Page 24 of 34 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast

and i covet my neighbour's boogers
    Last edited by boots; 09-29-2019 at 08:06 PM.
    troo fan or death

It would seem a bit disappointing if it's someone who hasn't been active in the book in Spencer's run, which seems to be the case with most of the suspects.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    It would seem a bit disappointing if it's someone who hasn't been active in the book in Spencer's run, which seems to be the case with most of the suspects.
    The only worry is I feel like that (at the moment) limits the pool to a very small amount of plausible suspects, and most of those suspects may feel "too obvious" choices.

The run has already been throwing some deep cut references (big and small) throughout as surprises, so I wouldn't be shocked if it does turn out to be someone who's had little to no presence currently.

All-New Member

Hello everybody!

I'm new in this community, and I'm not a native english speaker, so I hope you'd plese me if my english is not the best.

I've been a spider-fan for a very long time, and now I'm being obsessed with the question of Kindred's identity. I've read your theories, some of those are very intresting. Now, I'd like to show you mine.

I've being thinking about it, considering charachters like Spidercide, Traveller and even Ken Ellis, but now I'm convinced I've just found a very probable candidate: Arthur Stacy.

Think about it, by checking also few facts:

1) He was the head of security of the Oscorp a long time ago, so he knows well both Norman Osborn and Mendel Stromm, and of course the rivalry between them.
    At that time, he was both obsessed and terrified by Norman.

2) He could have the same age of Norman, more or less, so he could be referring to Peter, Gwen, Harry, Flash and MJ as "children", by knowing also them and their history with Norman.

3) Kindred told Stromm that he knows how does it feel to live in the shadow of another man. In fact, Arthur was used to it, back then: he spent his professional life in the shadow of his brother, George Stacy.

4) As a former policeman and SHIELD agent, he could have a lot of information about everyone, from criminals to common people. He could also have being tightening ties with several criminals and vigilantes, just like Fisk, Mysterio and the Black Cat, in order to track them down later and even blackmail them.

5) Arthur had issues with Kingpin. This latter tried even to kill him, back at the times of the Sen. Ward Saga. Through Fisk, he could also have something to do with Felicia.

6) After the first death of Ben Reilly, he came back to NY in order to persecute both Peter and Spidey, since he thought them had something to do with the deaths of his brother and his niece. Then, he changed his mind, became protective a lot to Peter and his relatives, and made himself a precious allied for Spider-Man. Kindred interest in protecting MJ could be referring also to that period. At that time, furthermore, , he could have discovered that Peter is Spidey, thanks to his dectetive-skills. During this period, he developed also a sense of "affinity" (kindship) with both Peter and Spider-Man.

7) Back in the days when Peter and Gwen were a couple, he could have been even considering himself as a sort of "kinfolk" for Peter. Here are both the meaning of the term "Kindred".

8) When Arthur and Peter became very close, he referred to him sometimes as "Pete".

9) The only problem left is his possible death and the time he could have being spending in Hell, but it could also be easily reconnetted. Again, back to the Ward story-arc, during the Maximum Security crossover, when the final showdown between Ward, Stacy and Spider-Man took place, Ward tried to infect Arthur with the Z'nox Virus. He could have really infected him. Then, Arthur could have died because of this and, due to something wrong he could have done as a SHIELD agent, he could also have gone to Hell, where Mephisto could have approched him by telling him the truth behind the death of his niece Gwen: that Peter/Spidey himself caused her neck to be broken when he tried to save her by grasping her with the web. THIS could be the "TRUTH of what Peter has done" to which Kindred refers. In order to persecute Peter, Mephisto could basically have done it by making Arthur his agent, and then Arthur could have been reaching out for Quentin Beck in Hell, just to make him his instrument against Peter. Now that Peter and MJ are back together, Mephisto can try to prevent they to be married again. Kindred hires so Mysterio in order to "deny them" what they want, a life together as a married couple. By accomplishing this goal, Mephisto's will would easily meet Kindred's/Arthur's will to prevent Peter/Spidey to cause MJ's possible death, and so to protect her.

Finally, I add only that, in my opinion, Kindred, whoever he is, is actually not interested in killing Peter, but just in making him recognize what he did (maybe to Gwen), and in making him so suffer for it.

I know that this theory sounds pretty weird, but makes a lot of sense for me.

Tell me what you think about it, plz.

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by COnte78 View Post
    Hello everybody!

I'm new in this community, and I'm not a native english speaker, so I hope you'd plese me if my english is not the best.

I've been a spider-fan for a very long time, and now I'm being obsessed with the question of Kindred's identity. I've read your theories, some of those are very intresting. Now, I'd like to show you mine.

I've being thinking about it, considering charachters like Spidercide, Traveller and even Ken Ellis, but now I'm convinced I've just found a very probable candidate: Arthur Stacy.

Think about it, by checking also few facts:

1) He was the head of security of the Oscorp a long time ago, so he knows well both Norman Osborn and Mendel Stromm, and of course the rivalry between them.
    At that time, he was both obsessed and terrified by Norman.

2) He could have the same age of Norman, more or less, so he could be referring to Peter, Gwen, Harry, Flash and MJ as "children", by knowing also them and their history with Norman.

3) Kindred told Stromm that he knows how does it feel to live in the shadow of another man. In fact, Arthur was used to it, back then: he spent his professional life in the shadow of his brother, George Stacy.

4) As a former policeman and SHIELD agent, he could have a lot of information about everyone, from criminals to common people. He could also have being tightening ties with several criminals and vigilantes, just like Fisk, Mysterio and the Black Cat, in order to track them down later and even blackmail them.

5) Arthur had issues with Kingpin. This latter tried even to kill him, back at the times of the Sen. Ward Saga. Through Fisk, he could also have something to do with Felicia.

6) After the first death of Ben Reilly, he came back to NY in order to persecute both Peter and Spidey, since he thought them had something to do with the deaths of his brother and his niece. Then, he changed his mind, became protective a lot to Peter and his relatives, and made himself a precious allied for Spider-Man. Kindred interest in protecting MJ could be referring also to that period. At that time, furthermore, , he could have discovered that Peter is Spidey, thanks to his dectetive-skills. During this period, he developed also a sense of "affinity" (kindship) with both Peter and Spider-Man.

7) Back in the days when Peter and Gwen were a couple, he could have been even considering himself as a sort of "kinfolk" for Peter. Here are both the meaning of the term "Kindred".

8) When Arthur and Peter became very close, he referred to him sometimes as "Pete".

9) The only problem left is his possible death and the time he could have being spending in Hell, but it could also be easily reconnetted. Again, back to the Ward story-arc, during the Maximum Security crossover, when the final showdown between Ward, Stacy and Spider-Man took place, Ward tried to infect Arthur with the Z'nox Virus. He could have really infected him. Then, Arthur could have died because of this and, due to something wrong he could have done as a SHIELD agent, he could also have gone to Hell, where Mephisto could have approched him by telling him the truth behind the death of his niece Gwen: that Peter/Spidey himself caused her neck to be broken when he tried to save her by grasping her with the web. THIS could be the "TRUTH of what Peter has done" to which Kindred refers. In order to persecute Peter, Mephisto could basically have done it by making Arthur his agent, and then Arthur could have been reaching out for Quentin Beck in Hell, just to make him his instrument against Peter. Now that Peter and MJ are back together, Mephisto can try to prevent they to be married again. Kindred hires so Mysterio in order to "deny them" what they want, a life together as a married couple. By accomplishing this goal, Mephisto's will would easily meet Kindred's/Arthur's will to prevent Peter/Spidey to cause MJ's possible death, and so to protect her.

Finally, I add only that, in my opinion, Kindred, whoever he is, is actually not interested in killing Peter, but just in making him recognize what he did (maybe to Gwen), and in making him so suffer for it.

I know that this theory sounds pretty weird, but makes a lot of sense for me.

Tell me what you think about it, plz.
    Welcome aboard and you made some good points, although I still think it is Gabriel Stacy (Gray Goblin).
    Hail Hydra!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The problem with OMD-Peter gone Emo is that Kindred was involved with Mysterio's resurrection in David's FNSM which happened before the deal. So timeline doesn't fit. And as with Uncle Ben, do we really want the Spider-Man of AF#15 transformed into a vengeful murderer and torturer?

Ezekiel fits, Best of Enemies Harry fits, Gwen Stacy fits timeline-wise. All three were dead, all three knew Mary Jane (Ezekiel had dinner with them after all). Two of them are directly connected to Norman Osborn, while one you can imagine as being connected through business ties (Ezekiel).

From storytelling impact and suspense perspective, I think it has to be Gwen Stacy. Ezekiel is a surprise but also a character readers won't know and would have to be prepped up on (the same way Roderick Kingsley made appearances in ASM and satellites before Stern's Hobgoblin Lives to make it less of "oh-yeah-that-guy-from-that-thing-with-the-thing"). OG Harry Osborn would raise issues about who's the Harry Osborn running around, and would also negate the little growth Harry had in that time (such as changing his name to Harry Lyman and all) and likewise, we haven't seen Harry in Spencer's run, so even if he was Kindred no emotional stakes are sold to us about "the Harry we know and liked isn't Harry" and so on.

So it has to be Gwen. You don't need much to refer to Gwen. It's an instant hook. You can also make Gwen into a vengeful villain without really changing or ruining a character significantly. If anything her becoming a villain is consistent to the character in the page when she was alive. It would lend poignancy to that. And as anyone who has seen Mask of the Phantasm can tell you, it wouldn't be the first time a mystery villain paraded with a dude's voice and was addressed as "He" to turn out to be a dame.
    I think you're almost right. I think it's George Stacy, not Gwen.

Quote Originally Posted by Starman View Post
    I think you're almost right. I think it's George Stacy, not Gwen.
    George Stacy is absolutely one of the best theories.

i didn't even know that there was an Arthur Stacy
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Kindred is almost certainly one of the Stacy's.

Harry would also fit if he weren't already alive and well (and apparently no longer evil).

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by tv horror View Post
    Welcome aboard and you made some good points, although I still think it is Gabriel Stacy (Gray Goblin).
    Thank you!

Well, it would be dope if it's Gabriel, but honestly I doubt it, since it doesn't fit for most of the links with other charachters. Furthermore, Gabriel was alive and well while Beck was in Hell..
    But everything is possible... Anyway, i'd love to see finally someone who recalling Sins Past in the comic book. I really liked Clone Conspiracy, first of all for the return of Ben Reilly, but the Peter-Gwen moment disappointed me a little.. How not to deal with Sins Past, when we're using the orginal Gwen (or a sort of)?? Maybe, Secret Wars has undone Sins Past.. OMD has not, since the American Son story involving Gabriel.. It has to be explained yet..

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    Kindred is almost certainly one of the Stacy's.

Harry would also fit if he weren't already alive and well (and apparently no longer evil).
    Harry would fit the most, but it would be too obvious, I don't think it would be a great move..

I think Kindred being Gwen or George Stacy, just as Uncle Ben, would be quite impossible.. They are too iconic as characters, they are basically martyrs Spencer will not make one of them a villain.. The same goes for Aunt May Parker and the little baby May.. Even if Aunt May is alive, she is a sort of martyr, she can't be a villain..
    I think also (and definitively hope) Kindred wouldn't be an alternative Peter, a sort of, or a clone.. Along with the Clone Saga, Superior-Arc and Spider-Verse, authors did too much similar stuff.. I think Kindred is someone from the past of the same 616 reality.. If not Arthur, Traveller would be the best choice.. Kindred seems to have such "mental and reality manipulation skills" just as Judas had.. Let's see what's next.

The newest issue is making it way too obvious that it's Harry, so I'm guessing is that it's got to be someone else.

Emily Osborn would make some sense. It would lead to interesting stories for Harry, and she's someone who has big connections to Norman Osborn who appeared in the series just before Spencer's run started, but also doesn't have a lot of comics appearances which provides a lot of latitude for avoiding continuity contradictions.

Peter doesn't really have any enemies who are women of an earlier generation.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    The newest issue is making it way too obvious that it's Harry, so I'm guessing is that it's got to be someone else.

Emily Osborn would make some sense. It would lead to interesting stories for Harry, and she's someone who has big connections to Norman Osborn who appeared in the series just before Spencer's run started, but also doesn't have a lot of comics appearances which provides a lot of latitude for avoiding continuity contradictions.

Peter doesn't really have any enemies who are women of an earlier generation.
    I think you're seriously overthinking this. Emily has pretty much nil connection to Peter or the wider mythos. Plus we know Kindred is male from ASM 24. They're not going to make Kindred a near-stranger for the sake of making it a twist.

It is Harry Osborn or Gwen. Harry is too obvious now, so it could be Gwen.

It's Gabriel Stacy. He's here to remind us that Sins Past is still canon, lol.