Page 9 of 34 FirstFirst ... 567891011121319 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post
    All the more reason to bring him back and turn him into something worthwhile, clone-hater

-Pav, who believes most characters can be redeemed...
    that would be aiming too high, imo. what does 'spidercide' even mean? it's so eXtreme that i want to throw up.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Maybe Kindred is the original Venom symbiote somehow. It checks most of the boxes. =P
    It is kinda crazy how Venom symbiote-like everything Kindred has said so far is.

Never considered it but that’s actually a very good point thinking about everything. The only thing that doesn’t make sense is visually there has been nothing symbiote like... insect theme is off. Anyone else think of more reasons why or why not the symbiote could be part of the answer?
    Last edited by Vortex85; 07-03-2019 at 02:00 PM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that would be aiming too high, imo. what does 'spidercide' even mean? it's so eXtreme that i want to throw up.
    Jackal mentioned how that clone was going to kill Peter, Ben, Kaine and then a bunch others and said “you’re gonna commit mass spider-cide.
    Yeah...that’s pretty bad.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    It is kinda crazy how Venom symbiote-like everything Kindred has said so far is.

Never considered it but that’s actually a very good point thinking about everything. The only thing that doesn’t make sense is visually there has been nothing symbiote like... insect theme is off. Anyone else think of more reasons why or why not the symbiote could be part of the answer?
    Did Venom ever interact w/Mendel Stromm? It's hard to say why the symbiote would have used him then torn him apart (over someone else w/whom it was more familiar). However, if the symbiote is part of it, you just need to guess someone that fills in that hole as the other part of it, e.g. Richard Fisk, Macendale, any other dead gangster-y character

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Jackal mentioned how that clone was going to kill Peter, Ben, Kaine and then a bunch others and said “you’re gonna commit mass spider-cide.
    Yeah...that’s pretty bad.
    Genius is never recognized in its time.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    to be fair, i think that was the intended joke when they came up with the name

but i also agree that spidercide as kindred would be a weird and unwise move. not that i don’t think he should come back in some form...but with this level of hype and scrutiny for a z grade joke villain?
    troo fan or death

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    to be fair, i think that was the intended joke when they came up with the name

but i also agree that spidercide as kindred would be a weird and unwise move. not that i don’t think he should come back in some form...but with this level of hype and scrutiny for a z grade joke villain?
    Black Hand was a z grade villain in Green Lantern, but Blackest Night made something out of him.
    But I agree. There are too many clones out there. As much as I love Ben Reilly, i think Kaine as Scarlet Spider was awesome and they should have kept it that way. Only...Ben Reilly as Kindred would have been cool

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    Black Hand was a z grade villain in Green Lantern, but Blackest Night made something out of him.
    not that it can’t be done and not that there isn’t precedent, but i think the fact that it’s a built up mystery adds another layer of unlikelihood to the use of spidercide (though i don’t know if blackhand was also a mystery reveal?)

But I agree. There are too many clones out there. As much as I love Ben Reilly, i think Kaine as Scarlet Spider was awesome and they should have kept it that way. Only...Ben Reilly as Kindred would have been cool
    that would have had more heft
    troo fan or death

What if he's Barack Obama, upset that the floating timeline has erased his adventure with Spidey from continuity?
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

My last guess is that it could be Mattie Franklin. She had connections to Norman Osborn so it’s possible she has connections to Kingpin. Kindred was really ticked when Peter revealed himself to Black Cat. And MJ has been target. Back when MJ “died” during the renumbering of 1998, Mattie was ecstatic and told Peter that MJ’s death meant they pile be together. “Don’t you see? Don’t you see how it all comes together? It was meant to be. Me getting powers. M.J. dying. We’re made for each other” is what she said.

Granted; kindred mentioned bringing Mysterio back. That’s the only snag.
    Last edited by xpyred; 07-04-2019 at 11:34 AM.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    My last guess is that it could be Mattie Franklin. She had connections to Norman Osborn so it’s possible she has connections to Kingpin. Kindred was really ticked when Peter revealed himself to Black Cat. And MJ has been target. Back when MJ “died” during the renumbering of 1998, Mattie was ecstatic and told Peter that MJ’s death meant they pile be together. “Don’t you see? Don’t you see how it all comes together? It was meant to be. Me getting powers. M.J. dying. We’re made for each other” is what she said.

Granted; kindred mentioned bringing Mysterio back. That’s the only snag.
    And Mattie died in Grim Hunt, well after Mysterio offed himself in Guardian Devil and sometime after he came back from hell in Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

WHAT IF HE'S THIS COP?!

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Huntsman Spider View Post
    And Mattie died in Grim Hunt, well after Mysterio offed himself in Guardian Devil and sometime after he came back from hell in Peter David's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man.
    I mean, I hope not. Mattie deserves better than being Bendis'd, killed, and then turned into a villain.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tendrin View Post
    I mean, I hope not. Mattie deserves better than being Bendis'd, killed, and then turned into a villain.
    Same. By "Bendis'd," would you be referring to the arc in Alias that featured her and had the two Jessicas (Jones and Drew) teaming up to rescue her from a skeevy drug dealer that was keeping her drugged unconscious and unaware so that he could use her DNA to make Mutant Growth Hormone? Because yeah, that was rather messed up.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

All-New Member

no preview today? was hoping it’d give us some clues

Amazing Member

After Amazing 25, I don’t see who else it can possibly be besides the fragment of Peter’s soul that remembers OMD. He doesn’t like to kill innocents, so that removes the Burglar. He was sticking to the wall and recognized Mysterio’s obscure disguise. He also said we are all slaves to continuity. If that’s not who it is, then Spencer is just trolling long time fans. I don’t think it’s Ezekiel either, as his death post dated Mysterio’s, whereas the fragment of Peter’s soul would have been there from the moment Mysterio manipulated the timeline, i.e. the wedding annual.