Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by fin5 View Post
    I was scanning the Previews for September.It looks like i lot of comics shipping.Do you find marvel is shipping to much and there should be a limit to how many comics should ship?
    Well, who decides how many titles Marvel is allowed to ship?

If Marvel has to cut the number of books it ships, which ones does Marvel not print / ship?

What if what Marvel doesn't ship is the book that somebody really was looking forward to more than any other?

Why can't people decide for themselves what they should or should not buy from Marvel?

Do you feel a needless, irrational compulsion to buy EVERYTHING that Marvel produces?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
    It's all R & D for Marvel Studios
    Comics are a loss leader. Movies and merch is where the big money is at. Disney streaming channel needs stories from somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Crimz View Post
    I likely never would have gotten the comic I wanted for a long time under a smaller line.

I welcome the greater amount of choice.
    That's the thing I like about a larger line, it gives more opportunities to characters to get a spotlight.

I do think there is a point at which you do spread the readers too thin, and Marvel may be about at that limit. but generally I think the more the merrier, and that way readers can find something in the lineup that appeals to them, even if other stuff is of no interest whatsoever.

Publishers need room for their money-makers and room for experimentation. Books ending doesn't change that.
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

No reason the line needs to be contained enough for a single reader to reasonably read all of them.

Take Me Higher The Negative Zone's Avatar
    Earth. (Unless I've been kidnapped by Skrulls)

We're expected to buy every single Marvel comic that comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by The Negative Zone View Post
    We're expected to buy every single Marvel comic that comes out?
    I'm sure Marvel would appreciate it if you did.

And one every cover for all those variants!

Considering I tend to buy monthlies about favorite C- and D-Listers, I'd hate to see Marvel focus only on their most popular characters.

But then again, I can't wrap my head around why anyone would want less comics made.

-Pav, who buys what he can...
    You were Spider-Man then. You and Peter had agreed on it. But he came back right when you started feeling comfortable.
    You know what it means when he comes back

"You're not the better one, Peter. You're just older."
    --------------------
    Closet full of comics? Consider donating to my school! DM for details

4 dollars per comic is a lot. Just buy the comic that is good and leave the rest. I subscribe to MU, it's worth the 65 a year.

Astonishing Member

More than anything, I've found it harder to know when things are due out over the last few years, solicits could do with a shake up for me, I'd like an alphabetical list at the start with the on sale date, then description afterwards

I find I miss books i might otherwise jump on so just never try them

I like that there are a lot of books to choose from. AS others have stated. It gives lesser known characters a chance to get books.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Yes there are too many good books and that is a good thing.
    Baby Thanos

Except for a couple one shots there isn't a whole lot of books, that Marvel is publishing, that I really want to buy.
    Last edited by Mike; 06-30-2019 at 04:44 AM.

Baby Thanos Member catbellysqueezer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    And I wish ONE of those books looked interesting enough for me to want to buy.
    But NO!
    Did you ever just try getting a book that doesn't stand out to you?

I never knew anything about or cared about the characters Hawkeye (Kate Bishop) or Jessica Jones, but I got those series by Kelly Thompson and they were very entertaining. I also tried the digital Cloak and Dagger without knowing anything and also enjoyed that. Same with Unstoppable Wasp.

For comparison, comics that I enjoy the most are Venom, Hulk, Guardians of the Galaxy, Cosmic Ghost Rider, etc. so they aren't series that someone would be able to predict that I would like.
    Baby Thanos

Spectacular Member

it has reached the point where i am having to do the math to figure out which to pick up and which not but i like that. i would rather be spoiled for choice than not.