Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gog vs Thanos

BANNED

Default Gog vs Thanos

How would Thanos fair against Gog from the kingdom

Most recent Thanos
    Last edited by Mider2009; 06-29-2019 at 11:12 AM.

I was like suuuper sure this was going to be a spite thread based on the title. Pleasantly surprised it was just a typo =)

Gog was pretty beastly in terms of raw stats. I seem to remember the Phantom Zone projector only warped away a layer of skin instead of his whole body.

Not sure he has any real telepathy feats though?
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

God or gog? Lol

BANNED

Sigh....damn auto correct

Gog from the comic the kingdom...not God

Also I don’t recall his TK feats if any, I think they got rid of his whole arm no But he regrew it no?

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    Sigh....damn auto correct

Gog from the comic the kingdom...not God

Also I don’t recall his TK feats if any, I think they got rid of his whole arm no But he regrew it no?
    Nope, just a bit of skin. The arm was intact otherwise. It's pretty bonkers.

Specifically, I dont recall anything that suggests Gog is somehow immune to having his brain shut off with telepathy.
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Gog has nanosecond reaction time, right? So he's gonna be landing attacks first at least.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    Gog has nanosecond reaction time, right? So he's gonna be landing attacks first at least.
    He did have a whole "I see you before you move" thing happening against Flash. It felt a little off compared to the rest of his scenes, but I guess the character has barely any showings right?
    Last edited by The Arbiter; 06-30-2019 at 12:52 PM.
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    He did have a whole "I see you before you move" thing happening against Flash. It felt a little off compared to the rest of his scenes, but I guess the character has barely any showings right?
    I vaguely recall something with him chasing the kryptonian crowd and them having a nanosecond lead. could be wrong though.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Morgan View Post
    I vaguely recall something with him chasing the kryptonian crowd and them having a nanosecond lead. could be wrong though.
    Just took a peek at some respect thread stuff.

One character "steps between nanoseconds" to sneak up on Gog saying "I hope it's enough!". This is right after Gog beats Flash. Unclear on how it resolves.
    - big_adventure

Any resistance against transmutation?

I don't see Thanos winning by sheer brute force, so it may just depend on to each one's esoteric abilities and resistances.

Can Gog put out more damage than Odin's Gungnir? It'd take around Skyfather-level power to put down Thanos.

TP resistance feats for Gog? If none, Thanos will hold up plenty fine until he employs TP for a win.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

OK yeah, other people claim he moves at the speed of light, so they send in someone faster (the Flash) who Gog casually tracks and blasts. He then catches someone using time tech to try and move even faster and get him between Nanoseconds, and tags him. So he's blitzing for sure.

He also one shots Mister Mxyzptlk. And can absorb powers Amazo style. So... yeah, I think he wins this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Sophicles View Post
    Any resistance against transmutation?
    Why? Does Thanos have transmutation feats I’m unaware of?

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    Why? Does Thanos have transmutation feats I’m unaware of?
    Way back in Avengers vs Thanos...Thanos turns a Skrull into stone IIRC.
    "Sir, does this mean that Ann Margret's not coming?"
    ----------------------
    "One of the maddening but beautiful things about comics is that you have to give characters a sense of change without changing them so much that they violate the essence of who they are." ~ Ann Nocenti, Chris Claremont's X-Men.

Quote Originally Posted by Cronus View Post
    Way back in Avengers vs Thanos...Thanos turns a Skrull into stone IIRC.
    You are correct. He accomplished it off panel however. *shrugs*
    - big_adventure