Page 33 of 34 FirstFirst ... 23293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Captain Stacy died saving a kid from falling drubis, it's not like when the scenario of Peter breaking accidentally Gwen's neck. Give him a rest, would you?

Whatever, I hope we will have some answers about Kindred soon, I'm tired of mysteries.
    I mean, it's a character trait for Spidey to blame himself for **** that's not his fault in any way, it's what made him become Spider-Man to begin with, 'cause it's pretty insane for someone to blame themselves for not stopping a criminal when he had no reason to do so at the time, so him blaming himself for George's death would be pretty in-character, specially since it was way more direct than Uncle Ben's death.

Mighty Member

Description for the Sins Rising TPB

spoilers:

For months, perhaps years, he has crawled in the shadows, manipulating events from afar. Mysterio and Norman Osborn have both known his chilling presence. Now the demon known as Kindred is finally ready to take his revenge - not on Spider-Man, but on Peter Parker! And he's resurrected one of Spidey's most disturbing foes, the fanatical Sin-Eater, to help him carry out his grand plans! Learn the secret history of the Sin-Eater, as he embarks on a collison course with Spidey that will have you quaking in your seat. Spider-Man's world is about to explode, and this is where the fuse is lit...

COLLECTING: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (2018) 44-47, AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: SINS RISING (2020) 1
    end of spoilers

I don't think that massively changes any of the guesses, but maybe it'll spur something from someone else. If nothing else, I think that should put the final nail in the coffin for a number of theories that we've more or less moved on from. It certainly seems like we're heading to some sort of big moment by issue 50 (July, or maybe August if it's oversized and they build in time for it).
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

It's also worth remembering, ASM #49 is #850, so either that or the following issue will be the big moment (possibly both will have something huge in it). They'll both also be coming out in July.

spoilers:
    The only thing I think the description could continue to emphasis is them referring to Kindred with the "he" pronoun, but again, that could still easily be a misdirect.
    end of spoilers

Mighty Member

spoilers:

The emphasis on Peter, not Spider-man, being the target for Kindred's scheme really seems to remove everyone except a Stacy, Harry, Flash, Ned or a Parker of some kind. I really can't think of anyone else.
    end of spoilers
    I'd forgotten about 801 being the end of Slott's run - will they go to the legacy numbering for one issue then back, so we get consecutive big number issues 850, 50. I'd support it - two oversized issues with short stories at the back could pack a lot of story and backstory into them

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    spoilers:

The emphasis on Peter, not Spider-man, being the target for Kindred's scheme really seems to remove everyone except a Stacy, Harry, Flash, Ned or a Parker of some kind. I really can't think of anyone else.
    end of spoilers
    I'd forgotten about 801 being the end of Slott's run - will they go to the legacy numbering for one issue then back, so we get consecutive big number issues 850, 50. I'd support it - two oversized issues with short stories at the back could pack a lot of story and backstory into them
    Actually, #49 would be #850

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    Actually, #49 would be #850
    Right. I was inartfully trying to say we'd get 850 (big issue!) followed by 50 (big issue!)

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    spoilers:

end of spoilers
    Yeah, though to be fair, we pretty much knew Kindred's target was Peter not Spider-Man since Day 1, so it's not a complete revelation. Whoever it turns out to be, my guess is still he is a double of some kind, specifically a living embodiment of a piece of soul of someone.

Based on the talk at C2E2 when they seemed to emphasize #850, it does sound like they may be going back to full legacy numbering, so I won't be surprised if "Vol. 5 #50" will end up being just straight up #851.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    I mean, it's a character trait for Spidey to blame himself for **** that's not his fault in any way, it's what made him become Spider-Man to begin with, 'cause it's pretty insane for someone to blame themselves for not stopping a criminal when he had no reason to do so at the time, so him blaming himself for George's death would be pretty in-character, specially since it was way more direct than Uncle Ben's death.
    Peter had every reason to stop the burglar at the time. The guard directly called out to Peter "Hey, stop that guy!". But even though doing so would've required only the most minimal effort on Peter's part to accomplish, he very deliberately choose to not bother. That's 100% on Peter and he deservedly feels the blame for it.

Capt. Stacy's death, on the other hand, was not Peter's fault. Falling rubble caused by his battle with Doc Ock is not due to Peter. It definitely doesn't rate as a sin, forgotten or otherwise.

We'll see where all this is going soon enough but if this isn't about OMD, I'll be shocked. It's the only thing in Peter's past that can legitimately be described as a forgotten sin.

If it turns out to be something else, kudos to Spencer for a huge misdirect.

But first, GOG!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by snoop dogg View Post
    but first, gog!
    Yes, can't wait!!!
    Last edited by Prof. Warren; 03-05-2020 at 02:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Peter had every reason to stop the burglar at the time. The guard directly called out to Peter "Hey, stop that guy!". But even though doing so would've required only the most minimal effort on Peter's part to accomplish, he very deliberately choose to not bother. That's 100% on Peter and he deservedly feels the blame for it.

Capt. Stacy's death, on the other hand, was not Peter's fault. Falling rubble caused by his battle with Doc Ock is not due to Peter. It definitely doesn't rate as a sin, forgotten or otherwise.

We'll see where all this is going soon enough but if this isn't about OMD, I'll be shocked. It's the only thing in Peter's past that can legitimately be described as a forgotten sin.

If it turns out to be something else, kudos to Spencer for a huge misdirect.
    I’m really hoping for a OMD connection with it. Honestly I can’t see it being anything else at this point. Everything seems to be really heading in that direction.

Something I've also liked is, unlike alot of other series with some kind of a mystery big bad, they aren't going in a (at least at the moment) "EVERYTHING was all a perfect manipulation by this one guy" direction. Kindred isn't responsible for the Peter/Spider-Man gene splice, Kingpin's pursuit of Boomerang, the Thieves Guild, the Big Man Jr., Kraven, the Syndicate, all the Chameleon/Foreigner spy stuff, or the Clairvoyant. Either he has his own plans (Mysterio, Sin-Eater, etc.) or takes advantage of the situation to mess around (Mendel Stromm, threatening Kingpin, Norman in Absolute Carnage, etc.). It's a much more interesting take, his omnipresence becomes more enjoyable than boring and annoying.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Something I've also liked is, unlike alot of other series with some kind of a mystery big bad, they aren't going in a (at least at the moment) "EVERYTHING was all a perfect manipulation by this one guy" direction. Kindred isn't responsible for the Peter/Spider-Man gene splice, Kingpin's pursuit of Boomerang, the Thieves Guild, the Big Man Jr., Kraven, the Syndicate, all the Chameleon/Foreigner spy stuff, or the Clairvoyant. Either he has his own plans (Mysterio, Sin-Eater, etc.) or takes advantage of the situation to mess around (Mendel Stromm, threatening Kingpin, Norman in Absolute Carnage, etc.). It's a much more interesting take, his omnipresence becomes more enjoyable than boring and annoying.
    This also justifies Kindred being known to the audience before known to Peter. If we saw it from his POV we might’ve assumed Kindred was everywhere and behind everything since the paranoia over Kindred would have taken over it all.

Now we know what is Kindred driven and what isn’t, so that also allows Spencer some flexibility in case he wants to do something else.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    That's an interesting point, although Kindred could easily get involved in all these ongoing subplots. Though I do like how (s)he takes advantage of everything.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Fantastic Member primenumber101's Avatar

I have this stupid theory that Kindred is the missing child of Peter and MJ from 90s era in which Mephisto claimed to be his henchman after the OMD event.