Page 8 of 34 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Scarlet Spider-Man View Post
    It's also an anagram of "nerd kid."
    The Boy Who Collected Spider-Man is back!

-Pav, who wonders why he went to hell...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

I swear if it actually is Spider-Boy Prime...I don't know what I'll say but I'll probably love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    I'm guessing Kindred's got nothing to do with One More Day, largely for some meta reasons. I don't know if they want to pull that scab, or to make a particular statement about a controversial story.

Spencer's also been open about getting the okay to reunite Peter & MJ relatively late in the process of coming up with the stories, after he had written the first draft of the Issue One script, so it would be unusual if he had planned a Big Bad with ties to One More Day, but didn't know that he could reunite Peter & MJ.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.c927347c8084
    I do think its important to remember back when Slott was writing, he mentioned that while the marriage was still on the "never coming back" side, he also said that some kind of "OMD Resolution" or a story that would directly connect to it is a possibility, he just didn't want to do it. So to say they would never want to do it cause it may be too meta (especially after they reference it ALL THE TIME in other books) seems less likely to me.

Spencer is someone who's very self aware regarding context of certain stories and character's actions, and whether Kindred himself ends up being connected to OMD or not, there are way too many non-subtle references regarding Peter & MJ's status and OMD that it seems more likely than not there's gonna be /some/ payoff.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

He stole all his Spider-man memorabilia.

-------------------------------

I went back and re-read the first appearance of Kindred and the beginning of the run generally. A few things stuck out to me, although none are necessarily suggestive

*Kindred referring to him as Peter is interesting - it'd suggest s/he knows/knew Peter as Peter and not Spider-man first (and of the villains that know his identity, many think of him as "Parker" and not "Peter" if they think about his secret identity at all).

*Using Beetle to represent Mysterio at trial (and the Sinister Six conversation therein), along with a number of appearances by the Superior Foes/Sinister Syndicate-types early on in the run make me think it's someone affiliated with one of the Sinister teams

*Peter and Spider-man being two separate individuals for a short time suggest secret identities and multiple roles are on Spencer's mind.

*The character has some method of walking Beck out of Hell

I'm having a hard time figuring out who all that adds up to, though - Macendale works okay for the last two and it's not hard to contrive a reason for the fourth, but fails the first part. Flash Thompson works okay for the first and third (and a little bit the second), but has no real motive. Spidercide, a different clone, or some alt-reality Peter work decently for the first and third, but none ever interacted with the Sinister anything at any point or have Hell-escape abilities. Gwen, her dad, Uncle Ben, etc. only really have a Peter connection (and their placement in Hell would be suspect). So I'm stumped a bit. The walk out of Hell part can always be a "Mephisto is using this person as an agent," but no one ticks all of the other boxes well enough for me. I'm going with a Mephisto-empowered Spidercide, because if you don't have a good answer, guess something absurd.
    Blue text denotes sarcasm

Quote Originally Posted by Kurolegacy View Post
    I really hope that Spencer get to the point at least with Kindred’s identity soon because rarely when those kinds of mysterious identity plots are drawn out do they end up with a satisfying answer. Just look at the mystery of who the female Thor was or what Fury said to Thor that left him unworthy.
    Well said and a valid concern. If he holds out too long it'll come back to bite him in the butt. Not saying that the answer would please everyone if he told it soon, but drawing out the time it takes for the secret to come out might tire some people.

which is an anagram of nerd dik

you’re welcome
    troo fan or death

Incredible Member

Has anyone mentioned the “Other”? I vaguely remember when Peter was killed by Morlun, the other said something about embracing it as Peter should have? I’m drawing a blank as to the exact wording but I do remember when Mysterio came back, he told Miss Arrow (Ero) that they worked for the same being. Again I vaguely recall the exactly wording.

Quote Originally Posted by Pav View Post

I TOTALLY MADE THIS JOKE EARLIER, PAV.

How dare you rip me off!

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by xpyred View Post
    Has anyone mentioned the “Other”? I vaguely remember when Peter was killed by Morlun, the other said something about embracing it as Peter should have? I’m drawing a blank as to the exact wording but I do remember when Mysterio came back, he told Miss Arrow (Ero) that they worked for the same being. Again I vaguely recall the exactly wording.
    I think The Other is now connected to Spider-Girls father, Peter from that reality.

Krissy Watson? She did have a crush on Peter, has a history naturally with Mary Jane...
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

for the love of god, please stop guessing Spidercide. what a **** character.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Didn't he pop up in a decent (Kaine) Scarlet Spider story?
    Sincerely,
    Thomas Mets

Quote Originally Posted by Mister Mets View Post
    Didn't he pop up in a decent (Kaine) Scarlet Spider story?
    no such thing

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    All the more reason to bring him back and turn him into something worthwhile, clone-hater

-Pav, who believes most characters can be redeemed...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

Maybe Kindred is the original Venom symbiote somehow. It checks most of the boxes. =P

Sally Avril is my vote for Kindred, if they are considering the "Untold" tales of Spider-man canon.