Page 30 of 34 FirstFirst ... 20262728293031323334 LastLast

I reread Standoff recently and seeing the Bucky/Zemo flippy floop Spencer did there has renewed my faith that Kindred will be something amazing.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    I reread Standoff recently and seeing the Bucky/Zemo flippy floop Spencer did there has renewed my faith that Kindred will be something amazing.
    That was the highpoint of his run.

I don't mean that as a slam against the rest of his run, that was just a really good moment.

Purely from timing, a displaced Miguel O'Hara makes sense.

That connects Kindred to the 2099 event.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

that doesn't seem to make sense.

Thought about bringing this back since ASM #37 offered up a new appearance from Kindred and gave us some new clues regarding his plan:

He admits Norman did get under his skin back during Absolute Carnage.
    He wants Peter to face his "biggest sin". A "lie that unravels everything he is, one buried so deep he barely remembers."
    He can revive people, and in turn revives the Sin Eater.

I feel like his line just further emphasizes the fact he's referring to One More Day, mostly because I have no idea what else his biggest lie or sin could be. I would say it may have still been possible he is another no-name just being extremely petty about something unimportant, but his connection to Norman seems to imply there is something greater to his existence.

If we are going under the logic of relating to OMD, the theory I'm still sticking with is that Kindred is the physical manifestation of Peter's soul after he made the deal. If you consider the change events timeline wise, so Kindred would show up in hell at the same time as the original supposed wedding, it would line up with the Mysterio connection, makes sense why Norman would know or care who he is, recognizing this "Dark Peter", and would also make the first arc where Peter and Spider-Man are split into two beings as effectively extreme foreshadowing to this.

I could also see this being Harry, or at least a piece of Harry's soul that was split and left behind after he was brought back after OMD. The Mysterio, Norman, and dualling personalities points all fit just as well for him.

Other than those two, I'm not sure who else would exactly fit all the clues brought up as well. I know some people think Gwen, who does have the dead before Mysterio and Norman connections, (and even dualling personalities if the Gwen from Clone Conspiracy is still around) but I don't see her as someone who would care so much about Peter remembering or undoing OMD as a "Dark Peter" or Harry would. Plus I don't really buy her ending up in hell in the first place.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Thought about bringing this back since ASM #37 offered up a new appearance from Kindred and gave us some new clues regarding his plan:

He admits Norman did get under his skin back during Absolute Carnage.
    He wants Peter to face his "biggest sin". A "lie that unravels everything he is, one buried so deep he barely remembers."
    He can revive people, and in turn revives the Sin Eater.

I feel like his line just further emphasizes the fact he's referring to One More Day, mostly because I have no idea what else his biggest lie or sin could be. I would say it may have still been possible he is another no-name just being extremely petty about something unimportant, but his connection to Norman seems to imply there is something greater to his existence.

If we are going under the logic of relating to OMD, the theory I'm still sticking with is that Kindred is the physical manifestation of Peter's soul after he made the deal. If you consider the change events timeline wise, so Kindred would show up in hell at the same time as the original supposed wedding, it would line up with the Mysterio connection, makes sense why Norman would know or care who he is, recognizing this "Dark Peter", and would also make the first arc where Peter and Spider-Man are split into two beings as effectively extreme foreshadowing to this.
    Great observation!

I use to be fully on board the “dark version OMD Peter Parker” theory for Kindred. Then I got off the boat after that Norman/Kindred encounter. Well after reading issue 37 I’m back on board the wagon. The entire dialogue sequence from Kindred just screams of some OMD connection, especially that line about “barely remembering” lie and sin.

Sineater being brought back or whatever throws me off the trail of who Kindred is a little. It did remind me of Jean DeWolff who I liked.

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    Sineater being brought back or whatever throws me off the trail of who Kindred is a little. It did remind me of Jean DeWolff who I liked.
    I actually thought that Kindred being Jean Dewolff was a strong possibly after first reading the issue. After going back and re-reading it though the Kindred dialogue is just screaming OMD reference to me. I’m 100 percent committed to the “OMD” Peter Parker being Kindred theory right now.

BANNED

Unborn Parker kid.

Parkers Mom.

Some ex gf.

Madame Web.

Spidermans mind that stuck in ock.

Future Mary Jane.

Mighty Member

This is mostly suggested tongue-in-cheek, but what about the actress that played Aunt May during the Clone Saga? She was hired by Norman, she's been basically forgotten ("barely remembered"), she'd know everything about Peter. Retcon her to having been a member of Norman's organization and that'd explain why she knows a lot of people and how she ended up in Hell. It's . . . well, unlikely and stupid, but it's also novel and stupid.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Okay, it's been awhile since I've done one of my crazy speculations/theories but...

What if Kindred is Gwen Stacy? More specifically, Gwen Stacy from Dead No More: The Clone Conspiracy?

Remember, Clone Conspiracy established that Gwen was actually conscious during "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" and thus learned that Spider-Man was Peter Parker. This also means that she blamed Peter for her father's death. Yes, Gwen forgave Peter during Clone Conspiracy, but let's also remember she underwent clone degeneration during that arc, too. What if she survived, but the partial degeneration also drove her insane?

Also, if you think Gwen being Kindred is nuts, it actually tracks quite well. The choice of calling him/herself Kindred? It alludes to Spider-Man and him/herself being Kindred Spirits? Hasn't it been said that Peter and Gwen, as lovers, were Kindred Spirits themselves? Look at Kindred's body type. The way Ryan Ottley draws him/her in the latest issue, he/she looks more feminine than masculine, even androgynous.

Look back, too, at those scenes between Kindred and Norman Osborn in ASM #30 and #31. The dialogue makes it sound like Kindred could be Harry, but if you read with the mindset that Kindred is Gwen, it totally fits. Especially when Norman talks about Kindred being his true "Legacy." After all, what is the Green Goblin's real legacy? He's the one indirectly responsible for Gwen death, one of the biggest blows Spider-Man ever had on par with the death of Uncle Ben. Speaking of which, what is the one sin Peter has refused to acknowledge to the point that he "barely even [remembers] it at all"? It's that he, not Norman, actually killed Gwen. She didn't die after the Green Goblin pushed her off the Brooklyn Bridge; she died when Peter tried to save her with his webbing, and the webbing accidentally snapped and broke her neck.

Also, if Gwen is Kindred, it totally fits with why Kindred believes Peter, as Spider-Man, endangers those he loves. It fits with why Kindred was actually protective of Mary Jane when you consider that MJ and Gwen were best friends. It fits with why Kindred was so angry that Peter re-revealed his secret identity to Black Cat; after all, Peter never revealed his identity to Gwen, the woman he loved. But he does to a former ex-girlfriend?

As for all of Kindred's demonic powers? Those can easily all be tech based, and all the allusions towards One More Day are deliberate red herrings (notice, too, it's never been outright stated in any issue that Kindred is connected to One More Day. That's an assumption we, as readers, are deliberately intended to make on the basis of Kindred's abilities and Mysterio talking about how he died and came back from Hell during PAD's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, which was later retconned as, "Quentin Beck never died. It was just another illusion.") After all, Mysterio does the same thing by making it look like he has supernatural powers when he really doesn't, and it seems like more than coincidental that he's in servitude to Kindred. Plus, wouldn't it be ironic that the Master of Illusion is duped by his own gimmick?

Keep in mind, this is just a theory, so I very well could be wrong.
    Last edited by stillanerd; 01-10-2020 at 06:34 PM.
    --Mike McNulty, a.k.a. Stillanerd. Contributor for Bam Smack Pow! and Viral Hare
    Previous Articles for Whatever A Spider Can.
    Previous Articles for Spider-Man Crawlspace.

Don't ever take a fence down until you know the reason why it was put up.--G.K. Chesterton

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Okay, it's been awhile since I've done one of my crazy speculations/theories but...

What if Kindred is Gwen Stacy? More specifically, Gwen Stacy from Dead No More: The Clone Conspiracy?

Remember, Clone Conspiracy established that Gwen was actually conscious during "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" and thus learned that Spider-Man was Peter Parker. This also means that she blamed Peter for her father's death. Yes, Gwen forgave Peter during Clone Conspiracy, but let's also remember she underwent clone degeneration during that arc, too. What if she survived, but the partial degeneration also drove her insane?

Also, if you think Gwen being Kindred is nuts, it actually tracks quite well. The choice of calling him/herself Kindred? It alludes to Spider-Man and him/herself being Kindred Spirits? Hasn't it been said that Peter and Gwen, as lovers, were Kindred Spirits themselves? Look at Kindred's body type. The way Ryan Ottley draws him/her in the latest issue, he/she looks more feminine than masculine, even androgynous.

Look back, too, at those scenes between Kindred and Norman Osborn in ASM #30 and #31. The dialogue makes it sound like Kindred could be Harry, but if you read with the mindset that Kindred is Gwen, it totally fits. Especially when Norman talks about Kindred being his true "Legacy." After all, what is the Green Goblin's real legacy? He's the one indirectly responsible for Gwen death, one of the biggest blows Spider-Man ever had on par with the death of Uncle Ben. Speaking of which, what is the one sin Peter has refused to acknowledge to the point that he "barely even [remembers] it at all"? It's that he, not Norman, actually killed Gwen. She didn't die after the Green Goblin pushed her off the Brooklyn Bridge; she died when Peter tried to save her with his webbing, and the webbing accidentally snapped and broke her neck.

Also, if Gwen is Kindred, it totally fits with why Kindred believes Peter, as Spider-Man, endangers those he loves. It fits with why Kindred was actually protective of Mary Jane when you consider that MJ and Gwen were best friends. It fits with why Kindred was so angry that Peter re-revealed his secret identity to Black Cat; after all, Peter never revealed his identity to Gwen, the woman he loved. But he does to a former ex-girlfriend?

As for all of Kindred's demonic powers? Those can easily all be tech based, and all the allusions towards One More Day are deliberate red herrings (notice, too, it's never been outright stated in any issue that Kindred is connected to One More Day. That's an assumption we, as readers, are deliberately intended to make on the basis of Kindred's abilities and Mysterio talking about how he died and came back from Hell during PAD's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, which was later retconned as, "Quentin Beck never died. It was just another illusion.") After all, Mysterio does the same thing by making it look like he has supernatural powers when he really doesn't, and it seems like more than coincidental that he's in servitude to Kindred. Plus, wouldn't it be ironic that the Master of Illusion is duped by his own gimmick?

Keep in mind, this is just a theory, so I very well could be wrong.
    How would you explain Kindred getting into Peter’s dreams ?

Amazing Member

And the fundamental question - why on the Earth such a good person like Gwen Stacy did go to Hell after death?

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    And the fundamental question - why on the Earth such a good person like Gwen Stacy did go to Hell after death?
    While I dont think its Gwen, a possible answer to your question is Sins Past, lol.