Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Star Fleet came up with weapons that the Borg couldn't handle in Voyager and that time travel movie. The various Empires of the MU would have little problem. Only Q is a problem until he runs into someone like the Living Tribunal.

If Q was smart and wanted the Borg to actually be a threat (To those not Cosmic), he should just grab up one ship at a time from various space-faring species and feed them to the Borg to let them assimilate and adapt to each before going on the offensive. Even a sample of the Phalanx could be made passive enough for the Borg to assimilate and vastly improve themselves.

Quote Originally Posted by Dalak View Post
    If Q was smart and wanted the Borg to actually be a threat (To those not Cosmic), he should just grab up one ship at a time from various space-faring species and feed them to the Borg to let them assimilate and adapt to each before going on the offensive. Even a sample of the Phalanx could be made passive enough for the Borg to assimilate and vastly improve themselves.
    The Q can move up and down timelines with great ease, so they should be able to get a good understanding of what the MU is all about.

With Q help, Borg fascination with Omega Molecules could be replaced by cosmic cubes.

So yes, I agree, if they work together strategically, the Borg become massively dangerous.

Samples of Galactus technology? Samples of Watcher tech? Stranger tech? Celestial tech? Von Doom cosmic absorption tech?

The Borg need to lay low while the Q covertly scout around, acquire stuff for the Borg, and build them up with cosmic tech. Then they both finally let it rip.

What happens when the Q learn about Marvel Earth's super-people? How many reality-warping mutants does 616 have?

Franklin Richards and David Haller could be getting Borg nanoprobes instantly Q-ported into their bodies. Nearly the entire super-population of earth could be assimilated in this way.

An assimilated Reed Richards and/or Victor Von Doom could be highly significant.

Same with 616's star empires, where Q could instantly replicate and teleport nanoprobes into everyone's bodies. Any physical being in the universe that can be assimilated could be Borgified via these means. Leaving only the cosmics and beings immune to assimilation.

The Q have many, many options in regard to how they're going to utilize the Borg in this scenario. With the Q using a little basic strategy, things can get very, very dangerous for the 616 cosmics.

It also works to the Q advantage that the 616 cosmics don't have the best record in regard to early warning detection. Not uncommon for them to fail to marshall their forces until the opposition (Thanos, whoever) is fully armed and ready to go.
    Last edited by Shai-Hulud; 07-01-2019 at 08:19 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    The Q can move up and down timelines with great ease, so they should be able to get a good understanding of what the MU is all about.

With Q help, Borg fascination with Omega Molecules could be replaced by cosmic cubes.

So yes, I agree, if they work together strategically, the Borg become massively dangerous.

Samples of Galactus technology? Samples of Watcher tech? Stranger tech? Celestial tech? Von Doom cosmic absorption tech?

The Borg need to lay low while the Q covertly scout around, acquire stuff for the Borg, and build them up with cosmic tech. Then they both finally let it rip.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    What happens when the Q learn about Marvel Earth's super-people? How many reality-warping mutants does 616 have?

Franklin Richards and David Haller could be getting Borg nanoprobes instantly Q-ported into their bodies. Nearly the entire super-population of earth could be assimilated in this way.

An assimilated Reed Richards and/or Victor Von Doom could be highly significant.

Same with 616's star empires, where Q could instantly replicate and teleport nanoprobes into everyone's bodies. Any physical being in the universe that can be assimilated could be Borgified via these means. Leaving only the cosmics and beings immune to assimilation.

The Q have many, many options in regard to how they're going to utilize the Borg in this scenario. With the Q using a basic strategy and tactics, things can get very, very dangerous for the 616 cosmics.

It also works to the Q advantage that the 616 cosmics don't have the best record in regard to early warning detection. A lot of times they don't get their act together until the opposition (Thanos, whoever) is fully armed and ready to go.
    The Borg don't even need to worry about raw materials thanks to how Nanoprobes work to restructure their tech and the Q continuum's ability to create anything from nothing, so as long as they don't go out of their way to cause trouble (And the Q say no to PreCogs) there'll be little to no warning to the universe at large before they have assimilated samples of everything they want to and are ready to strike.

The Weeping Mod Sharpandpointies's Avatar

Fair warning that Current Strange is beginning to approach his Classic levels of power.
    Why are we here?

"Superboy Prime (the yelling guy if he needs clarification)..." - Postmania
    "...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Fair warning that Current Strange is beginning to approach his Classic levels of power.
    *tears of joy*
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    *tears of joy*
    Also, the writers seem to be vaguely heading back in the direction of Classic Sorcery with twists.

Which means the series will be cancelled and another one will start with Stephen losing his magic, finding new 'edgy' magic, and so forth. :P
    Why are we here?

"...dropping an orca whale made of fire on your enemies is a pretty strong opening move." - Nik
    "Why throw punches when you can be making everyone around you sterile mutant corpses?" - Pendaran, regarding Dr. Fate

Quote Originally Posted by Sharpandpointies View Post
    Also, the writers seem to be vaguely heading back in the direction of Classic Sorcery with twists.

Which means the series will be cancelled and another one will start with Stephen losing his magic, finding new 'edgy' magic, and so forth. :P
    LOL oh goodie. What's hilarious is that even in the run we are talking about, there is a line where Strange is thinking to himself "How many times have I lost my magic just to get it back? Sigh" :P
    "At the end of the day, Arby is a pretty prolific poster proposing a plurality of proper posts for us."
    - big_adventure

Quote Originally Posted by The Arbiter View Post
    LOL oh goodie. What's hilarious is that even in the run we are talking about, there is a line where Strange is thinking to himself "How many times have I lost my magic just to get it back? Sigh" :P
    I loved that. It clearly shows even the character is aware of this. ^_^ Maybe the writers have learned something.

...okay, they have. Problem: they'll put a new writer on it who decides he has a 'cool' idea.
    Why are we here?

Astonishing Member

If Q just appeared and went back into the time of the Earth's creation and zapped it:

1. What could current players do if their Earth in the 616 universe is gone? They wouldn't even exist.
    2. Might other MU Earth time lines and their players notice and act?
    3. The rest of the MU players are still in the game and the cosmics might have a chance. However, the time zap tactic can take out many. Galen - gone. NO SS. You would have to deal with those around from the Big Bang on and existing at that time. Or else, you get cut at your creation moment.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If Q just appeared and went back into the time of the Earth's creation and zapped it:

1. What could current players do if their Earth in the 616 universe is gone? They wouldn't even exist.
    2. Might other MU Earth time lines and their players notice and act?
    3. The rest of the MU players are still in the game and the cosmics might have a chance. However, the time zap tactic can take out many. Galen - gone. NO SS. You would have to deal with those around from the Big Bang on and existing at that time. Or else, you get cut at your creation moment.
    Nah, that would explicitly fail on a few levels...

Notably Reed Richards has protected his and the FF's timelines at a level that nobody can mess with. They are literally signed and sealed to make them uneditable. Not Doom, not the TVA, not high end cosmics...

So "no more Earth" isn't a thing Q can do.

Also, doing that kind of thing with the usual Q-level lack of subtlety will attract the attention of the TVA. And Q doesn't really want that.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Astonishing Member

How did Reed do that? Sorry, I don't keep up on the FF. sounds like the no-limits fallacy. So TOAA can't do that? Wait till some writer wants it to happen and then it will.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    How did Reed do that? Sorry, I don't keep up on the FF. sounds like the no-limits fallacy. So TOAA can't do that? Wait till some writer wants it to happen and then it will.
    Yeah, TOAA could probably break Reed's encryption, fair enough. But Q and TOAA are orders of magnitude apart.

And Reed did that just like he does lots of things: by being Reed "Thug Life 4 Eva" Richards. Believe the hype, yo, because...

"But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Notably Reed Richards has protected his and the FF's timelines at a level that nobody can mess with. They are literally signed and sealed to make them uneditable. Not Doom, not the TVA, not high end cosmics...
    Yeah, I don't belive that for a second.