Page 17 of 34 FirstFirst ... 713141516171819202127 ... LastLast

Parker Luck come to life

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    I'd rule Harry out. Spencer spent a lot of time and effort trying to restore DeMatteis' character beats from KLH and SOUL OF THE HUNTER in a post GRIM HUNT landscape, so no way does he undermine Harry sacrificing himself and making peace with Peter.

I'm going to say it's Ned, because

A) Spencer's a huge fan of KLH, and Ned's death kicked off Peter's nightmarish struggle with his own mortality
    B) Ned wasn't exactly on great terms with Peter at the time of his death
    C) Ned's a crime reporter, meaning he'd have dirt on Kingpin and the kind of extortion skillset that might help him work his way up the food chain in hell
    D) Ned could have discovered Peter's true identity before he died, thus causing him to blame Peter for not saving him
    E) Peter was Betty's first love, flirted with the possibility of a romantic relationship with her during her marriage to Ned, and ultimately found happiness with MJ right after Ned died. So yeah, plenty of reason to be obsessed with the couple that got what he never did. Which also makes one wonder...

What if Ned/Kindred was actually behind OMD? I mean, was it really worth Mephisto's time, or did Kindred call in a favor with the big guy...
    As weird as it sounds I’m really hoping that Kindred would have some type of OMD connection. Yes I know most people want that story to be forgotten forever myself included, but if Marvel addresses it , I personally feel that brings us one step closer to a Peter/MJ re-marriage. Yes I’m a hardcore shipper.

Everything you said about Ned would fit but...again I don’t think it resonates with newer readers. One thing that Spencer has done a fantastic job with is making this series reasonably accessible to new fans. I think he wants his big reveal to resonate with everyone. To me, Ned doesn’t fit that bar.

BANNED

To me I always saw Kindred's name as a mix of Kin and Dread. I know that's not the dictionary meaning but when a super-villain wrapped in bandages and centipedes calls himself that, best believe wordplay is involved. Kin Dread can be interpreted as "fear of Kin" or the fear of forming a family. Gwen Stacy's death and the fear and angst about her passing could work that in, and it also invites the idea that Kindred has an interest in Peter/MJ who lost their marriage to Kin Dread, namely Peter's inability to cope with the death of May.

I mean I am just doing some Batman '66 style Bat-deduction, here. Bear with me.

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    Yeah, I still don't think so. Kindred's connections to MJ and Peter feel more personal than any connections Ned shared with either. Kindred could be Harry or Gwen or (please no) Uncle Ben but Ned or Ezekiel, I don't see it. But we'll see.
    Eh, Ned and Betty hung out with Pete and MJ sometimes.

And I think Pete and Ned had a pretty personal, often antagonistic relationship, especially toward the end. Gotta burn when you find out your ex's first love (who she considered getting together with when your marriage was on the rocks) was Spider-Man and didn't even save you.

Yeah, I still don't think so. Kindred's connections to MJ and Peter feel more personal than any connections Ned shared with either. Kindred could be Harry or Gwen or (please no) Uncle Ben but Ned or Ezekiel, I don't see it. But we'll see.
    Man call me a twisted human being but I’m not completely against it being Uncle Ben. I’m pretty positive that would send the internet on fire so maybe Spencer should stay away from that. I see you didn’t mention the Burglar In there. Not a fan of that theory?

Eh, Ned and Betty hung out with Pete and MJ sometimes.

And I think Pete and Ned had a pretty personal, often antagonistic relationship, especially toward the end. Gotta burn when you find out your ex's first love (who she considered getting together with when your marriage was on the rocks) was Spider-Man and didn't even save you.
    Like I said. I don't think Ned was ever emotionally close enough to either MJ or Peter to fit all of the clues. I guess we'll find out in time if you're right or not. I'm sticking with OG Gwen as my primary suspect, for now.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Astonishing Member

[QUOTE=David Walton;4587412]I'd rule Harry out. Spencer spent a lot of time and effort trying to restore DeMatteis' character beats from KLH and SOUL OF THE HUNTER in a post GRIM HUNT landscape, so no way does he undermine Harry sacrificing himself and making peace with Peter.

A) Spencer's a huge fan of KLH, and Ned's death kicked off Peter's nightmarish struggle with his own mortality
    C) Ned's a crime reporter, meaning he'd have dirt on Kingpin and the kind of extortion skillset that might help him work his way up the food chain in hell
    D) Ned could have discovered Peter's true identity before he died, thus causing him to blame Peter for not saving him
    E) Peter was Betty's first love, flirted with the possibility of a romantic relationship with her during her marriage to Ned, and ultimately found happiness with MJ right after Ned died. So yeah, plenty of reason to be obsessed with the couple that got what he never did. Which also makes one wonder...

What if Ned/Kindred was actually behind OMD? I mean, was it really worth Mephisto's time, or did Kindred call in a favor with the big guy...[/QUOTE
    I cannot speak for Spencer, but one thing I am sure of is he wants Kindred to be a lasting character. One big complaint about Spider-Man is the lack of quality post Silver-Age villains that have lasted. You have Venom, Carnage, Mr. Negative and ( although I personally dislike him) Jackal. One other point: Two of the biggest mysteries in Amazing's history were what does MJ look.like and the identity of Green Goblin. Although Marvel took a long time to expose them, the results speak for themselves. Now I do not expect home run characters like MJ and Norm ( because they are hard to create), but as a good writter I think Spencer will try and go in that direction. Who do I predict? A huge shocker like Jill Stacy or Richard Fisk who can spend a long time terrorizing Pete, instead of a meh type like Harry or Ned.
    Last edited by NC_Yankee; 09-24-2019 at 12:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Man call me a twisted human being but I’m not completely against it being Uncle Ben. I’m pretty positive that would send the internet on fire so maybe Spencer should stay away from that. I see you didn’t mention the Burglar In there. Not a fan of that theory?
    If Kindred is 616 Uncle Ben I'll stop buying Spidey comics cold turkey. I'm sorry if I come across as a "drama queen" type but this is one line I think never should be crossed (Uncle Ben as a villain).

If Kindred is 616 Uncle Ben I'll stop buying Spidey comics cold turkey. I'm sorry if I come across as a "drama queen" type but this is one line I think never should be crossed (Uncle Ben as a villain).
    I’ll screenshot your post and I’m praying it’s Uncle Ben now. Lol

Talking

Please do, I'm a person of my word. Batman and Superman related products (along with a few others) will get all my cash if Uncle Ben is Kindred. You also won't see me around this forum much after my initial display of outrage.

Astonishing Member

george stacy

has ties to norman and fisk. in the preview taunts norman about falling

has a very good reason to hate “pete” and to want to protect the “innocents” in peter’s life

no direct tie to mysterio but stacy would have known of him. they both appear in asm 66

died before mysterio did

the flaw in the theory is george wasn’t evil but things can be retconned. death of gwen could be his afterlife turning point

anyway tossing his name out

I'd rule Harry out. Spencer spent a lot of time and effort trying to restore DeMatteis' character beats from KLH and SOUL OF THE HUNTER in a post GRIM HUNT landscape, so no way does he undermine Harry sacrificing himself and making peace with Peter.

What if Ned/Kindred was actually behind OMD? I mean, was it really worth Mephisto's time, or did Kindred call in a favor with the big guy...
    Yeaah, but they already undermined Harry's sacrifice through OMD. This storyline might actually be a fix-it, the same way Hunted fixed Grim Hunt.

BANNED

The way writers, Spencer and Slott included, have tossed clones into the mix at every opportunity, it wouldn't be beyond them to have Norman having cloned Harry after his "death" in order to try and create the perfect son he always wanted. The clone would be Harry Lyman. Kindred could be the original Harry, still poisoned by the Goblin serum, despite his moment of clarity at his death.

I really don't think that the case and that Kindred is probably the one and only Harry Osborn/Lyman, but they do love their clones...

not going to lie I wouldn't mind it only to see the backlash and the hate that will soon follow
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    not going to lie I wouldn't mind it only to see the backlash and the hate that will soon follow
    After all of the Decade worth of hate due to Dan Slott and OMD/BND, coupled with the positive opinion of Spencer, does anyone think Spencer wants to spoil the positive opinion of his work by making Uncle Ben, Captain Stacy or Gwen Kindred? I will say "No Way Jose."