Page 15 of 34 FirstFirst ... 511121314151617181925 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Lukmendes View Post
    To be fair, Spidey **** hardly gets leaked, not even something like what Superior Spider-Man was supposed to be was leaked.
    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    the marvel yakuza kept hydra cap secret until like the day before, they're too strong, all leakers are captured and locked up in guantanamickey bay where they are cursed to go on rides and sleep in nice hotels for the rest of their lives
    Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Actually Dying Wish leaked and got pirated online well before launch. So people did know who Superior was before.
    My guess is that depending on who it is, Marvel may make adjustments to their ship dates for that specific issue.

I’m anxious to get back to this Kindred stuff. Seems like he’s been in then background for a bit. Can’t wait to get this started up again.

The popular theories I’ve heard are

-Uncle Ben
    -Twisted version of an OMD Peter Parker
    -Burglar who killed Uncle Ben.
    -Ezekiel

Honestly I’ve been all over the place with this character. At the start I was leaning towards it being some twisted version of Peter Parker resentful of the incidents of OMD. The recent incidents with Peter and MJ are the “ring” kind of lead me back a bit to going with this theory.

Then after listening to the dialogue from the character closer I was leaning towards it being some version of Uncle Ben. Because the dialogue fits in a sense.

Now I’m resting on it being the Burglar and I’m sticking with that one for now. Someone a while back broke it down very well as to why It was the Burglar on this site. I’ll see if I can find the post but it made a lot of sense

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    I’m anxious to get back to this Kindred stuff. Seems like he’s been in then background for a bit. Can’t wait to get this started up again.

-Uncle Ben
    -Ezekiel

Honestly I’ve been all over the place with this character. At the start I was leaning towards it being some twisted version of Peter Parker resentful of the incidents of OMD. The recent incidents with Peter and MJ are the “ring” kind of lead me back a bit to going with this theory.

Then after listening to the dialogue from the character closer I was leaning towards it being some version of Uncle Ben. Because the dialogue fits in a sense.

Now I’m resting on it being the Burglar and I’m sticking with that one for now. Someone a while back broke it down very well as to why It was the Burglar on this site. I’ll see if I can find the post but it made a lot of sense
    I think I can help out your theory:

The Burglar and Mysterio have history. He's previously been someone who worked with Mysterio/had him under his thumb.
    He was long since dead before OMD and would have, likely, been in Hell for the murder of Peter's Uncle Ben.
    His dialogue of it being him and Peter from the beginning would also make sense.
    That doesn't explain the other elements of his character, like the connection with Osborn, the "living in another man's shadow", the connection to MJ, the anger towards Felicia, the attack on the other spider-characters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post

-Uncle Ben
    -Ezekiel

No way it’s Uncle Ben. This isn’t AU, and it being Ben.... an innocent martyr whose death was Peter’s original sin and primary motivation for being Spidey... would break the mythos imo. I don’t think Spencer would go there, and I’d be disappointed if he did. I even thought Jackal/Reilly digging him up during CC was in poor taste, and this would be a hundred times worse.

Burglar would be fine. But the burglar in his two appearances (AF#15 and ASM#200) never struck me as particularly intelligent, strategic or well-spoken and Kindred certainly is.

I think OMD Peter (or the personification of the OMD deal) or someone like Ezekiel is still the best bet.

Quote Originally Posted by HypnoHustler View Post
    No way it’s Uncle Ben. This isn’t AU, and it being Ben.... an innocent martyr whose death was Peter’s original sin and primary motivation for being Spidey... would break the mythos imo......
    Agreed, such a reveal would be tasteless and utterly destructive to the idea of Spider-Man
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

No way it’s Uncle Ben. This isn’t AU, and it being Ben.... an innocent martyr whose death was Peter’s original sin and primary motivation for being Spidey... would break the mythos imo. I don’t think Spencer would go there, and I’d be disappointed if he did. I even thought Jackal/Reilly digging him up during CC was in poor taste, and this would be a hundred times worse.

Burglar would be fine. But the burglar in his two appearances (AF#15 and ASM#200) never struck me as particularly intelligent, strategic or well-spoken and Kindred certainly is.

I think OMD Peter (or the personification of the OMD deal) or someone like Ezekiel is still the best bet.
    yeah like what DC did with Jor-El just now in Superman kinda just ruin him completely
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    yeah like what DC did with Jor-El just now in Superman kinda just ruin him completely
    Well it doesn't matter there. The Superman in DC isn't the Superman of Siegel/Shuster. So ultimately there will be a line-wide reboot with a new version of Superman with a more classical origin in place.

In the case of Marvel, editorial is fanatic about the idea that the characters we see is the same from first appearance. So making long-term changes to characters and so on is pretty poorly received.

Making Superman's Dad evil is just a lame story-beat in general. They also made Batman's Dad evil in, I think, that White Knight thing. But DC has been overall pretty lame since Geoff Johns arrived there. His time there and ridiculous influence and pull there made me drop DC for good. Having trash like Hal Jordan be paraded as a big thing was sickening, as was throwing Wally under the bus for lame-dad Barry Allen.

As for Ben being Kindred...well The Simpsons already did it.

Well it doesn't matter there. The Superman in DC isn't the Superman of Siegel/Shuster. So ultimately there will be a line-wide reboot with a new version of Superman with a more classical origin in place.

In the case of Marvel, editorial is fanatic about the idea that the characters we see is the same from first appearance. So making long-term changes to characters and so on is pretty poorly received.

Making Superman's Dad evil is just a lame story-beat in general. They also made Batman's Dad evil in, I think, that White Knight thing. But DC has been overall pretty lame since Geoff Johns arrived there. His time there and ridiculous influence and pull there made me drop DC for good. Having trash like Hal Jordan be paraded as a big thing was sickening, as was throwing Wally under the bus for lame-dad Barry Allen.

As for Ben being Kindred...well The Simpsons already did it.

That Simpsons clip was hilarious.
    As for the other stuff, let's keep on topic. Kindred most likely won't be like Jor-El (at least I hope).

Making Superman's Dad evil is just a lame story-beat in general. They also made Batman's Dad evil in, I think, that White Knight thing.
    If that's where they made Bruce's dad evil, then it's of little relevance, it's just some what if.

But yeah, evil Jor-El can go to hell, awful, awful idea, and ultimately nothing relevant was done.

If Kindred really turns out to be uncle Ben, then maybe that's where Spencer got the inspiration from .

BANNED

Actually Tom King's run on Batman also has a 'evil dad' storyline with Flashpoint Batman throwing his lot in with Bane and in charge of Gotham while Bane does.... whatever in the shadows. I won't exactly be surprised if Ben does turn up as Kindred and announcing he is actually Peter's father as he had a affair with Mary to seal the deal. Never underestimate the desire of writers/editors inserting cheap shocks for the outrage and talk it will generate however I think if it does turn out that Ben is Kindred, then they wiill run along with the idea that it is earth 616 Ben but ultimately reveal it is the Ben Parker from the Identity Wars storyline or some such ****. It would be a exact rehash of Spencer's Hydra Cap crap.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    I won't exactly be surprised if Ben does turn up as Kindred and announcing he is actually Peter's father as he had a affair with Mary to seal the deal. Never underestimate the desire of writers/editors inserting cheap shocks for the outrage and talk it will generate however I think if it does turn out that Ben is Kindred, then they wiill run along with the idea that it is earth 616 Ben but ultimately reveal it is the Ben Parker from the Identity Wars storyline or some such ****. It would be a exact rehash of Spencer's Hydra Cap crap.
    Thankfully, Spencer writes decent Spidey stories and not bad fan-fiction.

BANNED

Thankfully, Spencer writes decent Spidey stories and not bad fan-fiction.
    Lol let's hope so. His Hydra Cap stuff shows he is game for writing any storyline though it does seem unlikely even he will go to such extents as King has over at DC.
    Last edited by Desmark; 09-24-2019 at 01:59 AM.

Well those preview panels from ASM30 have added a whole new wrinkle to this. Based on that those panels I could still see it being a resentful OMD version of Peter Parker. Not sure how I would feel if it was Harry. Hoping it isn’t.

Amazing Member

Still (but unlikely to be so) hoping it would be Spidercide. Like the Good (Ben), the Bad (Kaine) and the Evil (Spidercide). Could be a twisted version of Peter. Also Harry is possible (maybe a twisted version of him? He was brought back alive after OMD and was dead when Beck was brought back to life).

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    Still (but unlikely to be so) hoping it would be Spidercide. Like the Good (Ben), the Bad (Kaine) and the Evil (Spidercide). Could be a twisted version of Peter. Also Harry is possible (maybe a twisted version of him? He was brought back alive after OMD and was dead when Beck was brought back to life).
    I personally find it very coincidental that Peter and MJ are getting closer and back together. There’s even a ring in the mix and for all intents and purposes it seems like Spencer is slowing planting the seeds for a marriage as far fetched as that may at point have seemed..Suddenly Kindred is roaming around. The dialogue would match a resentful OMD version of Peter let loose by Mephisto in response to this Peter/MJ situation. In some weird way I actually think I would like that twist the most.

The Harry Osborn spin isn’t really doing anything for me. It’s been so long since I’ve read anything regarding Harry in the comics. Personally since I skipped most of Slotts run, Harry for me died in the classic SM 200 so I really don’t want him roaming around as Kindred.
    Last edited by RD155; 09-24-2019 at 05:02 AM.