Page 3 of 34 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I've felt for a longtime that Kindred might actually be Dennis Carradine. Because Kindred has ties to Quentin and has obviously singled him out from all the other deceased villains he could have resurrected for a reason. The pair of them were involved in a storyline that ran between 198 and 200.

He also has some history with Fisk. Fisk and the Burglar also appeared in an issue prior to that in 197.

He also has attacked Peter personally by having Mysterio fake her death and he also tied up Peter with the intention to kill him. He also killed Uncle Ben.

Peter confronted The Burglar as Spider-man in 200. He hounded and tormented him in order to get revenge on him for what he did. Peter revealed his identity to him and told him how The Burglar was responsible for him becoming who he is as a hero. The shock of that knowledge caused him to die from a heart attack. Peter didn't hang around either. He just set off a fire alarm and left the body to be discovered.

The Burglar was unrepentant in life. So he would have ended up in hell.

Peter also, at one point, dated his daughter.

But the big tell is Kindred saying, "You and me. The way it should have been from the beginning." The Burglar was there at the beginning.

The Burglar is a mirror to Peter. He represents his selfishness and failure. Hunted was all about holding a mirror up to Peter. It showed him being forced to take action and do something he didn't want to do. The situation with the Burglar is the reverse, because it highlights what happens when Peter choses inaction.

Also, wasn't the loot he was originally after at the Parker residence eaten by silverfish and other insects. That money is what drove the Burglar. Finding it was his main goal. The insects in this look more like Silverfish.
    Yes, Jessica. But it was Ben Reilly who dated her.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan84 View Post
    Yes, Jessica. But it was Ben Reilly who dated her.
    Thanks for the reminder. Was typing my reply while traveling. I just remember that she showed up at one point. Have edited my post with the correction

what if at the end of year 2 spencer just has kindred reveal what he thinks about the leftovers
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Quote Originally Posted by Somecrazyaussie View Post
    I've felt for a longtime that Kindred might actually be Dennis Carradine. Because Kindred has ties to Quentin and has obviously singled him out from all the other deceased villains he could have resurrected for a reason. The pair of them were involved in a storyline that ran between 198 and 200.

He also has some history with Fisk. Fisk and the Burglar also appeared in an issue prior to that in 197.

He also has attacked Peter personally by having Mysterio fake her death and he also tied up Peter with the intention to kill him. He also killed Uncle Ben.

Peter confronted The Burglar as Spider-man in 200. He hounded and tormented him in order to get revenge on him for what he did. Peter revealed his identity to him and told him how The Burglar was responsible for him becoming who he is as a hero. The shock of that knowledge caused him to die from a heart attack. Peter didn't hang around either. He just set off a fire alarm and left the body to be discovered.

The Burglar was unrepentant in life. So he would have ended up in hell.

Ben Reilly also, at one point, dated his daughter, Jessica.

But the big tell is Kindred saying, "You and me. The way it should have been from the beginning." The Burglar was there at the beginning.

The Burglar is a mirror to Peter. He represents his selfishness and failure. Hunted was all about holding a mirror up to Peter. It showed him being forced to take action and do something he didn't want to do. The situation with the Burglar is the reverse, because it highlights what happens when Peter choses inaction.

Also, wasn't the loot he was originally after at the Parker residence eaten by silverfish and other insects. That money is what drove the Burglar. Finding it was his main goal. The insects in this look more like Silverfish.
    This is my thinking.

Kindred is the corporeal manifestation of the collective negative energy put into the universe by those who disliked the Game Of Thrones ending
    ♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•*

♪ღ♪░NORAH░WINTERS░FOR░SPIDER-WAIFU░♪ღ♪

*•♪ღ♪*•.¸¸¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪¸.•*¨ ¨*•.¸¸¸.•*•♪ღ♪•«

Quote Originally Posted by Zeitgeist View Post
    Kindred is the corporeal manifestation of the collective negative energy put into the universe by those who disliked the Game Of Thrones ending
    "Did you see that, D&D? Did you like watching a series die? I hope you feel responsible. You won't get my name. Not until you remember what you did. But in the meantime, I wouldn't want a nickname as bad as those last couple scripts. You can call me... Jamie Lannister is Daddy XOXO @CerseiSquad on Twitter dot com!"

Quote Originally Posted by Russ840 View Post
    This is my thinking.
    I don’t get why Kindred, if the burglar, would care about protecting MJ or why he would be upset about revealing his identity to Felicia.

Kindred doesn't actually care about Felicia or MJ, he just sees them as more innocents who are going to die because they're close to Peter, and as obstacles who are delaying he and Pete from being alone together.

Astonishing Member

Like the Burglar suggestion.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Kindred doesn't actually care about Felicia or MJ, he just sees them as more innocents who are going to die because they're close to Peter, and as obstacles who are delaying he and Pete from being alone together.
    That's why I believe Kindred is somebody that died because of Spider-Man... yeah, there are still many suspects.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I really hope that Spencer get to the point at least with Kindred’s identity soon because rarely when those kinds of mysterious identity plots are drawn out do they end up with a satisfying answer. Just look at the mystery of who the female Thor was or what Fury said to Thor that left him unworthy.
    The identity of the first Hobgoblin being the classic Spidey related example of this.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

I really hope that Spencer get to the point at least with Kindred’s identity soon because rarely when those kinds of mysterious identity plots are drawn out do they end up with a satisfying answer. Just look at the mystery of who the female Thor was or what Fury said to Thor that left him unworthy.
    I don't believe we'll find out the true identity of Kindred in issue 25, because this is SUCH a big reveal and we only just got a codename for him, it'll be odd to tip their hat so soon. I actually don't mind how they have been approaching the mystery, just because Kindred already has been such an energetic and charismatic character in his own way, and he's been mainly in the background this whole time, without really interrupting the actual core storylines going on.

I didn't think the Jane Thor mystery was a problem, that only lasted 8 issues and the story complimented the mystery. The Fury mystery I would agree though was underwhelming, just because that wait lasted MUCH longer, across several different books, and ended up being such a nothing answer that didn't effect the rest of the story at all.

BANNED

The female Thor's identity was revealed in 8 issues in Thor #2014. I will admit that what Fury said to Thor was dragged on too long though. Even if ultimately it makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Celgress View Post
    The identity of the first Hobgoblin being the classic Spidey related example of this.
    As per Roger Stern, his original idea was to keep the mystery for one issue more than the time it took for Norman's reveal. Norman made his debut in ASM#14, and was revealed as Norman in ASM#40. That's 27 issues. So the Hobgoblin was to be revealed in ASM#28.

Kindred is gonna break the record because we are at issue#24, and it doesn't look like we are gonna get a reveal in ASM#28 or 29 (2018) even if he showed up in Spencer's #1 issue. Of course, Spider-Man is twice-a-month now. In the old days 27 issues meant 27 months, i.e 2 years and three months.

Spencer Year One is ending with ASM#25, (although technically it's ASM#24 but they are saying it's ASM#25), so that means Kindred's reveal will happen about say ASM #53 (2018) which will come out in October 2020, just in time for halloween next year.

Likewise in the case of Green Goblin and Hobgoblin, we knew their supervillain names from the get-go. That's not the case with Kindred.
    Last edited by Revolutionary_Jack; 06-27-2019 at 01:21 PM.

He'll probably reveal his identity when he and Petey-O have their first epic wang off next year or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    The female Thor's identity was revealed in 8 issues in Thor #2014. I will admit that what Fury said to Thor was dragged on too long though. Even if ultimately it makes sense.

As per Roger Stern, his original idea was to keep the mystery for one issue more than the time it took for Norman's reveal. Norman made his debut in ASM#14, and was revealed as Norman in ASM#40. That's 27 issues. So the Hobgoblin was to be revealed in ASM#28.

Kindred is gonna break the record because we are at issue#24, and it doesn't look like we are gonna get a reveal in ASM#28 or 29 (2018) even if he showed up in Spencer's #1 issue. Of course, Spider-Man is twice-a-month now. In the old days 27 issues meant 27 months, i.e 2 years and three months.

Spencer Year One is ending with ASM#25, (although technically it's ASM#24 but they are saying it's ASM#25), so that means Kindred's reveal will happen about say ASM #53 (2018) which will come out in October 2020, just in time for halloween next year.

Likewise in the case of Green Goblin and Hobgoblin, we knew their supervillain names from the get-go. That's not the case with Kindred.
    You're overthinking it. We don't know if we get it revealed here, but I think we may get a hint/reveal at 25