Thread: Stake Claiming?

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Default Stake Claiming?

Have a question:

Is it stake claiming to start a thread several days before the new issue comes out by starting a thread that says " (Comic book issue #) Preview and Review" ?

I'd have to say yes, based purely on the fact that adding "review" to the title before the issue is actually out presumes that that's the thread to go to. Personally, I think it's reasonable to keep them separate, as not everyone buys and/or reads issues immediately on Wednesdays, and some might benefit from a spoiler free preview thread even after the comic is out.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Yes, I was thinking the same thing. I've seen people doing this but I don't know if this is reportable thing or not

I wouldn't say it's set in stone, I know some people use the same thread for both the preview and review. Much as I would prefer they were separate, it's a minor issue that's not worth reporting as mods have bigger fish to fry. I wouldn't consider it intentional stake claiming the same way someone might start a thread and just write "I didn't see this as a topic, so I decided to start a thread" as their post, which is just a sad way to start one.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 06-30-2019 at 02:53 PM.
    Conn Seanery
    CBR Forums Administrator ~ Ron Swansonite ~ Brock Samson will show us the way
    THE CBR COMMUNITY STANDARDS & RULES ~ Know them. Follow them. Love them.

"Hnh. Could Bowie have been a mutant?" ~Dr. Doom (Hellfire Gala 2022)

Quote Originally Posted by Conn Seanery View Post
    I wouldn't say it's set in stone, I know some people use the same thread for both the preview and review. Much as I would prefer they were separate, it's a minor issue that's not worth reporting as mods have bigger fish to fry. I wouldn't consider it intentional stake claiming the same way someone might start a thread and just write "I didn't see this as a topic, so I decided to start a thread" as their post, which is just a sad way to start one.
    Thanks for your input. I've sent you a PM also