Page 10 of 34 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131420 ... LastLast

I think nobody remembered him, so I will say: Bart Hamilton

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    I think nobody remembered him, so I will say: Bart Hamilton
    shouldnt he be dead due to the clones going away at the end of Dead no More
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    shouldnt he be dead due to the clones going away at the end of Dead no More
    Not all of them. Some were able to survive, depending on their proximity to the signal that caused them to start rapidly degenerating or to the countersignal Spider-Man used to halt the degeneration. In the Lizard family's case, Curt used the Lizard formula on them gambling that its regenerative properties would counteract the cellular decay, and that was why they were still around.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

I feel like Kindred can't be any of the people who were brought back in The Clone Conspiracy, whether they died by the end of the story or are still around, because as the book itself stated in Hunted, the souls of the clones are the genuine originals, and since Kindred's been working as a high-profile demon for as long as at least Mysterio's death, then he wouldn't have been resurrected.

Maybe Kindred never appeared before because he never had a body after his death, and thanks to the Clone Conspiracy, Kindred has a body now (a body in very poor condition, but it's better than none).

I kind of wonder if Kindred's going to turn out to be Harry Osborn, with the Harry we've seen since OMD being either a clone or just him in v. deep cover. Mysterio was involved in the retconned fake death, right?

As for why Harry would end up in hell, well maybe he made a deal with Mephisto to trade his soul for, say, bringing his dad back to life? It'd provide a diagetic explanation for Norman's return out of nowhere.

The burglar, which I'm not sure I like. Leave the origin alone (I also dislike Silk).
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    The burglar, which I'm not sure I like. Leave the origin alone (I also dislike Silk).
    I really don't like Silk either.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Batman Begins 2005 View Post
    I really don't like Silk either.
    What's there to like or dislike these days? Really, she is just sort of there taking up space. There is nothing unique enough about her to frankly justify her continued existence. When introduced there were a few aspects of her character which could have proven interesting (her quest for her past and her, admittedly cringy, connection to Peter) but which have since been abandoned or downplayed. Silk has become the epitome of an unnecessary character, IMO.
    Last edited by Celgress; 07-11-2019 at 10:25 PM.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I'd honestly like her a bit more were she not a pointless add-on to Peter's origin. I just choose to ignore her. I don't mind alterations or addendums to origin stories if done with a little originality/creativity, but (a) Silk is completely pointless and (b) making the goddamned burglar a supervillain is BEYOND corny. I hope it's not him but in my opinion all arrows point directly in that direction.
    Read my free superhero webcomic, The Ill!

http://theill.thecomicseries.com/comics/540/

I'm leaning towards Harry. I'm willing to accept that BND Harry is a clone. I definitely think it will tie into OMD in some way, the fact that it was also what brought Harry back is too coincidental. Maybe demon Harry is the one who convinced Miphisto that a deal for Spidey's marriage would be worthwhile. Isn't one of the complaints of OMD that Mephisto would have no real reason to care about Peter's marriage?

I know we are trying to use Mysterio's death as a point of reference but are we sure that hell is ... temporarily linear?

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    I know we are trying to use Mysterio's death as a point of reference but are we sure that hell is ... temporarily linear?
    Jeremy Bearimy?

I don't think Marvel has directly established that time flows in an entirely one-to-one basis between Hell and Earth, but it has to be somewhat close (c.f. Venom: Circle of Four where events are coordinated across a boundary between Hell and Earth). Obviously, Marvel can ignore that or we can come up with a No Prize to explain it away. Also, with the compressed timeline, it's possible that things that happened out-of-universe years apart have been compacted to mere months or weeks apart in-universe, which might allow for a minor Hell/Earth time-rate discrepancy.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    I'd honestly like her a bit more were she not a pointless add-on to Peter's origin. I just choose to ignore her. I don't mind alterations or addendums to origin stories if done with a little originality/creativity, but (a) Silk is completely pointless and (b) making the goddamned burglar a supervillain is BEYOND corny. I hope it's not him but in my opinion all arrows point directly in that direction.
    I really dislike Cindy Moon. In fact, she was the final straw that caused me to stop even following Spider-Man until Slott left the book. If I would rank all of the Parker women from best ( MJ then Michelle Gonzalez) to worst Silk is on the bottom. She is one step above Mephisto as the character who I never want to see in Amazing again ( I even put the Stacy Twins and Jackal above her)..As far as Kindred is concerned, I had suggested Harry a few weeks ago and certain people here did not like it one bit.

if you dislike Cindy Moon, do you also dislike Jessica Jones? she was shoehorned into Peter's early days as well (even though Bendis forgot that earlier in the series he wrote Jessica remarking to Carol Danvers that she ran into Spider-man and didn't realize that he was a little kid).