Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Weredragons with notable feats

What are some impressive Weredragons you guys know of?

BANNED

If Karma Abyss is counted as a were-dragon(she's more like a were-human...) it starts like this:

5f4d36824abbbe0b96729728d035a7ae.jpg

^^^Making random holes in a moon

0965de46e3d5c19fe17b96ab3d174336.jpg

^^^LVL1 "fire" spell = mini nuke

She also clears out entire dungeons with single attacks, is capable of "creation" of objects out of nothing, hypnotizing creatures into her preferred means of suicide, and the series has only just begun.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Not sure if he counts, given that he's a dragon who assumes the form of a man rather than a man that turns into a dragon, but Grougalorangran from Wakfu is a beast.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

The only one I could think of was Ryu from the Breath of Fire series. But I'm not really sure he's a were-dragon...
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The MunchKING View Post
    The only one I could think of was Ryu from the Breath of Fire series. But I'm not really sure he's a were-dragon...
    Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter is more akin to the idea of a weredragon. Like, it's a curse sort of thing and he's constantly fighting against losing his humanity.

I should replay that game, even though I was bad at it, it had great atmosphere and art direction.

E-Liter3K Scoped Headshot The MunchKING's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Breath of Fire: Dragon Quarter is more akin to the idea of a weredragon. Like, it's a curse sort of thing and he's constantly fighting against losing his humanity.

I should replay that game, even though I was bad at it, it had great atmosphere and art direction.
    Oh yeah. I didn't really like that one as much as the others.

Mostly because of how hard they made it to save the game...
    The MunchKING is Back! And he is AWSOME!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by JohnDiggle View Post
    What are some impressive Weredragons you guys know of?
    Amusingly, Tohru and co. from Miss Kobayashi's Dragon Maid manages to sneak a few in to what boils down to a RomCom.

Firebreath being used to polish a room to shining bare walls, and the furnishings being conjured back into existence when the apartment's owner and meidoragon's prospective employer objected come to mind.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    Not sure if he counts, given that he's a dragon who assumes the form of a man rather than a man that turns into a dragon, but Grougalorangran from Wakfu is a beast.

Good call.

If we're also going with Dragons Who Change Into People, Manah Razz -- Anima -- is alternately a cat, a raven, a woman, and a (literally) mile-high dragon (not counting tail; some Anima 'monsters' are ridiculously big).
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

I mean, it's like people just invite me here for this kind of thing.

There are many, many weredragons in Malazan. Rake is, pretty unsurprisingly, top tier, joined there by Draconus, probably his brother Silchas, Olar Ethil, and a few others. Rake can probably toast a continent if he gets angry enough, and the portal to the realm of dragons (the source of all sorcery in Malazan) is quite literally in his mouth when he's transformed.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I mean, it's like people just invite me here for this kind of thing.
    I was leaving this for you, having other stuff I could mention.

There are many, many weredragons in Malazan. Rake is, pretty unsurprisingly, top tier, joined there by Draconus, probably his brother Silchas, Olar Ethil, and a few others. Rake can probably toast a continent if he gets angry enough, and the portal to the realm of dragons (the source of all sorcery in Malazan) is quite literally in his mouth when he's transformed.
    I need to read Malazan again, but I'm fairly sure Rake is confirmed somewhere, somehow, as someone capable of razing a continent. I'd put him at top tier of that group, especially because everyone else in pretty much any Malazan group not including Draconus is scared to living crap of him.

I'm not sure I'd go with Draconus as anything approaching a were-dragon simply because he feels more like something capable of taking on dragon form if he wants, but he's neither a dragon nor any kind of mortal being nor ever was, and dragon form and 'human' (or Tiste) form are neither of his true forms, which seems to be closer to the giant death storm. ^_^

But Rake? Totally. Dude is Soletaken, it's kind of a disease in a way, he had to master it, he was (at one point) mortal, the dragon is his 'other' form. If he doesn't qualify, I don't know what does.
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

In the game Dragon Commander, you are an Emperor in a flying castle, setting policies for your state on a range of contemporary issues, managing your eclectic collection of boisterous generals, tending to affairs of state, and managing a war for the survival of the realm.

And you're half dragon, so in addition to commanding armies in battle you can also fly over and wreck enemy armies yourself with fire and plenty of magic spells.

Oh and you, a dragon, have a jet pack with afterburner capability.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I was leaving this for you, having other stuff I could mention.
    I knew you were.

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    I need to read Malazan again, but I'm fairly sure Rake is confirmed somewhere, somehow, as someone capable of razing a continent. I'd put him at top tier of that group, especially because everyone else in pretty much any Malazan group not including Draconus is scared to living crap of him.

I'm not sure I'd go with Draconus as anything approaching a were-dragon simply because he feels more like something capable of taking on dragon form if he wants, but he's neither a dragon nor any kind of mortal being nor ever was, and dragon form and 'human' (or Tiste) form are neither of his true forms, which seems to be closer to the giant death storm. ^_^

But Rake? Totally. Dude is Soletaken, it's kind of a disease in a way, he had to master it, he was (at one point) mortal, the dragon is his 'other' form. If he doesn't qualify, I don't know what does.
    All of that is right on. Kilmandaros, someone who kills Elder Soletaken dragons with single punches, wets herself with the thought of pissing Rake off (and, notably, threatens to kill her co-conspirator if he dares to insult Rake's name, the dude earns THAT much respect), and positively quails when she realizes that Draconus is free.

Being Soletaken absolutely has an effect on the "host." ESPECIALLY if it's Eleint (dragon). They are driven powerfully by the need for chaos, they can even be controlled by an older, more powerful dragon when the rage catches up to them.

I don't know about Draconus and his dragon form - honestly, it seems like Erikson might have just forgotten about Draconus not being Tiste or Soletaken or something, but it's so hard to say. Olar Ethil, the other of the Azathanai (basically Elder Gods, for those watching from home) who takes dragon form, most definitely did drink from the blood of Tiam to get that form. Maybe the third book of the Kharhanas series will shed some light here.

The continent-busting thing comes from a scene, before meeting the Pannions, where Rake talks to Korlat and explains that he's going to have to go away for a little while on the eve of a decisive battle. Yes, this is most definitely the "send Thor/Superman/whomever away the day before the big battle, otherwise it won't be a battle" writing tool. In that chat, Rake tells her to, in the case of a magical battle, fully unveil Kurald Galain (the Elder Dark warren, the one the Tiste Andii call on). She replies with "fully unveil? I thought you wanted to fight a battle, not destroy the continent." He lets her know that they are facing more than they appear to be facing: he likely knows by this time that the Domin was using a K'chain matron being controlled by the Seer, who was actually a Jaghut tyrant.

Those people who might accidentally waste a continent are just Rake's underlings here, and though there are a number of them and they are crazy tough compared to most humans, none of them hold a candle to Rake's raging bonfire.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

The Ancient Dragons and Serpent Dragons from the Deaths Gate series. Both of them could turn human but I don't think the're really dragons; more forces of nature.

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    I knew you were.
    ^_^

All of that is right on. Kilmandaros, someone who kills Elder Soletaken dragons with single punches, wets herself with the thought of pissing Rake off (and, notably, threatens to kill her co-conspirator if he dares to insult Rake's name, the dude earns THAT much respect), and positively quails when she realizes that Draconus is free.
    Hilarious, that.

[Kilmandaros] Yay! Rake is dead! We're free to carry through with our evil plan!

[Draconus] *in a distant place* Rake, your death has freed me! Despite the fact that you stuck me in your sword for hundreds of thousands of years, tormented, I've never lost my bromance with you, and totally understand why you did what you did! For this, I shall always treasure your memory, and will act to protect your dream!

[Kilmandaros] ...well ****.

Being Soletaken absolutely has an effect on the "host." ESPECIALLY if it's Eleint (dragon). They are driven powerfully by the need for chaos, they can even be controlled by an older, more powerful dragon when the rage catches up to them.
    Yeah, the blood drives 'em crazy.

I don't know about Draconus and his dragon form - honestly, it seems like Erikson might have just forgotten about Draconus not being Tiste or Soletaken or something, but it's so hard to say. Olar Ethil, the other of the Azathanai (basically Elder Gods, for those watching from home) who takes dragon form, most definitely did drink from the blood of Tiam to get that form. Maybe the third book of the Kharhanas series will shed some light here.
    I'm hoping.

Draconus IS darkness in some ways. That's made clear. That's why I figure the giant death cloud he was when he first escaped the sword is pretty much HIM. I mean, he's Azathanai. He's not Tiste, he takes their form. It's a thing that Azathanai take on different forms (noted on many occasions).

Maybe Olar and he are Soletaken. Maybe one needs the blood of the Elient to become Elient, because they're a special case due to the connection to the Warrens. I dunno.

I wouldn't bet that he has issues with control, though.

The continent-busting thing comes from a scene, before meeting the Pannions, where Rake talks to Korlat and explains that he's going to have to go away for a little while on the eve of a decisive battle. Yes, this is most definitely the "send Thor/Superman/whomever away the day before the big battle, otherwise it won't be a battle" writing tool. In that chat, Rake tells her to, in the case of a magical battle, fully unveil Kurald Galain (the Elder Dark warren, the one the Tiste Andii call on). She replies with "fully unveil? I thought you wanted to fight a battle, not destroy the continent." He lets her know that they are facing more than they appear to be facing: he likely knows by this time that the Domin was using a K'chain matron being controlled by the Seer, who was actually a Jaghut tyrant.

Those people who might accidentally waste a continent are just Rake's underlings here, and though there are a number of them and they are crazy tough compared to most humans, none of them hold a candle to Rake's raging bonfire.
    That was it.

I believe -- if I recall correctly -- all of this is supported by crap happening later in the series that literally raises volcanos on the other side of the planet as collateral. I think that had something to do with Icarium.

Really need to read the series again. Still waiting for the prequel book III, though.
    Why are we here?

Deathwing from WoW was pretty beastly. He was ignoring time stops, causing (tiny) visible injuries to dimension shaking entities and affecting the earth's landscapes.

I'm only mentioning him because he frequently spends time as a human. Not sure if that counts.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure