Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 173
  1. #16
    Incredible Member Russ840's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Location
    England
    Posts
    544

    Default

    My first guess a long time ago was the burglar.

  2. #17
    Astonishing Member Inversed's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2,573

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I suppose you could argue he might be the original Doc Ock who got killed by Kaine during the Clone Saga (I believe the Master Programmer was explicitly a backup of him that got implanted into his body).
    Now that you say that it does makes alot of sense, though I do feel like that may end up being a bit underwhelming to have the big boss just be Otto again.

    I've seen some people guess it may be pre-OMD Harry Osborn, and that sounds fairly likely to me too. I do think the "already being there when Mysterio died" is a major clue regarding the timeline of when exactly Kindred could've risen up in the ranks.

    No matter else you may wanna say, Spencer really has been crafting this genuinely engaging mystery that all of us are completely locked in to try and figure out, and none of us have a real solid theory, that shows he's doing something right.
    Current Reading List: Amazing Spider-Man, Spider-Gwen, West Coast Avengers, Ms. Marvel, Peter Parker: The Spectacular Spider-Man, Avengers, Sonic The Hedgehog

  3. #18
    Mighty Member Glio's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    1,838

    Default

    What was the name of the guy who kidnapped Mary Jean because he was obsessed with her?

  4. #19
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Glio View Post
    What was the name of the guy who kidnapped Mary Jean because he was obsessed with her?
    Jonathan Caesar.

    So...this issue...whooee... I love, love, LOVE the tone of this one. The villain creeping around the corner, the design, the menace...everything about it was masterfully done. Gave me real Stephen King's "IT" vibes.

    "That's the thing about Derry/New York...no one ever really dies."

    We know Kindred is tied to the resurrection of Mysterio, made deals with Kingpin (for Vanessa), with Mendel Stromm (for power), and hates Felicia Hardy with a passion. That doesn't fit anyone I know, and I love it. I hope the reveal isn't flat, but for now...horror in a Spider-Man comic? I love it!!

    (And before someone says it, yes, I know Spider-Man lends himself to horror at times. I know the backstory)
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  5. #20
    Incredible Member your_name_here's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    657

    Default

    Literally have no clue who Kindred is. There’s theories of George/The Robber/Ezekiel and everyone else who makes good sense

    So I’ll throw another one in there...

    Mysterio.
    A master of illusion, throwing us completely off the scent by “killing” and “enslaving” himself? A part of me thinks it seemed coincidental that after the psychiatrist began doubting, Kindred arrived.

  6. #21
    Kinky Lil' Canine Snoop Dogg's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2018
    Posts
    6,571

    Default

    The most interesting thing about him is that despite being a dude bad enough to burn in hell while killing randomly and not caring about anyone but Peter, he genuinely believes Peter is just as bad for something he did and all the death he brings to those around him, and that it should just be the two of them because they're perfect for each other.

    O-

    IZZAT--

    IZZAT WHY HE THINKS THEY'RE KINDRED?!

  7. #22
    Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    New Jersey, U.S.A.
    Posts
    6,483

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    The most interesting thing about him is that despite being a dude bad enough to burn in hell while killing randomly and not caring about anyone but Peter, he genuinely believes Peter is just as bad for something he did and all the death he brings to those around him, and that it should just be the two of them because they're perfect for each other.

    O-

    IZZAT--

    IZZAT WHY HE THINKS THEY'RE KINDRED?!
    Probably, yeah. That would be sound logic. As for who he is . . . I'm as stumped as anybody.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

  8. #23
    Amazing Member
    Join Date
    Mar 2018
    Posts
    38

    Default

    spoilers:
    It's pre-OMD Peter...
    end of spoilers

  9. #24
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by CosmicGoji View Post
    spoilers:
    It's pre-OMD Peter...
    end of spoilers
    spoilers:
    That doesn't make sense. This man brought Mysterio back from before OMD. So how does that work unless it's something else?
    end of spoilers
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  10. #25
    Incredible Member Hulkout42's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    933

    Default

    I know they state that Kindred is male but what if that is to throw us off another potential candidate? The very definition of Kindred is ancestry or relative so by that reason what if Kindred is actually Peter's unborn child before OMD hit? Think about it, that child was affected by the deal, what happened to its soul? And nothing says that just because it wasn't evil it couldn't have been affected by the deal and end up in Hell. Look at Roxanne from Ghost Rider? She was a good person and was dragged to hell by Blackheart to use against GR? Or haow many good people were dammed for making deals with Devils? I think Kindred is her in reality if Spencer does in fact plan to retake that old storyline, i know its crazy but why not?

  11. #26
    Welcome Back Spidey Kurolegacy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    5,959

    Default

    I really hope that Spencer get to the point at least with Kindred’s identity soon because rarely when those kinds of mysterious identity plots are drawn out do they end up with a satisfying answer. Just look at the mystery of who the female Thor was or what Fury said to Thor that left him unworthy.

  12. #27
    Incredible Member xpyred's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Posts
    518

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I really hope that Spencer get to the point at least with Kindred’s identity soon because rarely when those kinds of mysterious identity plots are drawn out do they end up with a satisfying answer. Just look at the mystery of who the female Thor was or what Fury said to Thor that left him unworthy.
    Totally agree. I know it’s only been a year since Spencer’s started his running and building to this reveal, by this is the 24th issue. If these books were releasing once a month instead of bimonthly, this story would have taken 2 years to unfold. I remember when people complained the clone saga and mysterious benefactors was taking too long and that was just two years. Granted, that was spread across 5 books monthly

  13. #28
    Spider-Fan Since '95 WebSlingWonder's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2018
    Posts
    910

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I really hope that Spencer get to the point at least with Kindred’s identity soon because rarely when those kinds of mysterious identity plots are drawn out do they end up with a satisfying answer. Just look at the mystery of who the female Thor was or what Fury said to Thor that left him unworthy.
    Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Totally agree. I know it’s only been a year since Spencer’s started his running and building to this reveal, by this is the 24th issue. If these books were releasing once a month instead of bimonthly, this story would have taken 2 years to unfold. I remember when people complained the clone saga and mysterious benefactors was taking too long and that was just two years. Granted, that was spread across 5 books monthly
    I would say give him time. Chances are high we find out next issue (it's double sized and Kindred is on the cover).
    The Amazing, Spectacular, Sensational Web-Slinger!

  14. #29

    Default

    Looking past all the theories about what Kindred could be and what their identity is, I wonder what Kindred represents thematically. I kind of wonder about the meta-angle in this story. Peter's anxious about Mary Jane being back in his life and he can't believe they're back together, in some senses that's Spencer ventriloquizing what all readers feel about them being back together. Is Marvel gonna break them up again, is OMD gonna be undone/redone and so on.

    Kindred kind of is there to voice the anxiety we all feel. And I guess he's a villain who represents anxiety and unease. So far that has been the case.

  15. #30
    Mighty Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2017
    Location
    Sydney
    Posts
    1,000

    Default

    I've felt for a longtime that Kindred might actually be Dennis Carradine. Because Kindred has ties to Quentin and has obviously singled him out from all the other deceased villains he could have resurrected for a reason. The pair of them were involved in a storyline that ran between 198 and 200.

    He also has some history with Fisk. Fisk and the Burglar also appeared in an issue prior to that in 197.

    He also has attacked Peter personally by having Mysterio fake May's death and he also tied up Peter with the intention to kill him. He also killed Uncle Ben.

    Peter confronted The Burglar as Spider-man in 200. He hounded and tormented him in order to get revenge on him for what he did. Peter revealed his identity to him and told him how The Burglar was responsible for him becoming who he is as a hero. The shock of that knowledge caused him to die from a heart attack. Peter didn't hang around either. He just set off a fire alarm and left the body to be discovered.

    The Burglar was unrepentant in life. So he would have ended up in hell.

    Ben Reilly also, at one point, dated his daughter, Jessica.

    But the big tell is Kindred saying, "You and me. The way it should have been from the beginning." The Burglar was there at the beginning.

    The Burglar is a mirror to Peter. He represents his selfishness and failure. Hunted was all about holding a mirror up to Peter. It showed him being forced to take action and do something he didn't want to do. The situation with the Burglar is the reverse, because it highlights what happens when Peter choses inaction.

    Also, wasn't the loot he was originally after at the Parker residence eaten by silverfish and other insects. That money is what drove the Burglar. Finding it was his main goal. The insects in this look more like Silverfish. Not Centipedes.

    Carradine knows about how much Ben's death affected Peter. Because Peter told him outright before his fatal heart attack. Peter's weakness has always been his fear of failing his loved ones. What better person to break Peter, and what Spider-man stands for, than the one man whose actions directly contributed to him becoming who he is.
    Last edited by Somecrazyaussie; 06-27-2019 at 03:22 AM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •