Page 26 of 34 FirstFirst ... 16222324252627282930 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by GeorgiaDawg View Post
    It’s obviously Mattie Franklin
    To be fair, being someone from the Gathering Five could work since that ritual could be demonic by nature.

Quote Originally Posted by bob/.schoonover View Post
    Maybe it's a combination of pre-OMD Peter' spirit combined with Harry and Gwen. Kind of like Onslaught, but with less sexual tension
    Well, what's the point of doing that then?

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Lol ok so we are probably in the minority then. I’m almost certain that this isn’t going to have that connection at all. Still hoping for a major curveball from Spencer though
    Well, I don't hope for it, but I do consider that OMD could have involvement with Kindred, like say, he could only do that half assed resurrection on Mysterio and couldn't come to Earth himself, but when OMD happened he somehow could resurrect himself and Mysterio, or something else connected with OMD.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    But at this point, Harry would be too obvious. The interactions you see between him and Norman are the types you would see after Kindred's identity is revealed to sell the audience on the reveal making sense, rather than a clue about his identity.
    I have the same feeling. I mean, the hints and allusions implied in this issue really cement Harry as the prime suspect for being Kindred. As has been stated, the Kraven reveal earlier in the run was presented as a red herring that ultimately turned out to be exactly what it was. I wouldn't put it past Spencer to pull the same trick twice. Purely because we think it will be the opposite second time round.

Really hoping it is a double bluff and we get something truly unexpected. But these "reveals" for long-term mystery plots in Amazing have never really matched the hype (the only exception would be Norman's original reveal as the Green Goblin).

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Well, I don't hope for it, but I do consider that OMD could have involvement with Kindred, like say, he could only do that half assed resurrection on Mysterio and couldn't come to Earth himself, but when OMD happened he somehow could resurrect himself and Mysterio, or something else connected with OMD.
    I like this idea. I've always felt that if and when Marvel decides to address OMD (in whatever way they do), it'll be a build-up of multiple parts (Peter and/or MJ finds out, Peter grapples with whether trying to undo it will result in Aunt May's death*, Peter and/or MJ confront Mephisto in some fashion or break the curse some other way**). If Kindred (be it Harry, or Gwen, 616 Baby May, or someone else) was only able to manifest in our reality because of the deal, then Peter finding that out would be the first step and would probably create a lot of buzz.

*While there is a lot of moral ambiguity about what Peter traded in OMD, undoing OMD may have a more concrete "May Parker will definitely die" consequence that provides a more interesting quandary for Peter

**Maybe they just need to sing "The Power of Love" by Huey Lewis
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I have the same feeling. I mean, the hints and allusions implied in this issue really cement Harry as the prime suspect for being Kindred. As has been stated, the Kraven reveal earlier in the run was presented as a red herring that ultimately turned out to be exactly what it was. I wouldn't put it past Spencer to pull the same trick twice. Purely because we think it will be the opposite second time round.

Really hoping it is a double bluff and we get something truly unexpected. But these "reveals" for long-term mystery plots in Amazing have never really matched the hype (the only exception would be Norman's original reveal as the Green Goblin).
    Well, I don't think the original reveal of Norman was all that great. The issues themselves when Peter and Norman discovered their mutual IDs were exciting as hell, sure, but the discovery that GG was Norman wasn't particularly mind blowing in and of itself as I don't think readers were especially invested in who Norman was as a character prior to that. Long running mysteries are notoriously hard to pay off. Spider-Man has been hit or miss with them over the years, definitely. Here's hoping that Spencer has some amazing reveal in store with Kindred - and that it won't take forever to get there!

And I do think that there's going to be some kind of OMD connection with Kindred's ID. No idea what that connection will be but I'll be surprised if it doesn't tie in somehow.

iMan 42s

If it was Peter prior to OMD I think that'd make some sense..., except he'd have to be around for Mysterio and OMD was after he died.

Harry pre-OMD would work, but then that has to account the altered timeline given Harry is alive and is treated as he's always been.

Gwen is suspect, but nothing in the flashbacks suggests its her and that's a little much given the sort of **** Peter's pulled. Gwen also returned in Clone Conspiracy and according to Gwen's perspective, she woke up in Ben's lab following her death. So how the Hell can it be her? Gwen's clone is also supposed to be the real thing according to what went on in Scarlet Spider so I have serious doubts about that given recent continuity.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    If it was Peter prior to OMD I think that'd make some sense..., except he'd have to be around for Mysterio and OMD was after he died.

Harry pre-OMD would work, but then that has to account the altered timeline given Harry is alive and is treated as he's always been.

Gwen is suspect, but nothing in the flashbacks suggests its her and that's a little much given the sort of **** Peter's pulled. Gwen also returned in Clone Conspiracy and according to Gwen's perspective, she woke up in Ben's lab following her death. So how the Hell can it be her? Gwen's clone is also supposed to be the real thing according to what went on in Scarlet Spider so I have serious doubts about that given recent continuity.
    Given that reality obviously works different in hell/whatever realm the dead stay in compared to Earth, it wouldn't be too big of a stretch that those characters like Kindred wouldn't be effected by Mephisto's OMD changes, and that whoever Kindred may turn out to be, he almost certainly has to know about the deal Peter made.

I think the interesting question would be if it is Harry, would that make the Harry of BND onward a split personality of the original Harry, with Kindred as the other (very similar to Peter/Spider-Man from Spencer's first arc), or has he been Kindred this entire time and just playing a long con game (the former would probably be easier to get away with).

And not just in Scarlet Spider, even Spencer himself in Hunted had Doctor Strange tell Curt that the Billy had the same soul as his original self, so that would more than likely mean it is the same thing for all the other characters that came back in that arc, including Gwen. That's why I don't buy her as much as Harry.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

I highly doubt this would be the case, but has anyone guessed Mysterio?

You really got to hand it to Spencer for successfully playing us all like the bass from Seinfeld for over a year.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

I was in the Kindred = Ezekiel camp but after the last two issues I’m completely thrown off. I have no idea who the **** Kindred is anymore, LOL!

BANNED

Perhaps it's a deluded Demogoblin convinced that he is Harry Osborn who is masquerading as Kindred.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I was in the Kindred = Ezekiel camp but after the last two issues I’m completely thrown off. I have no idea who the **** Kindred is anymore, LOL!
    Honestly I'm going to be very surprised if it's anyone other than Harry. While you could argue that it's too obvious, I think in the age of the internet it can be very hard to lay out a mystery over long form media without people figuring it out before time (for example I think people were calling the big twist of Westworld S1 from the second episode, and people were arguing over it until it was finally confirmed at the end of the series). I think he's the only person that fits all the criteria, so if they try and pull a Monarch it'll stick out like a sore thumb.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    Honestly I'm going to be very surprised if it's anyone other than Harry. While you could argue that it's too obvious, I think in the age of the internet it can be very hard to lay out a mystery over long form media without people figuring it out before time (for example I think people were calling the big twist of Westworld S1 from the second episode, and people were arguing over it until it was finally confirmed at the end of the series). I think he's the only person that fits all the criteria, so if they try and pull a Monarch it'll stick out like a sore thumb.
    I just never thought it was Harry. The whole premise never made sense. He was already brought back from the dead so long ago and it was explained. I don’t see any reason for Spencer to retcon that and put his own spin on it. Just doesn’t seem like a good idea. I could be wrong though.

Unless the Harry that has been walking around since Band New Day is a clone and this is a way for Spencer to fix Harry’s unnecessary resurrection. Having Kindred be the real Harry.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    Unless the Harry that has been walking around since Band New Day is a clone and this is a way for Spencer to fix Harry’s unnecessary resurrection. Having Kindred be the real Harry.
    If Harry's resurrection was unnecessary, how is Kindred being "real Harry" any different? The latter is still a resurrection.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    If Harry's resurrection was unnecessary, how is Kindred being "real Harry" any different? The latter is still a resurrection.
    Because Harry’s current resurrection is awful and Kindred is a demon so not actual a resurrection, if it is Harry.