Astonishing Member

Default "Spider-Verse" - Possible consequences?

You might find this idea quite crazy, but I just thought about a potential plot coming from the whole Spider-Verse's stuff. 616's Peter Parker has lose many beloved ones, like Uncle Ben, Gwen Stacy and many others. But how about if, in a twisted way, could cause history to be rewritten and the dead ones would be revived? Let me explain:

During the first Spider-verse, we know the Inheritors destroyed and conquered many realities; at the same time they killed many spiders. Well, how about if such action would have a consequence in the Web of Life and Destiny? Before being totally killed, the essence's remains from the dead Spiders is channelled through the Web until they reach Earth 616, where lies the only Spider who was able to defeat an Inheritor (Morlun). As a consequence, that essence merges with the counterpart of the killed spider; probably at a deadly moment, which causes its life to be salved. For example, the essence of the Spider-Man who was Captain George Stacy travels to Earth-616 after an Inheritor killed him. Then, when 616's Captain Stacy was going to die (because of the incident with Doc Ock), the spider essence of his counterpart gives him the strength to survive.

That essence remains "latent" inside the 616's counterparts of the spiders, until we came to the events of Spider-Island; as the infection of the Jackal's experiment causes a "rebirth" of the dead spiders inside the counterparts. And because of this, unlike the others, the infection stays stable in them; without the danger of mutating into Man-Spiders. With this, we could have a world where Captain George Stacy, Gwen, Betty Brant, Flash Thompson and several others got Spider-Powers. Quite crazy, huh?

What do you think of this idea?

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Reminds me of the premise of the Jet Li movie The One, where it was posited that there was a relatively finite amount of life energy spread evenly across multiples of the same person in the Multiverse, and with each counterpart that died, that life energy was taken and redistributed among the decreasing number of surviving alternates, thus increasing their overall strength, speed, and intelligence. Once it was down to just two counterparts left of the character(s) played by Jet Li, they were both very much superhuman from the life energy that was now evenly divided between them as opposed to dispersed throughout 100+ doppelgangers, and the evil one who had been killing off all the others wanted to do the same to his one remaining double so he could take all their life energy for himself and become a god, or so he theorized. Come to think of it, something similar happened in Identity Wars, a crossover between Amazing Spider-Man, Deadpool, and Incredible Hulk, where Peter's counterpart the Amazing Spider had been luring A/U Spider-Men to his world to drain their life energy and empower himself further.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

He!, "The One". I remember that movie, but I totally forgot about its title and I haven't seen it in years. Thanks for the info, I hope I can find it somewhere.

Yeah, I remember that crossover too. But quite ironically, that Peter Parker acted quite similar to Morlun and his family. In the end, be became "Ghost Spider", a mix between Spider-Man and Ghost Rider. I can't believe they didn't use this one on the Spider-Verse's crossovers. If he has something like a Penance Glare, it could have tortured the Inheritors to death.

I think they're deliberately avoiding using that one so that Gwen can own the name.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    He!, "The One". I remember that movie, but I totally forgot about its title and I haven't seen it in years. Thanks for the info, I hope I can find it somewhere.

Yeah, I remember that crossover too. But quite ironically, that Peter Parker acted quite similar to Morlun and his family. In the end, be became "Ghost Spider", a mix between Spider-Man and Ghost Rider. I can't believe they didn't use this one on the Spider-Verse's crossovers. If he has something like a Penance Glare, it could have tortured the Inheritors to death.
    Yeah, that would've been nice, though he did cameo in the spread from the Spider-Geddon finale where all the Spiders dogpiled the Inheritors.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I think they're deliberately avoiding using that one so that Gwen can own the name.
    Probably.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

OP - It might prove interesting. I would give the idea a try as a fanfic but I have way too many already lol.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."