Page 4 of 17 FirstFirst 1234567814 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Holy ****! JK Simmons is back JJJ?

I remember Chris Hemsworth and Sebastian Stan asking Hugh Jackman to come back as Wolverine. Now I truly believe they were serious.
    Yeah, that was epic!

Also, Nick Fury in TAHITI [it's a magical place ]
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

BANNED

FFH was epic. LOVED IT!!

Extraordinary Member

Liked it better than Homecoming. But the scene where Mysterio revealed his true nature and they introduced all of his partners in crime felt really forced to me.

Looks like they pretty much had Simmons stick to his regular look for the cameo. Funny thing is, he kind of now looks like Robert F Simon's version of the character from the weird 1970s TV show/movies.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by The Shape View Post
    Holy ****! JK Simmons is back JJJ?

I remember Chris Hemsworth and Sebastian Stan asking Hugh Jackman to come back as Wolverine. Now I truly believe they were serious.
    Difference is Wolverine is a character who they will have long term plans for. Jackmans got one Wolverine movie left in him at best. Not enough upside, but hes the only Xmen character from XCU with any upside to bringing over without recasting. But yea unless they do a Multiverse story I just dont see it happening.

Maybe if Marvel and Sony start working closer together after all this sucess Marvel will let them use Marvel characters in their Animated universe and we can get a Jackman voiced Wolverine in a Spiderverse movie. Still wish Lord and Miller would run a animated MCU for Sony and marvel would partner with them and allow them to use the full Catalog of characters. Never gonna happen but I can wish

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Midvillian1322 View Post
    Difference is Wolverine is a character who they will have long term plans for. Jackmans got one Wolverine movie left in him at best. Not enough upside, but hes the only Xmen character from XCU with any upside to bringing over without recasting. But yea unless they do a Multiverse story I just dont see it happening.

Maybe if Marvel and Sony start working closer together after all this sucess Marvel will let them use Marvel characters in their Animated universe and we can get a Jackman voiced Wolverine in a Spiderverse movie. Still wish Lord and Miller would run a animated MCU for Sony and marvel would partner with them and allow them to use the full Catalog of characters. Never gonna happen but I can wish
    There is Ryan Reynolds and Dafne Keen.

ABSOLUTELY FANTASTIC!!!!!!!! Made my top three Spider-Man films and top three MCU films!!
    Also one of the few movies where I was genuinely surprised and yelled, holy **** in theaters!!
    They have definitely upped the stakes for our favorite webhead.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Ultimate Member

The JK Simmons thing and the overwhelmingly positive reaction just speaks to how much some studios over correct things.

Spider-man 3 wasn’t so good and Raimi had creative differences with the studios but the first two Spider-man movies were colossal and much loved. Rebooting the entire series because of just one movie was just an idiotic move that pretty much blew up in Sony’s face.

Extraordinary Member Divine Spark's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The JK Simmons thing and the overwhelmingly positive reaction just speaks to how much some studios over correct things.

Spider-man 3 wasn’t so good and Raimi had creative differences with the studios but the first two Spider-man movies were colossal and much loved. Rebooting the entire series because of just one movie was just an idiotic move that pretty much blew up in Sony’s face.
    Sony rebooted it because Raimi and the cast left.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post

I accepted that the Rami verse was gone, and I'm fine with it, since I really enjoy Holland's Spidey. But if there was 1 thing I would have brought over from the Rami Verse, it's JK Simmons. In my eyes no one else is really fit to play or can play JJJ like him. So with him back now, I'm content. No reason to worry over what could have been, just appreciate what we have now.

Fantastic Member

Still in favor of a spider verse with holland, McGwire and Garfield. Throw in Emma Stone as Spidergwen for good meaure

I see Telo's the Skrull changing into peter as Spider-man appears on the scene saying that Mysterio placed Peter in danger to clear himself and you see the two of them together.
    Hail Hydra!

Quote Originally Posted by sunofdarkchild View Post
    Liked it better than Homecoming. But the scene where Mysterio revealed his true nature and they introduced all of his partners in crime felt really forced to me.
    I liked Homecoming more, but Far From Home was pretty damn good.

Agreed on the Mysterio reveal. Although I enjoyed minor MCU characters making reappearances, the execution of that whole scene came across as cheesy.....Even Gyllenhaal reeked of Velveeta in that scene.
    Last edited by Ramsay Snow; 07-02-2019 at 06:30 PM.

Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Alex Jones as JJJ is brilliant, otherwise the movie was a big ole miss.

MJ is such a highlight but is underused. Par the course for these big "films" though, character gets left on the cutting room floor.
    Last edited by Flash Gordon; 07-03-2019 at 06:41 AM.

BANNED

I'm not sure how many people played the Spidey PS4 game but this version of JJ Jameson is very much akin to what the game did. It was brilliant in the game and JK Simmons is only going to make it even more brilliant come to life.