Page 28 of 34 FirstFirst ... 18242526272829303132 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by PCN24454 View Post
    Harry-as-Kindred sounds like the most fanfiction-y, cringeworthy idea. If you really like Spencer, give him more credit than to have him do something that so blatantly contradicts 12 years worth of stories.
    Who would you suggest as Kindred then? You don't even like the book.

All-New Member

After the last issue, it seems that Spencer is trying hard to make all believe Kindred being Harry, and this is what makes me too suspicious about it.. But the dialogue between Kindred and Norman brings something that makes me think a lot : Kindred says that he has been "consumed " by his desire of revenge.. The choise of thai term could be not casual.. I think also to the dialogue with Mysterio, where he says he has been in "rotten flesh itself".. This kind of "consumption" world still apply to Arthur Stacy, as I said above, if this latter was infected by Z'Nox virus.. But mostly it makes me think about the Green Goblin V, the decoy Norman hired to show he was not Green Goblin, who later sought for revenge to the Osborns by attacking Liz Allen, and finally melted in front of Spidey. He was made that way by Norman, wanted revenge and died "consumed" and as "rotten flash".. Could he be Kindred? And what would be his link with Peter?..

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    From what I read, Harry's resurrection was essentially he was alive the whole time between Best of Enemies to OMD but had been out of their lives. Then OMD/OMIT happened, and he returned to USA and reinserted himself in their lives. The resurrection was explained in such a way that it could have happened even if the two were married. Continuity wasn't altered, like Harry didn't show up in stories where he had been absent in OTL and so on.

"probably would have" doesn't work because everything's been done to explain that Harry would have lived and returned regardless of the deal. The confusion stems from the fact that Quesada implied that Harry's resurrection was a result of the deal on those interviews he gave after but the actual continuity established after that (which wanted to proceed as much as possible without reference to Mephisto) didn't use that argument.

And in any case, if Kindred-maybe-Harry is the case, then Harry was never resurrected to begin with. So "probably would have" is moot. BND-Harry would be an impostor.

Unless we have actual drafts we don't know that. Spencer seemed to imply that Quesada reached out to him early in the process of writing. My guess is that Spencer hinted to editors that he wanted Peter/MJ back, and they didn't know if that was okay and that went up to Quesada who having been told, decided to bring it up and set Spencer at ease.

That might actually be interesting...though the problem with that is that it implies that BND-Peter isn't Peter of AF#15.
    The current explanation for Harry's return works fine, and any revelation that it was due to One More Day in-universe would be a retcon. I was just considering how that development could work.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The current explanation for Harry's return works fine, and any revelation that it was due to One More Day in-universe would be a retcon. I was just considering how that development could work.
    Technically it's the same thing like how in-universe, everyone forgot his identity because of the whole Doctor Strange thing, even though we know it's cause of the deal. So while Harry being swapped out by Norman/Mysterio and put into hiding is the in-universe reasoning, it's fairly clear it's still a product of the deal that was made.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Technically it's the same thing like how in-universe, everyone forgot his identity because of the whole Doctor Strange thing, even though we know it's cause of the deal.
    For Doctor Strange we got a separate story (OMIT) showing that to be the case. We never got one in-page mention of Harry's resurrection being a result of the deal. So it's not the same thing at all.

So while Harry being swapped out by Norman/Mysterio and put into hiding is the in-universe reasoning, it's fairly clear it's still a product of the deal that was made.
    On a Doylist level yes, but for Kindred-maybe-Harry to work, there needs to be a strong Watsonian foundation.

And right now there's nothing to tie Harry's return to Mephisto's machinations. That's something that Spencer will need to provide clearly to land that reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Technically it's the same thing like how in-universe, everyone forgot his identity because of the whole Doctor Strange thing, even though we know it's cause of the deal. So while Harry being swapped out by Norman/Mysterio and put into hiding is the in-universe reasoning, it's fairly clear it's still a product of the deal that was made.
    From a meta-perspective, it's a product of the deal.

In-universe, Harry's return is unconnected, although this can always be retconned.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Mighty Member

I think kindred is Harry

I was reading JMS' Spider-Man hardcovers when I found one of his original villains: Morwen.

While I read ASM #503-504, I had the feelings of déjà vu when she caused nightmares on Peter...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/K3wsPtaOw2...xZLzvnTrEFQ=s0

When she follows Peter's life closely when Spidey revives his life in ASM #500...

RCO013_1471359420~2.jpg

When she did favors for criminals by providing technology through her magic...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/N5Tud-2QOw...MSs4lXjLtF-=s0

When she wished Spider became her soulmate (like they were kindred spirits)...

RCO003_1471372146~2.jpg

And when she revealed she serves a master who is keeping a eye on Peter:

RCO007_1471372146~2.jpg

But the worst thing about her is Morwen requires a host, and this host could go insane. I don't know if Loki banned her to Hell...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1WKEmxaGl...vwVABi_8Bdo=s0

... but I think I know who she may have chosen as a new host based on Spencer's ASM #30-31...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-siyUsTu3c7...Gwen+Stacy.jpg

What did you think about this theory?
    Last edited by Hugo Strange; 11-12-2019 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    I was reading JMS' Spider-Man hardcovers when I found one of his original villains: Morwen.

While I read ASM #503-504, I had the feelings of déjà vu when she caused nightmares on Peter...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/K3wsPtaOw2...xZLzvnTrEFQ=s0

When she follows Peter's life closely when Spidey revives his life in ASM #500...

RCO013_1471359420~2.jpg

When she did favors for criminals by providing technology through her magic...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/N5Tud-2QOw...MSs4lXjLtF-=s0

When she wished Spider became her soulmate like they were kindred spirits...

RCO003_1471372146~2.jpg

And when she revealed she serves a master who is keeping a eye on Peter:

RCO007_1471372146~2.jpg

But the worst thing about her is Morwen requires a host, and this host could go insane. I don't know if Loki banned her to Hell...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-1WKEmxaGl...vwVABi_8Bdo=s0

... but I think I know who she may have chosen as a new host based on Spencer's ASM #30-31...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-siyUsTu3c7...Gwen+Stacy.jpg

What did you think about this theory?
    I don’t think the character carries enough weight to have an impact with the reveal. I read the entire JMS run and didn’t remember her lol. Kindred has to be someone that hardcore and casuals can run with. All the more reason why currently I’m leaning with either the Burgler or Harry.

And I believe Kindred is Gwen, but why and how...

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    And I believe Kindred is Gwen, but why and how...
    I’m not completely against the Gwen idea either. At this point it’s probably 3rd on my list of possible suspects.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

At this point, doesn't Kindred have to be Harry, Gwen, Flash or Uncle Ben?

Kindred has intimate details of Peter's life and has been hitting on the early-college years being important. I was hoping it was going to be a Spider-clone (kind of a least-worst option thing), but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Actually, it would be awesome if it were the original Normal Osborn and the one from the clone saga was actually a clone.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by exile001 View Post
    At this point, doesn't Kindred have to be Harry, Gwen, Flash or Uncle Ben?

Kindred has intimate details of Peter's life and has been hitting on the early-college years being important. I was hoping it was going to be a Spider-clone (kind of a least-worst option thing), but it's looking increasingly unlikely.

Actually, it would be awesome if it were the original Normal Osborn and the one from the clone saga was actually a clone.
    Would Flash really make sense? Whoever this is has to really hate Norman and I'm not sure Flash is that person.

Gwen would be fun.

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

It's either Phil Urich or Ned Leeds.
    "Cable was right!"

Now, with Gwen starring a series about her past...