Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

That's true. Do you have anyone in mind that would be a good fit for getting control of the Guild and deal with the various factors that can come into play there? There's obviously a lot they have to learn to deal with on the fly, and I feel like the problem with being a single heroic mortal who amasses that much influence in the Guild is that you also become something of a tempting single point of failure for it.
    Keeping it to mortals just to stay in the flavour of the Guild, as it were, Batman would do pretty well for that. Also has the sense to deal with the single point of failure thing by instead carving out a seat on its ruling council and just manipulating the other seat holders, as it were.
    Last edited by Pendaran; 07-02-2019 at 06:14 PM.

Friendship's Shockwave BitVyper's Avatar

I could see that, though I feel like he might have some trouble perpetuating some of the Guild's more heinous actions for the sake of charade. The guild is pretty heavily involved with Deshan's whole cartoonish drug-slavery thing, I think? Then again, the Realm doesn't even like Deshan IIRC, so it might not be as hard to disentangle that as it appears.

Then again, I don't really know what Batman is like so far as ends-justifying-the-means
    I swim through a sea of stars
    Without looking back to shore
    Faster than light, bending time

Forever
    Wherever

It varies, but in general he's capable of maintaining the various cover identities he spies on the criminal underworld with despite having to sometimes witness varyingly terrible things so as not to drop cover, as it were. If he could reconcile it to himself in that sense, he could probably grit his teeth/suck it up while working to slowly disentangle the Guild from its most heinous practices/use its economic leverage to make substantial quality of life improvements in various areas it has power/use its influence to do something like strengthen the unity of the Scavenger Lands via economic ties between its nations and cities while slowly nudging them into falling into order behind Lookshy, that kind of thing.