Page 7 of 17 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

what happened to mysterio's cape they were working so hard on it oh no
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Mighty Member

I didn't stay for the second post credits scene - but I was honestly hoping that "Nick Fury" would have been revealed to be the Chameleon-- who was working with Mysterio the whole time.

the Ned/Betty romance didn't make any sense to me at all. it just felt like writing for the gag of it even happening rather than building on what we've already seen from both characters. ironically, the crappy high school video intro where Jason and Betty are obviously, and awkwardly struggling with the blip and sniping at each other felt like it made more sense. it was hard to imagine that "it's called math!" Betty getting along with the chronically spaced out Ned. I understand that they're basing it on the comics... but those were radically different characters with the same name. at least in the books it made some sort of sense. in the film I just didn't think it worked with these two. it was sorta funny, but it was funny in the way that you've seen that scenario before - and because the actors did their best to sell the scenes... but I don't think the writing worked.

Brad didn't really need to be there IMO. I understand why the writers -thought- he needed to be there... but, he just didn't. honestly, I think I would have preferred that ALL of Brad's scenes got cut and we had a reveal that the Fury who recruited Spiderman and the people who gave him the black suit were actually the Chameleon.

otherwise... I had fun. Mysterio was actually a really fun villain. and I think he was made even more entertaining because Gyllenhaal played him as though he actually likes Peter Parker, and would like to avoid killing him... if possible. but once that's not an option... he doesn't hesitate. I enjoyed Keaton as the Vulture... but I liked Mysterio even more.

I'd enjoy both spiderman movies so much more if it wasn't high school.

All the high school stuff is kinda groan inducing. Everything outside the high school stuff I do enjoy.

This was better than the first, the spider-man action was so much better in that last action sequence.

Both films are my favorite spider-man films (live action, Spider-verse still reigns supreme), but I just can't get into MCU spider-man franchise quite like I could cap, thor, im, BP, strange, gog, and even ant-man tbh.

BTW, grading on a bit of an MCU curve though. Compared to other MCU movies it is "solid" but not spectacular for me... compared to all other movies... It was 100% worth the ticket and I might see again.
    Black Panther Discord Server: https://discord.gg/SA3hQerktm

T'challa's Greatest Comic Book Feats: http://blackpanthermarvel.blogspot.c...her-feats.html

Incredible Member

I just wanted to say, I wish we had the capability to produce the kinds of virtual worlds that were shown by mysterio. If I was spiderman, right after he tried to shoot me in the head, I'd have stopped him and told him how amazing his work was.

Quote Originally Posted by Wall-Crawler View Post
    now the doubt becomes what is Fury doing in space?
    Actually, the doubt is, how many times in the MCU chronology has it not really been him? It’s almost, and I hate to say it, Original Sin, but replace the LMDs with shapeshifters.
    “And I urge you to please notice when you are happy, and exclaim or murmur or think at some point, 'If this isn't nice, I don't know what is.” ― Kurt Vonnegut Jr.

Technically, MJ *was* in the Amazing Spider-man 2. At the ending you can see the back of her head for 2 seconds in the Cafe attacked by the Rhino. She's the barista with the ponytail on the right in one of the shots.

Shalleine Woodley filmed a few scenes but they were all deleted apart from that tiny cameo.

I think Felicity Jones also had a few more scenes as Felicia Hardy too (At least one in the trailers watching the Goblin take off) but those were cut. Webb said he wanted to focus pretty much exclusively on Peter and Gwen.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JKtheMac View Post
    Actually, the doubt is, how many times in the MCU chronology has it not really been him? It’s almost, and I hate to say it, Original Sin, but replace the LMDs with shapeshifters.
    But Fury has always been Fury, hasn't he ? This is the only time he's been replaced.....unles I'm missing something.

Credit where credit is due: I love that the MCU realized that only one man could play Jameson. A more perfect casting simply isn't possible.

Quote Originally Posted by Totoro Man View Post
    the Ned/Betty romance didn't make any sense to me at all. it just felt like writing for the gag of it even happening rather than building on what we've already seen from both characters.
    It made sense in that they are two hormonal teenagers who sat next to each other on a very long plane ride. They got swept up in the romance of a European vacation and coupled up. When they got back home, they realized there was nothing to their relationship and quickly broke up.

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Technically, MJ *was* in the Amazing Spider-man 2. At the ending you can see the back of her head for 2 seconds in the Cafe attacked by the Rhino. She's the barista with the ponytail on the right in one of the shots.

Shalleine Woodley filmed a few scenes but they were all deleted apart from that tiny cameo.
    Deleted from the final cut but not...from everything, right? Wasn't there a scene where Gwen visits Mary Jane at her house? Is that available somewhere?

I didn't really enjoy this and I still can't quite put my finger on as to why. It dragged till the Mysterio reveal but even after that I just wasn't engaged at all. I thought Gyllenhaal's exposition scene was awful. I know it's hard to get backstory information across, but that was one of the worst info dumps I've seen in a while, coming right under the one in Crimes of Grindlewald. The characters were fine and there were some great emotional beats(Holland and Happy plane scene) but it all just felt so hollow. I thought Homecoming was 1000 times better.

Ultimate Member

I'm hoping for Kraven as the baddie in the next one. Also Black Cat finally.

Quote Originally Posted by 90'sCartoonMan View Post
    It made sense in that they are two hormonal teenagers who sat next to each other on a very long plane ride. They got swept up in the romance of a European vacation and coupled up. When they got back home, they realized there was nothing to their relationship and quickly broke up.

Deleted from the final cut but not...from everything, right? Wasn't there a scene where Gwen visits Mary Jane at her house? Is that available somewhere?

There's some filming pics and footage from the press but I don't think there's any blu-ray deleted scene. Could be wrong though. It looks like at least three scenes were shot 1) Meeting with Gwen 2)Meeting with Peter with her on a motorcycle 3) The coffee shop scene. It's possible there's more stuff that was shot in studio probably.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Mighty Member

Wonder when did Tony decide to give Peter control of EDITH?

Things I liked;
    1) people are gonna hate me for this, but I liked that spider had friends in high places and access to stark tech. Happy was one of my favorite characters.
    2) the European locales, though I would’ve preferred Paris over Prague. Reminded me of my class trip when I was a senior.
    3) the effects were great; spidey using his “Peter tingle.”
    Things I didn’t;
    1) all the teen angst stuff. Brad was a douche, so i’m Glad mj saw right through him.
    2) Peter being all Emo over mj. I would never have given EDITH to beck, just so I didn’t have to be spider man.
    3) I absolutely hated the mid credit scene, because peter almost loses everything. He’s outed and doubted, and I don’t know where they’re going with this, but I wish they hadn’t done it.dick move on beck’s part.
    I wish they did a bit more with the elementals; we barely saw anything of “sandman”. And that scene in the gym with may and spider was downright weird. What does she do for a living, anyway?
    Last edited by protege; 07-06-2019 at 09:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sammael View Post
    I just wanted to say, I wish we had the capability to produce the kinds of virtual worlds that were shown by mysterio. If I was spiderman, right after he tried to shoot me in the head, I'd have stopped him and told him how amazing his work was.
    Before you punched his lights out, right?