Page 19 of 34 FirstFirst ... 915161718192021222329 ... LastLast

I've already read ASM #30, and the good news is Kindred isn't Gwen Stacy... he's Harry Osborn.

Quote Originally Posted by Hugo Strange View Post
    I've already read ASM #30, and the good news is Kindred isn't Gwen Stacy... he's Harry Osborn.
    What? I was right?! I decoded a story?!
    YES!!!

Quote Originally Posted by WebSlingWonder View Post
    What? I was right?! I decoded a story?!
    YES!!!
    It's not confirmed... but it's obvious now.

BANNED

I for one think ASM #30 (#829) is pointing towards Gwen as the obvious candidate.

But I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    I for one think ASM #30 (#829) is pointing towards Gwen as the obvious candidate.

But I could be wrong.
    Legacy numbering has #30 at #831, not #829. :P
    But I haven't read the issue yet: what's the give away that Kindred is more personal to Osborn?

read it but i don't see it though someone explain
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

The only thing we know from the issue is that Kindred knew Norman and hates him, was at Harry's birthday party years ago, and that Kindred is possibly either Gwen or Harry. However, based on the wording, it's more likely to me that it's Gwen, but it could really be either Gwen or Harry.

Although I suppose now that I think about it, this could still apply as being Pre-OMD Peter, if you believe that theory.
    Last edited by Nerdman3000; 09-25-2019 at 07:16 AM.

Thought I'd post Kindred's whole monologue in ASM 30 here, because there's alot of information that could gleamed from it.:

spoilers:
    “Do you remember what you said next? You knew. Even then. It’s too good to be true.

Yes. You [Norman] were so terrifying back then. But no one was ever more afraid of you than he [Peter] was.

When I fashioned myself into…this, I thought about you so often. Because I wanted to be the thing he saw in his [Peter] nightmares – and his nightmares are so very full of you.

He still cries out her [Gwen] name in his sleep, you know. I wonder how MJ feels about that. I wonder if it helps her to know he’s not remembering anything good.

Pretty messed up if you asked me.

But hey, who am I to judge, right? The thing about you, Norman is --- you really know how to leave a scar. It’s why you go after them when they’re so young ---

Because that’s what you really are. What the Goblin is. These...children. They’re positively radiant, just bursting with possibility and potential ---

And then there’s you. The withered, wrinkled crone who shows up cackling, reminding them of what an illusion it all is --- of the inevitable that waits. You take that pristine glow of youth and you just drown it in death and pain.

That’s what makes you so much more terrifying than all the others. The end of innocence made flesh. Each time he [Peter?] sees you, all I can remember is how he thought he’d have a good life.

I supposed we really are very alike in that regard.

So yeah, apologies, Norman, but I can tell you for a fact --- you’ll NEVER get to kill him. If it’s any kind of solace though ----

You won a long time ago.”
    end of spoilers

Considering he refers to Gwen in the third person, that seems to imply it's not her (he's talking to doped up Norman/himself essentially so has no real reason to lie). But he also mentions "these children", as if he's not only not one of them, but also an adult at the time of his death, so that might not particularly mean Harry either.

Kindred also says his appearance was influenced by Norman as something that would give Peter nightmares, and then states how they're really alike, either as both being "end of innocence made flesh" or how "each time Peter sees you, all he can remembering is how he thought he'd have a good life."

Holy mother...this was not only a solidly good issue, it was haunting.
    And Kindred?
    spoilers:
    Now I'm much more sold on it being someone new. Someone who knew Peter and witnessed these events.
    end of spoilers

none of that points to Harry.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    SNIP monologue

Considering he refers to Gwen in the third person, that seems to imply it's not her (he's talking to doped up Norman/himself essentially so has no real reason to lie). But he also mentions "these children", as if he's not only not one of them, but also an adult at the time of his death, so that might not particularly mean Harry either.

Kindred also says his appearance was influenced by Norman as something that would give Peter nightmares, and then states how they're really alike, either as both being "end of innocence made flesh" or how "each time Peter sees you, all he can remembering is how he thought he'd have a good life."
    One could easily argue referring to either Harry or Gwen in the third person could be a Darth Vader "That name no longer has any meaning" kind of deal. It'd be different if Kindred had said, "Gwen and I were scared of you" or something like that, but I think all the text works in a "I'm no longer that person" kind of way. The conversational tone seems wrong for either Harry or Gwen, though - you'd think the emotion of the speech would be more raw considering his great effect on their deaths.

This is the second time Kindred has said something like "Who am I to judge?" which seems like a character tick worth considering. Referring to Peter, et al. as children leads me to think of someone older (Captain Stacy, for example), but I can't think of who would match the tone of voice and more detached remembering. Stromm, maybe, and the one died in the first arc was actually a clone of some kind?
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Still sounds like it could be Ezekiel to me. Referring to Peter and his friends as children. Ezekiel is older so that would make sense.

BANNED

It would be hilarious if it was Gabriel who has reached old age due to the progeria.

Quote Originally Posted by Desmark View Post
    It would be hilarious if it was Gabriel who has reached old age due to the progeria.
    Lol. Now that would upset some people.

I hope it's not Gwen, but now it seems like Spencer is dangling the possibility of it being Gwen in front of our faces to build tension and tease.