View Poll Results: What grade would you give Nick Spencer's first year on Amazing Spider-Man?

Voters
59. You may not vote on this poll
  • A+; this isn't just one of the best Spider-Man runs ever but one of the best comic books ever

5 8.47%
  • A: Excellent. A highlight of the character/ Modern Marvel

27 45.76%
  • B: Good. There has been better stuff but it's worth checking out

22 37.29%
  • C: Just okay. Worth reading/ buying at steep discount.

2 3.39%
  • D: Mediocre. There's worse comics out there, but why bother?

1 1.69%
  • F: Terrible. Marvel shouldn't have published it.

0 0%
  • N/A: Haven't read it yet/ refuse to do so.

2 3.39%
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by DanMad1977 View Post
    Its way better than Slotts run, but i have the feeling i have already read every Spider-Man story ever told. Clearly thats not the writers fault, there is only so much you can do with a character for 50 years.

I am annoyed by always bringing the same villain back. The Lizard is boring as hell, Kraven is back though he had the best endings in Kravens last hunt, the Vulture should died of cancer a long time ago and so on...
    I was advocating that Marvel should mix their characters up by moving Spider-Man's rogues to other Editorial Departments for characters like The Shadowking, Mystique, The Taskmaster, and Dr. Minerva. Imagine The Lizard working alongside the Morlocks?

There is just too much segregation with Marvels characters. I would love to see The Lizard working with Sharon and Doc Ock working with Omega Red...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    I was advocating that Marvel should mix their characters up by moving Spider-Man's rogues to other Editorial Departments for characters like The Shadowking, Mystique, The Taskmaster, and Dr. Minerva. Imagine The Lizard working alongside the Morlocks?

There is just too much segregation with Marvels characters. I would love to see The Lizard working with Sharon and Doc Ock working with Omega Red...
    Well Elctro caused the prison breakout back in NA 1 spiderman made some crack about he knew on of his guys caused it. Luke Cage responds with something like you know you are not responsible for these guys. It is crazy that even characters who tread the same turf don't swap foes that often.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by pageturner View Post
    Well Elctro caused the prison breakout back in NA 1 spiderman made some crack about he knew on of his guys caused it. Luke Cage responds with something like you know you are not responsible for these guys. It is crazy that even characters who tread the same turf don't swap foes that often.
    What would be cool to see is Marlon as a member of The Hellfire Club. I would love to see Spider-Man up against The Red Queen as this could reveal a side to his Spider-Sense that we have never seen before..