Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    Yeah, I don't belive that for a second.
    Yeah, are we talking timeline or Earth? I ask because even after their return, twice now they had to work save the Earth, and one of those times was just a filler issue (a decent one, though, but the fact that it's filler goes to show how routine it is for the FF to face world-ending threats).

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    If the Q are truly omnipotent, then its a stalemate as it boils down to a single Q VS TOAA.

Here's the problem.

There's only a single TOAA.

But there's a whole continuum worth of Q. Yes, the Q are a civilization. Not an individual.
    *point at CelestialS*

Who cares if Reed's timeline is protected or not?

The Q wouldn't erase Reed from existence, they'd teleport Borg nanoprobes into the Fantastic Four and assimilate them. Reed and Franklin would make awesome additions to the collective.

Imagine the upgrades the Borg would get from an assimilated Reed Richards....

Quote Originally Posted by Mider2009 View Post
    True but they were being killed by other Q, I always understood it like this, they can only die when another Q messes with there powers, during the civil war, Q’s chicks powers weren’t working. Also the Q Quinn couldn’t kill himself until Q de powered him.

HAVING SAID THAT....the Pah Wraiths scare em and the wormhole aliens told Q to F off in a recent Star Trek mini series
    But in terms of canon, the Wormhole aliens and the Pah Wraiths are third rate compared to the Q. It was established that even the Federation had the means to kill the Wormhole aliens.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Smith View Post
    If Q just appeared and went back into the time of the Earth's creation and zapped it:

1. What could current players do if their Earth in the 616 universe is gone? They wouldn't even exist.
    2. Might other MU Earth time lines and their players notice and act?
    3. The rest of the MU players are still in the game and the cosmics might have a chance. However, the time zap tactic can take out many. Galen - gone. NO SS. You would have to deal with those around from the Big Bang on and existing at that time. Or else, you get cut at your creation moment.
    The Q tend to get underestimated because people focus on raw power. This or that comic book cosmic has destroyed galaxies with an energy blast and the Q have maybe star going super nova level energy blasts. But the Q juggle three or more realities and timelines, playing them like a chess master as the timelines affect or don't affect each other as the Q wish. They play with the afterlife. They go back and stop life from existing on Earth. Not an alternate timeline but not existing. They go back and hang out in the Big Bang and it's clear it isn't going to hurt them. Yes there are many Marvel cosmics who could hurt or even kill a Q. I'm just saying we tend to underestimate how dangerous they really are because we tend to picture Q and a Marvel cosmic standing in the arena equivalent of Dodge City and engaging in a straight shootout.
    Power with Girl is better.

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    The Q tend to get underestimated because people focus on raw power. This or that comic book cosmic has destroyed galaxies with an energy blast and the Q have maybe star going super nova level energy blasts. But the Q juggle three or more realities and timelines, playing them like a chess master as the timelines affect or don't affect each other as the Q wish. They play with the afterlife. They go back and stop life from existing on Earth. Not an alternate timeline but not existing. They go back and hang out in the Big Bang and it's clear it isn't going to hurt them. Yes there are many Marvel cosmics who could hurt or even kill a Q. I'm just saying we tend to underestimate how dangerous they really are because we tend to picture Q and a Marvel cosmic standing in the arena equivalent of Dodge City and engaging in a straight shootout.
    Just a nitpick but the stars going supernova was a side affect that seeped through the Q Continuum and into the regular verse. So a very small amount of the force was enough for stars to go supernova.

Quote Originally Posted by T51R View Post
    If the Q are truly omnipotent, then its a stalemate as it boils down to a single Q VS TOAA.

Here's the problem.

There's only a single TOAA.

But there's a whole continuum worth of Q. Yes, the Q are a civilization. Not an individual.
    Cue Jack Kirby punching infinite John de Lancies in the face.

At the same time.

BANNED

But in terms of canon, the Wormhole aliens and the Pah Wraiths are third rate compared to the Q. It was established that even the Federation had the means to kill the Wormhole aliens.
    Didn’t know that, then yeah they’re way below the Q.
    Last edited by Mider2009; 07-02-2019 at 09:24 PM.

BANNED

In the episode deathwish Q creates an exact duplicate of himself, pulls 3 people from three different people from three different eras in time. The other Q Quinn is asking for the continuum to grant him mortality as there’s no other way to do it.

Quinn tried escaping to the beginning of time and when Q found him Quinn shrunk the entire ship to sub atomic size. Q also taunts Janeway with being able to return her home light years away, enough lightyears that by trying to go there just by warp speed it would take 20 some years i believe.

Q also took Picard 700 thousand light years to meet the borg with a snap of his fingers, when the enterprise couldn’t handle the borg Picard begged Q to return them to known space and Q did

In another ep q was made human and was hunted by an race made out of pure energy, there was also a planet in danger of being hit by its moon. When Q regained his powers he basically shrank the energy beings holding them in the palm of his hands. And fixed the moon.

In another episode on DS9 he got pissed at a human woman who was refusing his advances and reminded her that if he wasn’t there to protect her in the past when she had been bitten by a spider. He started changing her as though she had been bitten and got sick and crippled and then returned her to perfect health.

I’m sure there’s cooler feats in the marvel universe but I thought these were pretty nifty

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

I sincerely doubt that trying to use nanoprobes against Franklin "Basically a Celestial" Richards is going to work very well, especially if his Galactus-tier future self is hanging around to just poof them out. Kid creates entire timelines/universes by accident (Heroes Reborn, IIRC), and the nanoprobes probably would fritz out trying to even comprehend him on a biological level.

Extraordinary Member The Drunkard Kid's Avatar

But the Q juggle three or more realities and timelines, playing them like a chess master as the timelines affect or don't affect each other as the Q wish.
    If you're talking about the end of TNG, it was more that Q was playing with three different points in the same timeline in order to determine if he should give humanity the opportunity to stop an anomaly from retroactively preventing life from existing on Earth, after having spent the entirety of TNG observing Picard in order to properly make that decision.

Quote Originally Posted by The Drunkard Kid View Post
    I sincerely doubt that trying to use nanoprobes against Franklin "Basically a Celestial" Richards is going to work very well, especially if his Galactus-tier future self is hanging around to just poof them out. Kid creates entire timelines/universes by accident (Heroes Reborn, IIRC), and the nanoprobes probably would fritz out trying to even comprehend him on a biological level.
    If they've been fed enough advanced tech from Earth and other aliens (Phalanx included) I doubt they'd be so bamboozled. The Q don't even need to steal it, they can just make copies if they wish to remain stealthy.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Who cares if Reed's timeline is protected or not?

The Q wouldn't erase Reed from existence, they'd teleport Borg nanoprobes into the Fantastic Four and assimilate them. Reed and Franklin would make awesome additions to the collective.

Imagine the upgrades the Borg would get from an assimilated Reed Richards....
    I was simply addressing the one suggestion made by the poster: that Q could go back and pre-emptively erase Marvel Earth in the past.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyke View Post
    Yeah, are we talking timeline or Earth? I ask because even after their return, twice now they had to work save the Earth, and one of those times was just a filler issue (a decent one, though, but the fact that it's filler goes to show how routine it is for the FF to face world-ending threats).
    Again, what I was talking about is that you can't muck up the present or future of the FF by going to the past to do it. You can absolutely threaten their world today and they will have to fight to save it. Yeah, it's Reed Richards stuff, but then, this is quite literally a guy who has restored the universe once and the multiverse another time from memory, basically.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

BANNED

In the episode Hide and Q, Q transports the crew to what I believe was a pocket dimension where he forces them to fight creatures he creates, in the same episode Q or the continuum give Riker Q powers. Q says whoever dies will become nothing or something to that effect.

There’s also a scene where Data turns around and Q has become Data for a moment.

Q then tells Riker he better save his friends or they’ll die, Qs creations then kill Worf and mortally wound Wesley, As a Q Riker then transports everyone back back to the Enterprise.

Riker creates a Klingon for Worf which he later removes, he ages Wesley 10 years older, he heals Jordies eyes, he offers to make Data human. In one episode Q gives Data the ability to experience human emotion.