Page 1 of 34 1234511 ... LastLast

Default Who is Kindred?

I really don't know who Kindred supposed to be. I can't think of anyone that close to Peter. Are we supposed to get his identity next issue?
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

I thought Ezekiel Sims. Other names I've seen brought up: Jason Macendale, Gwen Stacy, Ned Leeds and a Peter Parker.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    I really don't know who Kindred supposed to be. I can't think of anyone that close to Peter. Are we supposed to get his identity next issue?
    Here is another possibility: Richard Fisk aka The Rose could be Kindred and came back from Hell like Mysterio. Why? Mephisto is behind it all. Fisk is directly connected to his dad Wilson Fisk aka Kingpin and was in Hell with Mysterio. Maybe the deal is Fisk takes revenge on his patents in exchange for making Pete and MJ pay for breaking the deal?

Richard recently appears in a good position in Hell in Damnation: Ghost Rider. It's a possibility.

Kindred must be someone who died before the Civil War, when Quentin came out of hell (probably before Mysterio's death in Guardian Devil)

Macendale is a strong candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by NC_Yankee View Post
    Here is another possibility: Richard Fisk aka The Rose could be Kindred
    he's too much of a loser. he wouldn't be calling Spider-man 'Pete' either.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    Kindred must be someone who died before the Civil War, when Quentin came out of hell (probably before Mysterio's death in Guardian Devil)

Macendale is a strong candidate.
    he lacks any and all obsession with Peter and MJ. Macendale would not be that interested in Peter's personal life.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    ...he lacks any and all obsession with Peter and MJ. Macendale would not be that interested in Peter's personal life.
    Agreed, I think Macendale can safely be disqualified as a suspect after this issue.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

it could be Ezekiel but, to have real impact, it would have to be someone from the early days of Spider-man's story or someone within his (or MJ's) social circle. and I still think that we're all just ignoring Ned Leed's warning about Betty. it would be weird to just have him show up, have lunch with Aunt May, and then be buried alive. was it done to tie up a loose end? or was it a hint at something? Kindred is overly familiar with Spider-man. that much I can say with certainty. he calls him 'Pete' instead of the more formal 'Peter.' only Peter's friends call him 'Pete.' even Betty Brant called him 'Peter' in those early days. then Kindred loses it when Peter reveals his secret identity to Felicia Hardy. I don't know who Kindred is. but I know enough to rule out some characters.

Incredible Member

I see some interesting guesses, but surprised not to see this one:

Kindred = Flash Thompson

You heard it here first!

Quote Originally Posted by wleakr View Post
    I see some interesting guesses, but surprised not to see this one:

Kindred = Flash Thompson

You heard it here first!
    people guessed that in the last thread. It wouldn't make any sense. and Flash wouldn't have been resurrecting Mysterio from death or making deals with Wilson Fisk.

Kindred looked a lot like Doctor Octopus with how the centipedes were positioned on panel. Did they ever explain what happened to Otto's corpse after it was dug up? (Was it the Jackal? I pretty much forgot everything that happened in "Clone Conspiracy." )
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

FACTS ABOUT KINDRED

-He's male

-He used to be a real human

-He only cares about Peter

-He's likely been dead since before Guardian Devil, so last century

-He could be Ben or George

-He's probably an original character related to important continuity because Spencer is smart

HIS NAME IS

spoilers:
    Gorr was right.
    end of spoilers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    FACTS ABOUT KINDRED

-He's male

-He used to be a real human

-He only cares about Peter

-He's likely been dead since before Guardian Devil, so last century

-He could be Ben or George

-He's probably an original character related to important continuity because Spencer is smart

HIS NAME IS

spoilers:
    Gorr was right.
    end of spoilers
    - He's a bad person, because when he died, he went to Hell

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    - He's a bad person, because when he died, he went to Hell
    Oh ho ho yes yes yes
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Kindred looked a lot like Doctor Octopus with how the centipedes were positioned on panel. Did they ever explain what happened to Otto's corpse after it was dug up? (Was it the Jackal? I pretty much forgot everything that happened in "Clone Conspiracy." )
    I suppose you could argue he might be the original Doc Ock who got killed by Kaine during the Clone Saga (I believe the Master Programmer was explicitly a backup of him that got implanted into his body).