View Poll Results: We the jury find the Defendant, Scott Summers, to be...

Voters
133. You may not vote on this poll
  • Guilty of Murder in the First (or Second) Degree

13 9.77%
  • Guilty of Voluntary (or Involuntary) Manslaughter

13 9.77%
  • Not Guilty by way of Self-Defense

25 18.80%
  • Not Guilty by reason of Insanity

62 46.62%
  • Not Guilty (Other)

20 15.04%
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I think a lot of people here are forgetting that Wolverine has had the Phoenix force himself. He has more first had knowledge of it than Cyclops.

AND Spider-man was the one that talked Wolverine-Phoenix down when he was about to go Dark Phoenix.

Also, I'd dismiss Cable's statements as Cable has a history of giving people misleading statements and half truths, and while he said Cyclops will have to make a hard decision and do the right thing, at no point does he say what that decision is or what the "right thing" Cyclops is supposed to do is.
    He had a small fragment, and went insane almost immediately.

Hope manifested a Phoenix raptor at a day old. It was clear what she was supposed to do from the word go.

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

The Defense would like to remind the Court that prior to inadvertently inheriting the Rasputins' powers as a direct consequence of Peter Parker's calculated meddling, the Defendant had shown no Phoenix-hoarding or homicidal tendencies during the conflict which led to the death of one Charles Francis Xavier. Bringing up the true architect behind the victim's demise isn't exactly helping the Prosecution's cause.

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    The Defense would like to remind the Court that prior to inadvertently inheriting the Rasputins' powers as a direct consequence of Peter Parker's calculated meddling, the Defendant had shown no Phoenix-hoarding or homicidal tendencies during the conflict which led to the death of one Charles Francis Xavier. Bringing up the true architect behind the victim's demise isn't exactly helping the Prosecution's cause.
    So he showed resistance to the Pheonix's mind fog, and any murdering actions he may have taken were.of his free will, and notca firey space chickens?

Embrace the fluff FluffyCyclopsRLZ's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ptrvc View Post
    So he showed resistance to the Pheonix's mind fog, and any murdering actions he may have taken were.of his free will, and notca firey space chickens?
    The "true architect" comment was a reference to Mr. Parker using his Phoenix talking-down powers to set up a chain of events which led to the victim's death rather than help defuse an already volatile situation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm forgetting the exact issue, but I'm pretty sure Unit hinted towards seeing a phoenix host with their five lights before and making way for evolution. Honestly, I'm fuzzy on the details as I don't exactly remember. Hopefully someone does.

Either way, Cable told Scott that he needed to protect Hope and ensure she fulfills her destiny in order to prevent a horrible future. So, as far as we know, Scott did what he needed to.

Why exactly should Cable's vision of the future be taken as being correct. There are multiple, infinite possible futures, why was that one suppose to be accepted as definitive? Just because his son told him that he had to act he just did it, never questioned never doubted. Honestly I don't think he was ever going to alter course, he was set on his mission irregardless of what Hope wanted.

Astonishing Member TheDeadSpace's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The tall man View Post
    Why exactly should Cable's vision of the future be taken as being correct. There are multiple, infinite possible futures, why was that one suppose to be accepted as definitive? Just because his son told him that he had to act he just did it, never questioned never doubted. Honestly I don't think he was ever going to alter course, he was set on his mission irregardless of what Hope wanted.
    Well, Blaquesmith is the one that told Cable about the events that led to this future. So, in that regard, it isn't as biased of a view as implicated. Also, if we are going to question the validity of time travelers and the integrity of their actions, there are quite a few characters that will benefit significantly less than Cable. Also, to be fair, Scott is acting on trust here. Something Cap did with Logan. So, if this is considered as a strike against Scott, it should be considered the same for Cap.
    Last edited by TheDeadSpace; 07-02-2019 at 05:11 PM.
    "This is starting to sound like a bad comic book plot"
    -Spider-man

“Evil is evil...lesser, greater, middling, it's all the same."
    -Geralt of Rivia

Quote Originally Posted by TheDeadSpace View Post
    I'm forgetting the exact issue, but I'm pretty sure Unit hinted towards seeing a phoenix host with their five lights before and making way for evolution. Honestly, I'm fuzzy on the details as I don't exactly remember. Hopefully someone does.

Either way, Cable told Scott that he needed to protect Hope and ensure she fulfills her destiny in order to prevent a horrible future. So, as far as we know, Scott did what he needed to.

Yup. Hope needed her Lights, if the contact had been in Utopia it would have worked well, being on the Moon it failed.

Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    I agree .. was just messin’ with ya.
    Well played.

Quote Originally Posted by BitParallel View Post
    But it’s wrong to assume that the avengers shouldn’t have intervened. It is their duty to protect the earth and the Phoenix was coming. Moreover, Wolverine plead to them so it only makes sense that they join forces. Now, if Cyclops had trusted the Avengers, **** would probably have been okay. Cyclops was the one refusing to cooperate and threw the first fit. The blame is on him.

I know CA came in with full force but the avengers were only going to defend, it was never an offence.
    I am not arguing that they shouldn't have intervened, simply that their intervention led to Scott's unwillingly hosting the PF; it wasn't that they approached the Utopian X-Men about the PF, it was how they did so.

Wolverine was hardly an unbiased party, Cap could've gone to Storm who also had dual-memberships (if memory serves).

Your argument, that Scott should've just done as the Avengers said, is sadly not realistic. That first attack you mention? Scott had to make a tactical decision after Cap made it clear that he wasn't taking no for an answer - he correctly deduced that Cap had backup lying in wait and that blast was a clarion call and warning to his team.

A claim of defense would work if the Avengers hadn't been the ones to show up at someone else's doorstep with a massive force, lying in wait to spring a surprise assault at a moments notice. They approached the Utopian X-Men, they made the first move.

Had the Avengers not intervened, we wouldn't be worrying about if Cyclops had killed Xavier or not because the entire planet would be destroyed.

Cyclops sought it for somebody that he believed would do what he said and would accomplish what he wanted to accomplish. So he might not have wanted t be Phoenix himself, he clearly wanted the Phoenix's power for his own use.

He wanted it to the point where he was ignoring the wishes of the person that he wanted to be Phoenix, other people that have had experience with Phoenix, and the the very actions of the Phoenix itself.
    How would the Avengers' absence result in the planet being destroyed? Regardless, the main charge is the murder of Xavier, and the Avengers' actions directly led to the necessary environment for that to occur.

His own use? How does setting "No More Mutants" right for his own use? Everyone shared his hopes about Hope and the Phoenix until it was necessary not to.

Was there a point before Phoenix possession where Scott was ignoring all of these things? The Phoenix destroying planets on its way is hardly something he wouldn't take into account, but there was no reason to believe that it was going to do so to earth. And in what world would Scott jeopardize the safety of the planet he and his people inhabit?

Quote Originally Posted by KangMiRae View Post
    God, Beast and Wolverine are the WORST fucking X-Men, lmao.
    Wasn't Beast also put on trial? For jaywalking or something? I'm sure that went well.

I think a lot of people here are forgetting that Wolverine has had the Phoenix force himself. He has more first had knowledge of it than Cyclops.

AND Spider-man was the one that talked Wolverine-Phoenix down when he was about to go Dark Phoenix.

Also, I'd dismiss Cable's statements as Cable has a history of giving people misleading statements and half truths, and while he said Cyclops will have to make a hard decision and do the right thing, at no point does he say what that decision is or what the "right thing" Cyclops is supposed to do is.
    Ah, but what's the full context for Wolverine having the PF?

Also, Cable's statement about "hard decisions" seems to me to be a vote of confidence in Scott's leadership. Certainly Cable isn't completely unbiased, but I think that matters.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by FluffyCyclopsRLZ View Post
    Objection! Mr Parker was clearly justified and acting in defense of third parties. His ‘meddling’ was necessary to stop the senseless slaughter of countless innocent whales!

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    Wasn't Beast also put on trial? For jaywalking or something? I'm sure that went well.
    His intervention was a joke.

Man, this topic reminded me what a mess AvsX was. So much of basic logic has to be forgotten in order for the story to work.

Also, Aaron's Logan is one of the worse x-characters ever. The character was so damaged it had to die and go to character rehab.

Quote Originally Posted by Hizashi View Post
    They banished him to the worst possible place, Uncanny Inhumans.