Page 16 of 17 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617 LastLast

If they dont work this out I wouldnt put it past Marvel to drop BLACK panther 2 or another movie guaranteed to be huge right next to marvel's next Spidey movie. ... lol I'm kidding Disney Release schedule is too tight. But if they arent part of it anymore Dinsey isnt gonna be worried about leaving room for Sonys movie to breathe

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They can theoretically still do a third movie. But having no MCU presence at all would be a huge elephant in the room, considering how massive a presence they had in the earlier Spider-Man MCU films. It potentially is going to be jarring.
    Yeah, the series continuity isn't going to make much sense. At this point, if Sony and Disney aren't going to play ball, Sony might as well just reboot with the same cast and put the series in their Venom universe. It might suck that wouldn't get an almost sequel that we could pretend was in the MCU and resolved the story if we squint a bit, but a clean break would be better then the messiness of that.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They can theoretically still do a third movie. But having no MCU presence at all would be a huge elephant in the room, considering how massive a presence they had in the earlier Spider-Man MCU films. It potentially is going to be jarring.
    I dont think it needs to be as it can effectively be a part of his arc

Civil War/Homecoming - Mentored by Tony
    Far from Home - Taken under Fury's wings and helped by Happy
    SM3 - He finally becomes an independent hero without guidance. They can allude to the MCU without direct references to connect the continuity, but the emphasis and running theme in this film is about Peter growing up and truly being on his own.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Yeah, the series continuity isn't going to make much sense. At this point, if Sony and Disney aren't going to play ball, Sony might as well just reboot with the same cast and put the series in their Venom universe. It might suck that wouldn't get an almost sequel that we could pretend was in the MCU and resolved the story if we squint a bit, but a clean break would be better then the messiness of that.
    Rebooting with the same cast would probably be more confusing though. It's not a clean break if you're using the same people.

Ultimate Member

Even if they don't name names, can they even use elements of past two movies? I'd figure Disney would have the intellectual rights to them.

Astonishing Member

At this point, I'm kinda starting to wonder if the MCU can't just continue the story in a Disney+ series. My understanding is that Marvel has the TV rights as long as each episode is under 42 minutes. And with Holland apparently unwilling to part with the MCU, I can see him getting on board if he could back out of his Sony contract. Possibly other key actors as well.

This could lead to an interesting situation where we have two Spider-Man franchises on at the same time - the MCU/Holland one on TV, and a rebooted Sony on the big screen, most likely in the 'Venomverse'.

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post
    At this point, I'm kinda starting to wonder if the MCU can't just continue the story in a Disney+ series. My understanding is that Marvel has the TV rights as long as each episode is under 42 minutes. And with Holland apparently unwilling to part with the MCU, I can see him getting on board if he could back out of his Sony contract. Possibly other key actors as well.

This could lead to an interesting situation where we have two Spider-Man franchises on at the same time - the MCU/Holland one on TV, and a rebooted Sony on the big screen, most likely in the 'Venomverse'.
    I think that might be for animated. I mean Sony just announced Lord and Miller are running a line of live action Spiderman related shows.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    If they dont work this out I wouldnt put it past Marvel to drop BLACK panther 2 or another movie guaranteed to be huge right next to marvel's next Spidey movie. ... lol I'm kidding Disney Release schedule is too tight. But if they arent part of it anymore Dinsey isnt gonna be worried about leaving room for Sonys movie to breathe
    "That's a nice movie ya got there. Be a shame if some other movie just happened to come out the same weekend, don't you think?"

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    "That's a nice movie ya got there. Be a shame if some other movie just happened to come out the same weekend, don't you think?"
    They have done it to DC with trailers before. Kevin Smith makes dick jokes about it all the time.

Jersey City - or you can call it The TWiLighT Zone

Quote Originally Posted by bat39 View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    I think that might be for animated. I mean Sony just announced Lord and Miller are running a line of live action Spiderman related shows.
    TV rights are strange- Anything over 44 minutes Sony can produce , anything below that - Disney can produce..

I provided a link of the contract summary

https://wikileaks.org/sony/docs/07/j...reative%29.pdf
    Last edited by 5Eyes; 08-23-2019 at 06:48 PM.

I just got around to watching this and I feel like I was watching an expensive episode of "Three's Company" (you know, like a special two-parter where they all go to Europe) with a little Spider-man more than anything.
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 10-26-2019 at 04:52 AM.

The Iron Spider suit is so excessive. I mean, a mask that retracts, bulletproof, the legs...it would've been cooler to me to see Peter bust that crime family with his red and blue suit.

I see we're exchanging May actually dealing with the revelation of Peter being Spider-Man with "My hot mom has a prospective new boyfriend" jokes.

Betty feels like a mix of comic Betty, Liz, and Gwen all rolled into one.

The off-screen MCU relationship development strikes again, this time with Peter being absolutely smitten with MJ with very little on-screen build-up.

I love how Michelle's real name isn't mentioned once in this entire movie. Now we just call her "MJ" so people know exactly who she's supposed to be instead of just being a stand-in. Michelle Jones no longer exists.

At times Michelle's personality reminded me of Spider-Gwen, at least in terms of being more counter-culture, tough, and snappy. But I think we see when she's interacting with and being more open to Peter that it's actually the movie equivalent to her Party Girl facade in the comics and she's really much more awkward and cute.

So is Spider-Man the only really active hero on Earth now? Peter brought up the heavy-hitters, but what are Ant-Man and Wasp doing? Black Panther probably wouldn't involve himself with this kind of thing. Is Sam and Bucky's stuff supposed to be concurrent with this? Clint's retired.

How does Peter know Carol is called "Captain Marvel?" The MCU hardly ever establishes or uses codenames that it always feels kind of random when they just use one matter-of-factly. So why is Carol called Captain Marvel? Has she been using Mar-Vell's name in space?

Giving Peter the glasses really did seem pretty irresponsible to give to a teenager, even if it was with the expectation he'd man-up. Someone that young really should not have the ability to invade people's privacy or control a bunch of drones and satellites. Actually, no device should really have all that power, isn't that what Cap was fighting against in Winter Solider?

I'm a little disappointed that, for the most part, the Mysterio costume was just a mo-cap suit, but that actually made a lot of sense for the character in the modern age of film-making. At least they fit the bubble head into his mo-cap suit.

It's kind of interesting, at least to me, that the only time Peter actually fought Mysterio in his "suit" was in the illusion sequence, which felt ripped straight from a Scarecrow sequence from the Arkham games.

I love how they have Happy say Peter can't be Iron Man and shouldn't be Iron Man only for the subsequent sequence to feature Peter constructing a suit to AC/DC like Tony would have, with Happy smiling at how much like Tony Peter is .

So how many suits does Peter have now? Four? Five if he rebuilds the Night Monkey Stealth Suit? Are they building up to a Hall of Spider-Man suits for more Iron Man comparisons?

See, Jon Watts can do a cool sequence of Spider-Man swinging through New York like all the other movies did! It actually felt like Peter had finally come into his own as Spider-Man then, which I guess made it all the more dramatic when the rug got pulled out from under him.

Maybe MCU Peter will retire as Spider-Man so Sony can reboot him in their universe, fight Venom etc. and Holland will just continue in the MCU as Night Monkey! (that secret ID is still in place)

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    The Iron Spider suit is so excessive. I mean, a mask that retracts, bulletproof, the legs...it would've been cooler to me to see Peter bust that crime family with his red and blue suit.

I see we're exchanging May actually dealing with the revelation of Peter being Spider-Man with "My hot mom has a prospective new boyfriend" jokes.

Betty feels like a mix of comic Betty, Liz, and Gwen all rolled into one.

The off-screen MCU relationship development strikes again, this time with Peter being absolutely smitten with MJ with very little on-screen build-up.

I love how Michelle's real name isn't mentioned once in this entire movie. Now we just call her "MJ" so people know exactly who she's supposed to be instead of just being a stand-in. Michelle Jones no longer exists.

At times Michelle's personality reminded me of Spider-Gwen, at least in terms of being more counter-culture, tough, and snappy. But I think we see when she's interacting with and being more open to Peter that it's actually the movie equivalent to her Party Girl facade in the comics and she's really much more awkward and cute.

So is Spider-Man the only really active hero on Earth now? Peter brought up the heavy-hitters, but what are Ant-Man and Wasp doing? Black Panther probably wouldn't involve himself with this kind of thing. Is Sam and Bucky's stuff supposed to be concurrent with this? Clint's retired.

How does Peter know Carol is called "Captain Marvel?" The MCU hardly ever establishes or uses codenames that it always feels kind of random when they just use one matter-of-factly. So why is Carol called Captain Marvel? Has she been using Mar-Vell's name in space?

Giving Peter the glasses really did seem pretty irresponsible to give to a teenager, even if it was with the expectation he'd man-up. Someone that young really should not have the ability to invade people's privacy or control a bunch of drones and satellites. Actually, no device should really have all that power, isn't that what Cap was fighting against in Winter Solider?

I'm a little disappointed that, for the most part, the Mysterio costume was just a mo-cap suit, but that actually made a lot of sense for the character in the modern age of film-making. At least they fit the bubble head into his mo-cap suit.

It's kind of interesting, at least to me, that the only time Peter actually fought Mysterio in his "suit" was in the illusion sequence, which felt ripped straight from a Scarecrow sequence from the Arkham games.

I love how they have Happy say Peter can't be Iron Man and shouldn't be Iron Man only for the subsequent sequence to feature Peter constructing a suit to AC/DC like Tony would have, with Happy smiling at how much like Tony Peter is .

So how many suits does Peter have now? Four? Five if he rebuilds the Night Monkey Stealth Suit? Are they building up to a Hall of Spider-Man suits for more Iron Man comparisons?

See, Jon Watts can do a cool sequence of Spider-Man swinging through New York like all the other movies did! It actually felt like Peter had finally come into his own as Spider-Man then, which I guess made it all the more dramatic when the rug got pulled out from under him.
    I thought the idea was more that Happy was telling Peter that he shouldn't have to be expected to fill Tony's shoes, as even Tony had his insecurities and doubts about pretty much every action he ever took and decision he ever made, but not being Tony (or able to fill Tony's shoes) didn't make him worthless or less valuable as a person or a hero. That said, I do somewhat agree with you over the issue of the MCU solo films glossing over important character developments like Aunt May knowing that Peter is Spider-Man, how Peter bonded with Michelle/MJ, and the lingering trauma of having been dead/nonexistent for five years and coming back to a world that's changed and moved on since. Given how things ended, though, we could finally get some of those dramatic character developments we've been looking for in the third MCU solo, whenever that comes out.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    I thought the idea was more that Happy was telling Peter that he shouldn't have to be expected to fill Tony's shoes, as even Tony had his insecurities and doubts about pretty much every action he ever took and decision he ever made, but not being Tony (or able to fill Tony's shoes) didn't make him worthless or less valuable as a person or a hero. That said, I do somewhat agree with you over the issue of the MCU solo films glossing over important character developments like Aunt May knowing that Peter is Spider-Man, how Peter bonded with Michelle/MJ, and the lingering trauma of having been dead/nonexistent for five years and coming back to a world that's changed and moved on since. Given how things ended, though, we could finally get some of those dramatic character developments we've been looking for in the third MCU solo, whenever that comes out.
    But that goes into him not having to be like Iron Man/Tony, which I feel the subsequent scene worked counter against in some regards.