Page 23 of 34 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

I insist that Kindred’s monologue to Norman Osborn invalidates Ezekiel as a suspect. Ezekiel has no backstory with Norman

Nick Spencer would have to introduce new information that involves Ezekiel feeling powerless against Norman Osborn, which I don’t see working out
    Last edited by Chubistian; 09-26-2019 at 09:47 AM.
    "The Batman is Gotham City. I will watch him. Study him. And when I know him and why he does not kill, I will know this city. And then Gotham will be MINE!"-BANE

"We're monsters, buddy. Plain and simple. I don't dress it up with fancy names like mutant or post-human; men were born crueler than Apes and we were born crueler than men. It's just the natural order of things"-ULTIMATE SABRETOOTH

Quote Originally Posted by Chubistian View Post
    I insist that Kindred’s monologue to Norman Osborn invalidates Ezekiel as a suspect. Ezekiel has no backstory with Norman

Nick Spencer would have to introduce new information that involves Ezekiel feeling powerless against Norman Osborn, which I don’t see working out
    You may be right but very little is known about Ezekiel’s past life and the various people and villains he could have had encounters with. It leaves a lot of new backstory potential where things can be included that we don’t yet know about. So for me in ASM 30, the biggest knock against Ezekiel wouldn’t be that he knew Norman, but that he somehow knew the way Peter was feeling and had said on Harry”s birthday party. I’m not sold on Ezekiel at this moment due to that, but then again everyone else mentioned so far has facts against them too. It will be very interesting to see who it turns out to be, but for now I think it’s not Harry, Flash, Peter, or Gwen but an outsider looking in. He refers to them as “these children” as if he is older and is not including himself among their group. Also none of them have any reason to be interested in the various spider-people and Kindred very much is.

One thing I just remembered was Ezekiel had hired private investigators to spy on Spider-man to figure out who he was early on in his career. If one of the people he hired was at that party, they could have relayed the details of what Peter said back to Ezekiel that day in their report. That may be one way Ezekiel could posses all this knowledge about Peter’s past the way Kindred does.
    Last edited by Vortex85; 09-26-2019 at 10:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    I disagree about Harry being prime suspect. Harry doesn’t make sense because he doesn’t know all the other spider characters like Silk, Ben Reilly, Miles, etc. One of the biggest clues to Kindreds identity to me was that he was familiar with the Spider-verse characters enough to consider them friends/acquaintances and wanted to reintroduce himself to Peter with or through them. Harry doesn’t make sense in that regard. That’s why I keep going back to Ezekiel or a Spider themed character for who Kindred is. I feel Kindred must feel linked to all the Spider characters in some way for him to want them to all be there when he reveals himself to Peter.

But anyway I think your on the right track when looking at other possibilities.
    I mean...Ezekiel never met Otto, Kaine, Ben or Miles either. Honestly I figured Kindred was just using it as a figure of speech rather than suggesting he actually knows them. I figure his plan is to go after them to hurt Peter, since they're not 'innocents' in his mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Yvonmukluk View Post
    I mean...Ezekiel never met Otto, Kaine, Ben or Miles either. Honestly I figured Kindred was just using it as a figure of speech rather than suggesting he actually knows them. I figure his plan is to go after them to hurt Peter, since they're not 'innocents' in his mind.
    Ezekiel was interested in Spider totems period, all of which are included, even though he never met some of them face to face, he would feel like kindred spirit to all of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    You may be right but very little is known about Ezekiel’s past life and the various people and villains he could have had encounters with. It leaves a lot of new backstory potential where things can be included that we don’t yet know about. So for me in ASM 30, the biggest knock against Ezekiel wouldn’t be that he knew Norman, but that he somehow knew the way Peter was feeling and had said on Harry”s birthday party. I’m not sold on Ezekiel at this moment due to that, but then again everyone else mentioned so far has facts against them too. It will be very interesting to see who it turns out to be, but for now I think it’s not Harry, Flash, Peter, or Gwen but an outsider looking in. He refers to them as “these children” as if he is older and is not including himself among their group. Also none of them have any reason to be interested in the various spider-people and Kindred very much is.

One thing I just remembered was Ezekiel had hired private investigators to spy on Spider-man to figure out who he was early on in his career. If one of the people he hired was at that party, they could have relayed the details of what Peter said back to Ezekiel that day in their report. That may be one way Ezekiel could posses all this knowledge about Peter’s past the way Kindred does.
    To be fair, I don't think it necessarily has to be someone who was LITERALLY there, we know that he can see into Peter's dreams and nightmares already, so it wouldn't be too big of a stretch to also believe that he's been observing all of Peter's events while directly through hell as well.

Kindred is the main antagonist of Spencer's dream book and was probably thought up in his head years ago, maybe before Big Time or even BND.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by RD155 View Post
    Totally with you on all of this, and much like you i feel Spencer is making it too obvious with issue #30. That issue is basically screaming to the reader that Kindred is Harry in such a blatant fashion that I don’t think it is if that makes sense lol.
    Yeah, it makes sense, that's called a red herring

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Anyone familiar with Slott's writing methods would know that's exactly what he would do. People overexaggerate Slott as a writer with plans based on Dying Wish, when most of his other stuff isn't like that.
    One example of this is Spider-Fu, was introduced in Spider-Island and was used like, twice after it, one to beat a mind controlled Jessica in Ends of the Earth, and another in the PI era, which the second one made no difference as Peter just says "I know how to do this!", Spidey's fighting style didn't improve for the most part even after learning Spider-Fu, sometimes he was even looking like a chump by losing to some characters, so Spider-Fu did nothing, so Emily fits on SLott's "I'm gonna introduce this just because" kind of moods lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Inversed View Post
    Norman thinking he's Cletus, or showing Normie still having a bit of Carnage within him, isn't really to set up Absolute Carnage
    Specialy since in ASM#800, Spidey himself is wondering if Norman was just pretending, so Slott was leaving the door open for "Norman went insane(r) and now thinks he's Cletus" or "Norman was just fucking around."

I remember the one time Harry and Mysterio were shown together was in the BND Molten Man story that flashed back to how Harry came back from the dead (it was silly), Mysterio like brought a Harry dummy to the morgue or something.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Kindred is the main antagonist of Spencer's dream book and was probably thought up in his head years ago, maybe before Big Time or even BND.
    I am certainly not Sigmund Freud and I have no idea what is in Nick Spencer's head, but if this was true then why show Norm as Spider-Man's greatest arch enemy instead of Kindred? That makes no sense. My theory and I use the word "THEORY" because I do not lnow, is this Kindred arc is a way to erase the much despised OMD/BND/Slott Decade while coming up with an original story to do it. I said it before, and said it again, Kindred and Mephisto are one and the same. Everything from haunting Peter, to terrorizing Norm, to bringing Mysterio back from Hell ( and punishing him), to trickery and deceit, to knowing Pete is Spider-Man, to being a character going back to Stan Lee and the Silver Age points straight to him. One other possible clue: The fact that Spider-Man will be teaming up with Dr. Doom very soon. We all know Pete does not like Victor ( he constantly mocks and disrespects him), and I bet the feeling is mutual. What could be so serious to cause those two to join forces? One possibility is Mephisto an entity both of them despise. I cannot wait until that issue to find out.

Lol, watch Kindred turn out to be Jack Hammer (Weasel) tormenting Peter Parker from Hell again.
    "The White Queen welcomes you, TO DIE!"

Astonishing Member

It is said Kindred is a demon, and although he would do it if it's necessary, he doesn't like to kill innocents. That's weird! What kind of demon can have a conscience about hurting innocents? The closest thing that comes to mind is DemoGoblin, who sees everyone as sinners, except children.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    It is said Kindred is a demon, and although he would do it if it's necessary, he doesn't like to kill innocents. That's weird! What kind of demon can have a conscience about hurting innocents? The closest thing that comes to mind is DemoGoblin, who sees everyone as sinners, except children.
    well
    there is me
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Vegeta View Post
    Lol, watch Kindred turn out to be Jack Hammer (Weasel) tormenting Peter Parker from Hell again.
    Not likely as he was restored to life in the end in Deadpool.

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    kids sin like crazy. demo you stupid
    troo fan or death

Forgive me father for I ate boogers
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«