Page 25 of 34 FirstFirst ... 15212223242526272829 ... LastLast
    BANNED

It's Gwendy, the snapped, the ribbon-wearing one, the wingnut...

Gwen Stacy the original.

I will point out, remember in #2-5 when we all said the reveal being Kraven was too obvious, and turned out that's exactly who it was. So I will say it being "too obvious" isn't exactly a deal breaker in these instances.

I'm not willing to completely call it, because you never know anything can happen, but I will agree Harry has jumped all the way up to the #1 most likely candidate.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    It's Gwendy, the snapped, the ribbon-wearing one, the wingnut...

Gwen Stacy the original.
    Except Mysterio a) knows Kindred's real name, and b) refers to Kindred as 'he'.

Also why would Norman ever be proud of Gwen? Whereas he would be proud of Harry, as his son, becoming Kindred and finally becoming the kind of heir he wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I think you're seriously overthinking this. Emily has pretty much nil connection to Peter or the wider mythos. Plus we know Kindred is male from ASM 24. They're not going to make Kindred a near-stranger for the sake of making it a twist.
    But at this point, Harry would be too obvious. The interactions you see between him and Norman are the types you would see after Kindred's identity is revealed to sell the audience on the reveal making sense, rather than a clue about his identity.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    But at this point, Harry would be too obvious. The interactions you see between him and Norman are the types you would see after Kindred's identity is revealed to sell the audience on the reveal making sense, rather than a clue about his identity.
    Then Spencer is breaking the usual pattern: clues, reveal, explanation. It seems now it's clues, explanation, and reveal.

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Then Spencer is breaking the usual pattern: clues, reveal, explanation. It seems now it's clues, explanation, and reveal.
    I think it's still in the usual pattern of Clues, Red Herring, Reveal, Explanation.

We're more likely in the red herring stage with Harry.

There is a value in doing it differently, in making it blindly obvious who the big bad is, and then revealing it to be that individual, as a reminder that sometimes things are as they appear to. That is intentionally disappointing to readers, although it's certainly that the Hydra Cap writer would go write something that has an important message (In the Hydra Cap case it was that no one deserves absolute trust, if Kindred were Harry it would be that sometimes the warning signs are accurate) but that will piss off some readers.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

I think it's still in the usual pattern of Clues, Red Herring, Reveal, Explanation.

We're in the red herring stage.
    Not really? I mean, these seem like obvious clues, not a red herring.

That randomly yanking away the rug to make the reveal a 'surprise' rarely works in fiction (see what happened with Monarch at DC). I think that Spencer's been very good at giving us 'fair play' mysteries to let the readers figure it out. Making it Emily just plain makes no sense, especially since she was only just retconned into being alive this whole time at the end of Slott's run. I doubt Spencer was factoriing her into his grand plans.

The real mystery isn't necessarily that Kindred is Harry - but how he became Kindred and what his plan really is. Kind of like what Moira's whole deal is in Powers/House of X.

I'll quote my own points from another thread so I don't have to write them again:

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    Either way, those hints about Kindred... Him saying that Norman "made him who he is", the heavy focus that Harry and Norman are getting on the flashbacks, Kindred saying they'll all be "one happy family", Norman saying that Kindred is his legacy and that he's pround of him... Those hints are pointing at Harry, it's too obvious, this has to be a red herring.

Also, it's worth pointing out that in both ASM#24 and in this issue, Kindred talks about "facing the truth together", he said it to Peter in #24, also mentioned that it's something Peter did, and in #31 he said that "we all will face the truth together" after Norman is back to normal, it's not much of a hint, but "truth" seems to be a theme, something that motivates Kindred.

spoilers:
    So clearly Kindred is a reporter, and with the connections with Peter and Norman, he's clearly Ultimate MJ
    end of spoilers
    Also:

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    I will point out, remember in #2-5 when we all said the reveal being Kraven was too obvious, and turned out that's exactly who it was. So I will say it being "too obvious" isn't exactly a deal breaker in these instances.

I'm not willing to completely call it, because you never know anything can happen, but I will agree Harry has jumped all the way up to the #1 most likely candidate.
    Good point, guess just because it's too obvious doesn't mean it isn't the case... Would be funny if it turns out to be Harry and nobody believes it just because it's that obvious lol.

That randomly yanking away the rug to make the reveal a 'surprise' rarely works in fiction (see what happened with Monarch at DC). I think that Spencer's been very good at giving us 'fair play' mysteries to let the readers figure it out. Making it Emily just plain makes no sense, especially since she was only just retconned into being alive this whole time at the end of Slott's run. I doubt Spencer was factoriing her into his grand plans.

The real mystery isn't necessarily that Kindred is Harry - but how he became Kindred and what his plan really is. Kind of like what Moira's whole deal is in Powers/House of X.
    Well, it doesn't have to be someone like Emily, just another likely candidate, it's something Spectacular cartoon did, with so many hints that Harry was Green Goblin, then turns out it was Norman all along.

Not to say that Spectacular didn't have issues with that by the way, some of the hints given make no sense, they were only there to fool the viewer and nobody else, and make little sense in-universe, but it worked decently enough.

The Moira thing wasn't really presented as a long mystery. Most of her story was revealed in the third issue. There were a few withheld details that were answered later.

It's different from a mystery that's been going on for more than an year ending with the reveal that it is the likeliest suspect. Granted, Harry hasn't been as likely a suspect for the entirety of the mystery.

While readers might be disappointed if the most obvious suspect turns out to be the mystery villain, the reveal isn't as important as the rest of the story.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

The Moira thing wasn't really presented as a long mystery. Most of her story was revealed in the third issue. There were a few withheld details that were answered later.

It's different from a mystery that's been going on for more than an year ending with the reveal that it is the likeliest suspect. Granted, Harry hasn't been as likely a suspect for the entirety of the mystery.

While readers might be disappointed if the most obvious suspect turns out to be the mystery villain, the reveal isn't as important as the rest of the story.
    This is the position I’m in right now. I’m not sure I like how blatantly obvious Spencer is making this. I said over and over that there could be some massive twist and it won’t be Harry. Granted I know at this point everything is pretty much pointing in that direction. Maybe I was in the minority but I was hoping for Kindred to have some sort of an OMD connection.

Amazing Member

It’s obviously Mattie Franklin

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    ...Maybe I was in the minority but I was hoping for Kindred to have some sort of an OMD connection.
    I am/was hoping for the exact same thing.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Mighty Member

Maybe it's a combination of pre-OMD Peter' spirit combined with Harry and Gwen. Kind of like Onslaught, but with less sexual tension
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    I am/was hoping for the exact same thing.
    Lol ok so we are probably in the minority then. I’m almost certain that this isn’t going to have that connection at all. Still hoping for a major curveball from Spencer though