Thread: Uncanny X-Men

All-New Member

Default Uncanny X-Men

I have recently started reading Uncanny X-Men for the first time, largely because of Salvatorre Larocca being the artist (yes I'm a big fan especially his run on Star Wars). I was surprised by the appearance of Captain America in issue 11. I was under the impression that the X-Men were in a different universe to the Avengers universe, hAs this always been the case?

Personally I think it would be better if the Uncanny X-Men existed in a different universe as there appears to be too many heroes in the Marvel-verse. It also begs the question whether the non-X Men heroes of the Marvel-verse posses the mutant gene of the characters like Spider-Man, The Hulk etc had the mutant gene which was activated by their related triggers e.g. The spider bite and gamma radiation explosion.

I would live to hear others thoughts.

Except for special cases (temporal displacements to alternate realities, a given character native to an alternate universe, etc), all the Marvel heroes exist in the same universe. But have in mind that, right now, we are in one of those special cases: almost all the X-men have been displaced to an alternate reality for the "Age of X-Man" crossover, and Uncanny X-Men is focused on those few that remained at home. But the crossover is soon to end, and then they will return home.

By the way, there is another subforum filled with threads related specifically to the X-Men. You'll surely find plenty of ongoing discussions that you may want to join.

All-New Member

Thanks Ultimate Cap. Aside from Salvatore Larocca the other reason I started looking at the X Men books was that I’m looking for something new to read. House of X looks interesting as well.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFalcon72 View Post
    Personally I think it would be better if the Uncanny X-Men existed in a different universe as there appears to be too many heroes in the Marvel-verse. It also begs the question whether the non-X Men heroes of the Marvel-verse posses the mutant gene of the characters like Spider-Man, The Hulk etc had the mutant gene which was activated by their related triggers e.g. The spider bite and gamma radiation explosion.
    Spider-Man and Hulk aren't mutants. Mutants are born with their powers (the powers activate at puberty, but if the mutation deforms you, you'll be born that way, for example Nightcrawler's blue skin and tail). Franklin Richards is a mutant, but his parents and uncles, the Fantastic Four, aren't.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman