Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sifighter View Post
    Sounds like his new movie is going to get a little messy.
    m.ign.com/articles/2014/05/24/how-x-men-apocalypse-will-be-like-a-roland-emmerich-disaster-movie

Although if it is like that it's going to be a pretty awesome movie in my opinion.
    http://m.ign.com/articles/2014/05/24...disaster-movie

Don't know why the link didn't work but thank you.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Don't know why the link didn't work but thank you.
    You are welcome. The link you posted has to go in between (url) insert link here (/url). Use brackets [ ] instead of parentheses ( ).
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-24-2014 at 02:32 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rising7 View Post
    I see some potential there. If the Cold War aspect is played up, maybe he could lead Genosha or an Akkaba city-state as a third superpower, or a nation that the two superpowers are courting or invading.
    yeah that would be sweet
    maybe ussr and USA combine efforts to send nuclear strikes to his prosperous and powerful country online for it do to no harm. Apocalypse rises from the bombings sending his four horseman to the two power countries while also responding with seismic blasts to populated cities. The world watches helplessly in devestation and the X-men are the only hope to respond.

I wonder what type if Apocalypse we will see in the movie, will it be the small young one from the end credits or will we get the huge burly one from the comics and every other media we see him in?

I wonder what type if Apocalypse we will see in the movie, will it be the small young one from the end credits or will we get the huge burly one from the comics and every other media we see him in?
    I think it was stated that Apocalypse would be recast as someone who's a lot older in the 1980's than the one they showed in Ancient Egypt after the credits. Makes sense.

The Best There Is berserkerclaw's Avatar

Im thinking both. the after credit scene is in ancient Eqypt after all. the movie takes place in the 80's so it depends on if they will use his "Apocalypse Armor. cause En Sabuh Nur looked perfect in that scene Gray skin and blue lips.I Personally wont be bothered if he doesnt have the armor. though if they find a way to make sense of it without going Celestials then cool, i have a felling Singer may not want to introduc space gods. Or Fox doesnt have rights to the Celestials lol
    X-Men Forever

That's a good question lol. Does FOX have the rights to the Celestials? That opens up a lot more pathways.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Thank you for this. Apocalypse is an awesome villain. I'd like him to become a hero someday though.
    Really? Apocalypse has been presented as nothing but pure evil for a long while now. It would be odd for the genocidal dictator who ruled North America with an iron fist and destroyed Asia in AoA, to become a hero.

I think the thing with Apocalypse is, he is way cooler in other media, then he is in the comics. He always came off as more impressive and proactive in the various cartoons and video games he has appeared in, then in the comics themselves. Hopeful he will be he impressive in his film debut.

I think Genesis would be considered the Hero version of Apocalypse, although he's only a teenager.

Astonishing Member

I think Genesis would be considered the Hero version of Apocalypse, although he's only a teenager.
    Sure but that is Apocalypse reincarnated as a kid, I could buy Apocalypse as a child, being raised differently becoming heroic. But the adult Apocalypse we are more familiar with, the one who has grown into a power mad genocidal psychopath? I don't see him switching sides, you may as well have Red Skull and Bullseye become heroes as well. You could take almost any evil villain as child and raise him or her to be a good person, but then he or she would be a different person, not really the same character as before.

Quote Originally Posted by The Overlord View Post
    Sure but that is Apocalypse reincarnated as a kid, I could buy Apocalypse as a child, being raised differently becoming heroic. But the adult Apocalypse we are more familiar with, the one who has grown into a power mad genocidal psychopath? I don't see him switching sides, you may as well have Red Skull and Bullseye become heroes as well. You could take almost any evil villain as child and raise him or her to be a good person, but then he or she would be a different person, not really the same character as before.
    Oh no doubt, the only reason the Apocalypse we know would do anything go is if it benefited him or was against what he wanted. But as for the whole Genesis argument, I think even the comics are trying to decide if nurture is over nature as we decide if Evan will one day become Apocalypse or not. Although I personally like Evan a lot and enjoy seeing him in WATX.

Ultimate Member

http://www.comicbookmovie.com/fansit...news/?a=100617

Straight from the horse's mouth. That scene was just a tease and we'll be getting a different kind of Apocalypse in the next movie. Speaking of horses, I wonder who the Horsemen will be? I have my theory, but I'm curious to see if it turns out to be right.
    Last edited by Punisher007; 05-24-2014 at 08:52 PM.

Can Someone please list all the apocalypse Origin comic issues ?

All Issues that go into detail about early apocalypse ?

Quote Originally Posted by Shane Shooter View Post
    Can Someone please list all the apocalypse Origin comic issues ?

All Issues that go into detail about early apocalypse ?

Rise of Apocalypse #1-4 (1996)

apocalypse birth up to 17 years old

Marvel Comics: En Sabah Nur/Apocalypse Explained