Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 28910111213141516 ... LastLast
    Put a smile on that face Immortal Weapon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Punisher007 View Post
    It makes me curious to see how they'd use Norman Osborn. He's basically evil Tony in many ways.
    I don't expect Norman to show up all. Marvel has been deliberate about not retrending the same ground as the Sony movies. The Osborn's has been a major element of the Sony movies

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Beck really can't blame Tony Stark, as he was an employee of Stark's (thus had to know he was developing technology for his boss), and had to right to expect to keep his tech. And the fact that he was willing to commit murder to be a pretend hero clearly indicates Tony was right about him. And we're supposed to be feel sorry for his tech support, because an unflattering comparison was made between him and Tony?

Toomes, I'm kinda curious what his exact business arraignment was/is. Was he actually under contract when Damage Control came in, or did he assume that he would be?
    Toomes company had a contract with the city IIRC to clean up the mess left behind in Avengers. Losing that contract to damage control ruined him.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    Toomes company had a contract with the city IIRC to clean up the mess left behind in Avengers. Losing that contract to damage control ruined him.
    I saw that on TV tropes, yeah. I kinda think that's an out of character move for Tony, though and in the real world, he'd have plenty of recourse if a signed contract was voided after work was started.

Homecoming IMO, didn't do a great job of the finer points

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I saw that on TV tropes, yeah. I kinda think that's an out of character move for Tony, though and in the real world, he'd have plenty of recourse if a signed contract was voided after work was started.

Homecoming IMO, didn't do a great job of the finer points
    I don't think it was out of character. He did it to clean up the mess he is partially responsible for and likely wasn't aware of the consequences.

BANNED

I don't think it was out of character. He did it to clean up the mess he is partially responsible for and likely wasn't aware of the consequences.
    Stark's whole thing is not being aware of the consequences.

Saw it again today. Yea thinks it's my favorite Spiderman movie. If they can capture that but with a movie actually set in Queens I'd be happy.

Solid movie although I’ve never completely been happy with a Spider-man movie. I think part of my issue is the teen thing. I grew up with him being early 20’s. I like the old Spidey stories where he’s in high school but I’m most familiar with college age Spidey. Maybe I don’t have that strong attachment to high school. I read comics , played video games, and I’m struggling to think of much else. High school Spidey doesn’t completely grab me. I also hate the Stark connection. Not crazy about the costume either. His is one costume that doesn’t need tweaks to me.

Having said all that, this was a good movie. I’ll definitely watch it when there’s a home release. I haven’t seen Homecoming since the theater. I loved Mysterio though!! 7 out of 10

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Solid movie although I’ve never completely been happy with a Spider-man movie. I think part of my issue is the teen thing. I grew up with him being early 20’s. I like the old Spidey stories where he’s in high school but I’m most familiar with college age Spidey. Maybe I don’t have that strong attachment to high school. I read comics , played video games, and I’m struggling to think of much else. High school Spidey doesn’t completely grab me. I also hate the Stark connection. Not crazy about the costume either. His is one costume that doesn’t need tweaks to me.

Having said all that, this was a good movie. I’ll definitely watch it when there’s a home release. I haven’t seen Homecoming since the theater. I loved Mysterio though!! 7 out of 10
    Yea ssme here I grew up with young adult Peter but I know alot of older people like Kevin Smith for example who were thrilled that they finaly did a spidey movie where spidey felt like a kid.. though there were some shots of Holland in this movie that made me go..... ok yea they need to skip to graduation he ain't one them kid actors who gonna look like a kid till hes 30. He already looked like a grown man in a couple shot.

Anyway yea this movie was Eye candy to me. The best Spiderman action sequences. Surprisingly even the action sequence with no suit in Venice, that cgi is so much harder to do. And again Mysterios mind games were some of my favorite Comicbook visuals ever.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post

IA. I also prefer Peter as a 20 something and not fond of most of the more recent intepretations of him from the cartoons to movies being of him in HS.. Im glad the videogame at least didnt do that

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by SpiderClops View Post
    And Happy and Aunt May dating didn't really add anything.
    First, it was funny. Plus, Happy has been the butt of so many MCU jokes that he deserves something good for once.

Second, Happy was Tony's head of security. His literal job was protecting the high profile target named Tony Stark. Can you think of anyone else more qualified to protect Aunt May now that Peter's been exposed? Aunt May isn't getting shot in the MCU. She'll be protected by Tony's best people and tech against all but super villains, which is where Spidey comes in.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    The news clip "montage" showing the high school band getting pelted by a basketball to reflect that was so simple, so stupid, so great.
    Yeah, you gotta love how the movie handles info dumps; whether it be reminding people of the previous movies or explaining Mysterio's backstory and plan, they do it in the most entertaining ways possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    I also really liked Flash trying to pass off as a 21 year old for a glass of champagne, only for MJ to shoot that down.
    Pretty funny. Even better, she does it after Flash was insulting Peter. So, the joke also had hidden foreshadowing that Peter's feelings for her are returned.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

I don't expect Norman to show up all. Marvel has been deliberate about not retrending the same ground as the Sony movies. The Osborn's has been a major element of the Sony movies
    Actually I think that Flash is going to be the Harry Osborn character and his mother will be the head of an Oscorp type organisation leading to a female Goblin, they were dropping little hints about his mother in the movie as being uncaring of his welfare and being rich. You heard it here first, as for peter's identity I think that it was a last illusion from Mysterio playing with Peter's mind, after all Peter asked EDITH was beck lying on the floor real and it answered yes but Peter's original question was going to be is he dying or dead leaving the door open for his return?
    Hail Hydra!

Also noticed in the credits they showed like pictures of other heroes costumes when they showed Jake Gyllenhals credit for Mysterio. I saw Thor hinting that Beck took inspiration from Thors chest armor. Did anyone have time to see what else was on screen? I assume something of Dr Strange since his powers looked like Stranges at times. But I didn't have enough time to take anything except Thors armor in

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Actually I think that Flash is going to be the Harry Osborn character and his mother will be the head of an Oscorp type organisation leading to a female Goblin, they were dropping little hints about his mother in the movie as being uncaring of his welfare and being rich. You heard it here first, as for peter's identity I think that it was a last illusion from Mysterio playing with Peter's mind, after all Peter asked EDITH was beck lying on the floor real and it answered yes but Peter's original question was going to be is he dying or dead leaving the door open for his return?
    Instead of Oscorp we get Alchemax. I can do with MCU Spidey being Goblin free personally.

Ultimate Member

Have they explained why Stark didn't use Edith during End Game? Because now that I think about it, having hundreds of drones whittling down Thanos' forces would have been pretty helpful. Until Captain Marvel showed up, Thanos had complete air superiority.