Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tycon View Post
    ...............................................wel l. And to screw up my own point, Robinson was the one that let Monet look white in Weapon X.
    Yep. Based on his ideas & lack of actions, I don't care for Robinson period. A black editor, yet said / did nothing about the whitewashing of Monet during Weapon X. And when asked about it on twitter, what a shock he didn't respond. lol

Hell David Yardin is more faithful to characters of color.
    https://twitter.com/davidyardin/stat...24266017669120
    Last edited by Silver Fang; 06-28-2019 at 07:13 PM.

I believe in diverse people and diverse voices but sometimes diverse people disappoint us when they go along with the status quo.. or they use their voices to further marginalize others. It is a sad reality.

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Is that four creator kerfuffles from the ResurXXXtentacion saga? Syaf, Bunn, Hallum, and Grace? Am I forgetting somethin'? Although Bunn and the Hopester didn't start a **** blizzard on Twitter.
    I think Tom Taylor hinted he had a beef with Red ending so soon but who knows. It's funny how the mutants were thrown into disarray after Secret Wars. Wasn't Remender supposed to helm them post Wars?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    I think Tom Taylor hinted he had a beef with Red ending so soon but who knows. It's funny how the mutants were thrown into disarray after Secret Wars. Wasn't Remender supposed to helm them post Wars?
    They’ve been in disarray since Bendis’ run was cut short due to the CompleX and he stretched the Last Will arc to 11 issues so that he could quit with #600.

Incredible Member

I will say the same thing I posted on the article on CBR: By not standing by Grace, Marvel is pandering to the bullies, the comicsgaters.
    It will only fuel them, make them think they're right.
    These guys want to destroy the medium, be assured of that (I'm in fact pretty sure they don't even read comics), and by not defending Mr Grace Marvel is handing them a victory.
    If you're not part of the solution you're part of the problem, sometimes things are as simple as that.

Extraordinary Member

I think Sina Grace had a hard job with Iceman. I mean, Bobby wasn't even allowed to come out by himself; Jean Grye forced him because...why? It just left a bsd taste in my mouth. But Grace did his best and by the end of his run, I could see Bobby as a gay man. He was fine. It wasn't a perfect book by any means, but it wasn't a bad run.

It doesn't surprise me that Marvel caved to the bullies. They have done it before and they'll do it again. I'm sure they learned some lessons from this, but probably not the right ones.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Snoop Dogg View Post
    Is that four creator kerfuffles from the ResurXXXtentacion saga? Syaf, Bunn, Hallum, and Grace? Am I forgetting somethin'? Although Bunn and the Hopester didn't start a **** blizzard on Twitter.
    What happened with Bunn?

I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rosebunse View Post
    I think Sina Grace had a hard job with Iceman. I mean, Bobby wasn't even allowed to come out by himself; Jean Grye forced him because...why? It just left a bsd taste in my mouth. But Grace did his best and by the end of his run, I could see Bobby as a gay man. He was fine. It wasn't a perfect book by any means, but it wasn't a bad run.

It doesn't surprise me that Marvel caved to the bullies. They have done it before and they'll do it again. I'm sure they learned some lessons from this, but probably not the right ones.
    I remember a story about a writer who was harrassed then fired. Where do they think it will lead?

I don't know why but the X-Men line seems to suffers the most with editorial nonsense. Any theory?

We had great talent as Milligan, Brubaker, Fraction, Lemire, Bendis... and not one had a great run. Even big gun Morrison complained about editorial. And, well, they kicked Claremont in favor of Jim Lee.

Only in satellite titles as X-Factor or X-Force things seem to work since the 2000s.

Extraordinary Member Silver Fang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    What happened with Bunn?
    Well Bunn had a history of disrespect with the X-Office. Not only was he a writer constantly getting the squeeze by editorial, but subsequent writers / editors often ignored anything that happened in his works.

Toward the middle or end of Blue, he did an interview where he outright stated he didn't want to write Blue, but did so because Mark Pan. told him it was that or nothing & with his Uncanny run cancelled, all of his plans for the series were gutted.

Then it was state on his social media that he wouldn't be on the X-books again for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruce Wayne View Post
    What happened with Bunn?
    Bunn was on X-Men Blue. Hopeless was on Jean Grey. Both got their planned stories cucked by editorial for a Venom crossover, Phoenix Res, and Extermination. They talked about it on their podcast a few months ago. Odd how non-pissed they were. Not a tear shed. We need new episodes!
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by mreddie View Post
    Ironically, the best thing they could have done would be not end the line with Disassembled, but give everyone 7 more months until Hickman arrived (replacing Blue with a Cyclops led team). Instead, they panicked and we got the disaster that was/are Disassembled, Rosenberg's run and Aoxm (the latter might even be entertaining for many, but sales-wise is an epic fail).

Extraordinary Member Omega Alpha's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post
    I don't know why but the X-Men line seems to suffers the most with editorial nonsense. Any theory?

We had great talent as Milligan, Brubaker, Fraction, Lemire, Bendis... and not one had a great run. Even big gun Morrison complained about editorial. And, well, they kicked Claremont in favor of Jim Lee.

Only in satellite titles as X-Factor or X-Force things seem to work since the 2000s.
    The problem is too much success in the past often leads editors to be both unwilling to take risks and wanting to go back to status quo because they feel is.a safer net since it worked in the past and/or childhood nostalgia. And of course since House of M, but, most notably, around the Schism era, the effects of the CompleX started kicking in.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ermac View Post

To be fair to editorial, I think the X-Men are a hard book to write. You have a very large core cast, then you havethe fact that every writer has their pet characters and their own agendas, the editors have those too, and then you have the real fact that X-Men history is so convoluted and bizzare...

Add to that now that even, like, ten years ago, Marvel began to move away from them as their main breadwinner. For years the X-Men were THE Marvel title, but for the past fifteen years or so, that as slowly gone to other, less cumbersome titles.

Marvel has simply not known what to do with the X-Men, line that is so freaking large that it could very well be completely divorced from the larger Marvel landscape. Now consider all the normal weird things that can happen on a book and there you go.

The editors seem to have their own ideas of where these books should go, but unlike in other Marvel titles, this doesn't actually seem that well thought out or discussed.