Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

I feel like they should use Norman in the MCU, it makes too much sense on multiple levels. Now as to how and when they use him, well that they can play around with some I think.

Mighty Member

I think they've already used Norman's main draw with Vulture. The whole "the villain is my friend's father" was pretty much Norman's thing.

Ultimate Member

Norma is a villain who can be an MCU villain, not just a Spidey one. Especially with Tony's death, it creates a void for another super-rich charismatic genius inventor/businessman, but one with no morals/honor, to step in and start talking over.

Quote Originally Posted by Mistah K88 View Post
    I think they've already used Norman's main draw with Vulture. The whole "the villain is my friend's father" was pretty much Norman's thing.
    That's what I was getting at. Plus if they want to get away from the previous iterations of Spider-Man they might want to stay far away from Norman and give us pastiches of him instead.

Spiderman: Far From Home was far from perfect, but it did do a lot of things right and there were some great moments. Hope you take a look at our review for the latest Spidey film. Do you agree with us or are we far off? Thanks!

My debut novel Awakening - Book One of The Children of the Solstice Series: http://amzn.to/2xAbyid

"If you like sci-fi and the "everyday" superhero, this book is for you."

The second book Collision is out now: https://amzn.to/2FzkH1W

"The Children of the Solstice are Back!"

Total Geek Live is group effort by 4 Geeks giving you all the latest in geek news: https://bit.ly/2YoYrir

Quote Originally Posted by Beaddle View Post
    He was not cold or neglectful. The talk he had with Harry at the beginning was touching. Norman was a demanding father who felt his son was not reaching his potential. This is seen when he is very impressed with Peter on first meeting. this is before the goblin experiment.
    Touching? Um, no. Try the similar scene in Into the Spider-Verse and it's payoff in the "spark" scene. Point of the SM1 scene is to set up the poor relationship between the Osborns. The "don't be ashamed of who you are" lesson is a good one, but couched after Norman expressing frustration with Harry's school troubles and exasperation over his current situation, it doesn't really work as intended, if you will.

Besides, while one could argue that the Goblin formula influenced Osborn's Norman persona (even if if seems like they were isolated until the mirror scene), his cold treatment of Harry doesn't seem be presented as anything out of character at the time (nor is the Thanksgiving scene, at any rate, Harry doesn't seem to think his dad is out of character the way the others do), the final scene with Harry does confirm that he's been very absent, at best.

While not written as pure evil or anywhere near as corrupt as the comics version was, movie Osborn was not shown to be a good father.

What Raimi did was make the characters complex like the comics. In that scene you see mary jane too as the popular girl from peter's point but also as the insecured girl with doubt from her point. The characters in the Raimi movies emote different temperaments.
    Agreed (although some of those early comics did not have very complex supporting characters at all; see how the first Spider Slayer went from a sane scientist to insane vengeful maniac by his second appearance with no reason given).

What troubles me about Holland's Spiderman is everything feels too Disney high school.
    What does that even mean?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I mean it's such a powerful tech, able to project very high level of illusion in a huge range and change so quickly without a problem.

If Tony could enhance the illusion projector with his own tech, both the problem in Civil War and the Infinity War could have much handled much easier. Even in its current level it's gonna help a lot.

They won't have to worry about civilian complain because they can cover it up. General Ross would be easily fooled as well.

With it, Thanos' army would be toast in Wakanda. Even Thanos himself could be fooled with it if he didn't know it.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 07-30-2019 at 04:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpokeking View Post
    I mean it's such a powerful tech, able to project very high level of illusion in a huge range and change so quickly without a problem.

If Tony could enhance the illusion projector with his own tech, both the problem in Civil War and the Infinity War could have much handled much easier. Even in its current level it's gonna help a lot.

They won't have to worry about civilian complain because they can cover it up. General Ross would be easily fooled as well.

With it, Thanos' army would be toast in Wakanda. Even Thanos himself could be fooled with it if he didn't know it.
    Let’s not beat up on Stark for actually making something that can be used for good instead of a weapon.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Either Iron Man realized the abuses that weaponizing the tech could create or Mysterio was right on the point that he was mistaken about thinking it wasn't the game-changer it was. Iron Man does make mistakes like that. For that matter, it is possible that Mysterio didn't think to weaponize the tech until after he was fired and realized that he could repurpose it for revenge; he doesn't specifically say what he had in mind when he thought that Stark dismissed its potential to change the world.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Yea Stark didnt seem interested in weapons and probaly knew the danger in something that advanced. So he made it into a therapy tool. Probaly didnt help that he thought Beck was unstable to boot.

Mighty Member

‘Spider-Man: Far From Home’ Gets Re-Release With New Scene

Sony Pictures is re-releasing “Spider-Man: Far From Home” with a new action scene.

Starting Aug. 29, a new extended cut, featuring four minutes of a never-before-seen action sequence, will be released in theaters in the United States and Canada. The film will also be available in IMAX and large formats in select locations.

Wonder if this'll get put on the BluRay or be a theater exclusive?
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Extraordinary Member

Sooooo...Anyone hear the news about the Marvel/Sony deal yet?
    Keep in mind that you have about as much chance of changing my mind as I do of changing yours.

Quote Originally Posted by phonogram12 View Post
    Sooooo...Anyone hear the news about the Marvel/Sony deal yet?
    Nothing my guess we might hear something at D23 if not who knows but given FFH making a billion and all the MCU set up in FFH I can't see either side not wanting it.

Unadjusted Human on CBR SUPERECWFAN1's Avatar

Deadline is reporting its over. Sony didn't want to share profits even with Disney committing to pay for half the films. Hell they were gonna start introducing Venom and other characters into MCU as well. A source said Sony feels like they know whats best for Spider-Man moving forward. We all saw what they thought Venom was their best as a film. Man are they sure gonna **** this one up.
    "The story so far: As usual, Ginger and I are engaged in our quest to find out what the hell is going on and save humanity from my nemesis, some bastard who is presumably responsible." - Sir Digby Chicken Caesar.
    “ Well hell just froze over. Because CM Punk is back in the WWE.” - Jcogginsa.
    “You can take the boy outta the mom’s basement, but you can’t take the mom’s basement outta the boy!” - LA Knight.
    "Revel in What You Are." Bray Wyatt.