Page 31 of 34 FirstFirst ... 212728293031323334 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Vortex85 View Post
    While I dont think its Gwen, a possible answer to your question is Sins Past, lol.
    ugh, i know you're joking but that would be a vile thing for marvel to do
    troo fan or death

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    Based on what Marvel and some others have said regarding it in the past, I would much more easily believe they would rather allow him to get married again way before ever referencing Sins Past happening in canon. That's how much they badly they want to ignore that story. I could be wrong, but I think after Clone Conspiracy with nothing being brought up, that's just their approach for it.

Mighty Member

It would be kind of funny if the new Gwen mini actually establishes her having a bit of an evil streak to justify her having gone to Hell to become Kindred. That's be an all-time bait-and-switch by Marvel
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by bob.schoonover View Post
    It would be kind of funny if the new Gwen mini actually establishes her having a bit of an evil streak to justify her having gone to Hell to become Kindred. That's be an all-time bait-and-switch by Marvel
    "Gwen’s got a science brain, a nose for trouble and a no-quit attitude that always gets her in trouble*."

*when she cannot quit bullying her classmates.

Quote Originally Posted by Junco View Post
    "Gwen’s got a science brain, a nose for trouble and a no-quit attitude that always gets her in trouble*."

*when she cannot quit bullying her classmates.
    The science brain is human experimentation. She helped Professor Warren round up hobos. That's why he missed her so much.
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Dawidos View Post
    And the fundamental question - why on the Earth such a good person like Gwen Stacy did go to Hell after death?
    was she good?

Astonishing Member

Honestly, I don't see what kind of "sin" Peter could make for Kindred to be so pissed with him. I mean, the only thing I could think about, it's the deal with Mephisto to erase his secret identity and his marriage with MJ. But I'm not sure we can consider that "a sin" in the strict meaning of the word. A mistake?, definitely. But not exactly "a sin".

Quote Originally Posted by Ursalink View Post
    Honestly, I don't see what kind of "sin" Peter could make for Kindred to be so pissed with him. I mean, the only thing I could think about, it's the deal with Mephisto to erase his secret identity and his marriage with MJ. But I'm not sure we can consider that "a sin" in the strict meaning of the word. A mistake?, definitely. But not exactly "a sin".
    it's a pact with the devil

Quote Originally Posted by boots View Post
    I don't think they were joking... Sins Rising has just been announced.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48711-next...ns-rising.html
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    I don't think they were joking... Sins Rising has just been announced.
    https://www.newsarama.com/48711-next...ns-rising.html
    i was referring to the idea of gwen going to hell for "sins past"
    troo fan or death

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Okay, it's been awhile since I've done one of my crazy speculations/theories but...

What if Kindred is Gwen Stacy? More specifically, Gwen Stacy from Dead No More: The Clone Conspiracy?

Remember, Clone Conspiracy established that Gwen was actually conscious during "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" and thus learned that Spider-Man was Peter Parker. This also means that she blamed Peter for her father's death. Yes, Gwen forgave Peter during Clone Conspiracy, but let's also remember she underwent clone degeneration during that arc, too. What if she survived, but the partial degeneration also drove her insane?

Also, if you think Gwen being Kindred is nuts, it actually tracks quite well. The choice of calling him/herself Kindred? It alludes to Spider-Man and him/herself being Kindred Spirits? Hasn't it been said that Peter and Gwen, as lovers, were Kindred Spirits themselves? Look at Kindred's body type. The way Ryan Ottley draws him/her in the latest issue, he/she looks more feminine than masculine, even androgynous.

Look back, too, at those scenes between Kindred and Norman Osborn in ASM #30 and #31. The dialogue makes it sound like Kindred could be Harry, but if you read with the mindset that Kindred is Gwen, it totally fits. Especially when Norman talks about Kindred being his true "Legacy." After all, what is the Green Goblin's real legacy? He's the one indirectly responsible for Gwen death, one of the biggest blows Spider-Man ever had on par with the death of Uncle Ben. Speaking of which, what is the one sin Peter has refused to acknowledge to the point that he "barely even [remembers] it at all"? It's that he, not Norman, actually killed Gwen. She didn't die after the Green Goblin pushed her off the Brooklyn Bridge; she died when Peter tried to save her with his webbing, and the webbing accidentally snapped and broke her neck.

Also, if Gwen is Kindred, it totally fits with why Kindred believes Peter, as Spider-Man, endangers those he loves. It fits with why Kindred was actually protective of Mary Jane when you consider that MJ and Gwen were best friends. It fits with why Kindred was so angry that Peter re-revealed his secret identity to Black Cat; after all, Peter never revealed his identity to Gwen, the woman he loved. But he does to a former ex-girlfriend?

As for all of Kindred's demonic powers? Those can easily all be tech based, and all the allusions towards One More Day are deliberate red herrings (notice, too, it's never been outright stated in any issue that Kindred is connected to One More Day. That's an assumption we, as readers, are deliberately intended to make on the basis of Kindred's abilities and Mysterio talking about how he died and came back from Hell during PAD's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, which was later retconned as, "Quentin Beck never died. It was just another illusion.") After all, Mysterio does the same thing by making it look like he has supernatural powers when he really doesn't, and it seems like more than coincidental that he's in servitude to Kindred. Plus, wouldn't it be ironic that the Master of Illusion is duped by his own gimmick?

Keep in mind, this is just a theory, so I very well could be wrong.
    I was on the “dark peter” train until I read this. Amazing. I thought the same thing re the “barely remembered” line, and a surviving dark clone of Gwen makes sense too. And if Kindred could remotely figure out how the Jackals technology worked, it’s easy to “bring people back”.
    "Mutationem Aeternum"
    Krakoan and Proud

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jness View Post
    I was on the “dark peter” train until I read this. Amazing. I thought the same thing re the “barely remembered” line, and a surviving dark clone of Gwen makes sense too. And if Kindred could remotely figure out how the Jackals technology worked, it’s easy to “bring people back”.
    Yeah, I agree. Marvel wants to bring Gwen back, that is for sure. This could be a good opportunity. Better than Ben Reillys return anyways.

Astonishing Member your_name_here's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by stillanerd View Post
    Okay, it's been awhile since I've done one of my crazy speculations/theories but...

What if Kindred is Gwen Stacy? More specifically, Gwen Stacy from Dead No More: The Clone Conspiracy?

Remember, Clone Conspiracy established that Gwen was actually conscious during "The Night Gwen Stacy Died" and thus learned that Spider-Man was Peter Parker. This also means that she blamed Peter for her father's death. Yes, Gwen forgave Peter during Clone Conspiracy, but let's also remember she underwent clone degeneration during that arc, too. What if she survived, but the partial degeneration also drove her insane?

Also, if you think Gwen being Kindred is nuts, it actually tracks quite well. The choice of calling him/herself Kindred? It alludes to Spider-Man and him/herself being Kindred Spirits? Hasn't it been said that Peter and Gwen, as lovers, were Kindred Spirits themselves? Look at Kindred's body type. The way Ryan Ottley draws him/her in the latest issue, he/she looks more feminine than masculine, even androgynous.

Look back, too, at those scenes between Kindred and Norman Osborn in ASM #30 and #31. The dialogue makes it sound like Kindred could be Harry, but if you read with the mindset that Kindred is Gwen, it totally fits. Especially when Norman talks about Kindred being his true "Legacy." After all, what is the Green Goblin's real legacy? He's the one indirectly responsible for Gwen death, one of the biggest blows Spider-Man ever had on par with the death of Uncle Ben. Speaking of which, what is the one sin Peter has refused to acknowledge to the point that he "barely even [remembers] it at all"? It's that he, not Norman, actually killed Gwen. She didn't die after the Green Goblin pushed her off the Brooklyn Bridge; she died when Peter tried to save her with his webbing, and the webbing accidentally snapped and broke her neck.

Also, if Gwen is Kindred, it totally fits with why Kindred believes Peter, as Spider-Man, endangers those he loves. It fits with why Kindred was actually protective of Mary Jane when you consider that MJ and Gwen were best friends. It fits with why Kindred was so angry that Peter re-revealed his secret identity to Black Cat; after all, Peter never revealed his identity to Gwen, the woman he loved. But he does to a former ex-girlfriend?

As for all of Kindred's demonic powers? Those can easily all be tech based, and all the allusions towards One More Day are deliberate red herrings (notice, too, it's never been outright stated in any issue that Kindred is connected to One More Day. That's an assumption we, as readers, are deliberately intended to make on the basis of Kindred's abilities and Mysterio talking about how he died and came back from Hell during PAD's Friendly Neighborhood Spider-Man, which was later retconned as, "Quentin Beck never died. It was just another illusion.") After all, Mysterio does the same thing by making it look like he has supernatural powers when he really doesn't, and it seems like more than coincidental that he's in servitude to Kindred. Plus, wouldn't it be ironic that the Master of Illusion is duped by his own gimmick?

Keep in mind, this is just a theory, so I very well could be wrong.
    This is really good and impressive. I’m not 100% convinced it is Gwen. I can’t explain how she would have got into Peters dreams, and also why she would be so evil.
    It would be a VERY bold move if it was, though. Imagine the uproar with the reveal.

Spectacular Member

I'm not sure about Gwen yet, but I kind of see it, the Tie-in with Absolute Carnage pretty much showed a connection between Kindred and Norman Osborn, it showed things from the time Peter and the others were young, so it's possible, I think it may involve Gwen in some form.

Another thing, there is a chance that it's Gabriel Stacy or even Sarah Stacy. And finally, and I know this one is weird but it's possible, perhaps the new boyfriend of Gwen from her high school years that is showing up in her new solo. Hell it could be George Stacy.

And also the name says it all: Sins Rising-Sins Past.

Lately Marvel has done things like this where they change a word from the title to practically say it's a sequel to previous one: Absolute Carnage-Maximum Carnage.

Sins rising is because Kindred revived the Sin eater, the dude with a shotgun who killed Dewolfe