cousin's. Typical 1980's Aussie parents and aunts... too busy drinking to know what the kids were up to.

Also, didn't get to watch "those" movies until I was OVER 18 dammit, slobby sister and her husband left some lying around ....

Mighty Member

Remember the additional scenes for TV? Yeah, was always freaked by the squishy sounds of the stabbings....

Night of the Living Dead. Saw it when Bob Wilkins first broadcast it back in 1972 when I was 4 years old and saw it every time he rebroadcast it after that.

Porkys and Stripes

Todays kids have no idea what it was like as a 12-13 yr old wanting to see boobs and having to set an alarm for the middle of the night and then quietly sneaking out to the TV, trying not to wake the parents, just to watch an R rated movie with a few topless shots on it.

My grandma took me too see the original Austin Powers in a Penny Theater when I was real small. She had no idea what the movie was about and half way through she made us get up and leave.

Mighty Member

I was 8 when I saw Bonnie and Clyde in 1967 with my family.

Extraordinary Member

I was way too young when I saw both The Exorcist and Jaws for the first time.

Best Little Whorehouse in Texas. When I was 6.

Niffleheim

Ruthless People.

I haven't re-watched the movie, but I remember I got a talking to for putting on the vhs without asking permission that almost resulted to a whooping because of a sex scene.
    Last edited by Tofali; 10-24-2019 at 08:48 PM.

Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

Oh, yeah. Random UHF channels where you couldn't get audio and the video would flicker in and out.....but you saw things.

BANNED

My mother never really restricted my viewing, so much so that I basically watched everything she watched (which was a wide range of things).

Except the boobies scene in Dracula, with Keanu Reeves. She made me cover my eyes* for some odd reason, and despite how many other on-screen boobies (and other parts) I had already witnessed.

*I still watched through my fingers.