Thread: Sonata #1

Default Sonata #1

I read this book, I found it to be a little bland up until the last page. I liked it enough to buy issue #2.

Not seeing it discussed here. Anyone else pick this up?

Yeah, i enjoyed it. I'll stick with it a bit longer now that the setup is outta the way.

Not big on the art though. Its well done, but im just not a fan of stuff that too obviously utilises 3D models.

Yeah, artwork has a digital look to it and the colouring is quite flat. I might warm up to it in a few issues.

Wow I loved the art. Best art I have seen in a long time.
    Stick "we work together and we get out of here alive"

Matt "peace out suckas"

Y'all read issue 2? I loved how the three tribes are forced to reluctantly work together and the reveal of the Lumani secret portals. I'm in for the whole thing I think!

The artwork is good but it needs more closeups. The artist is so good at facial expressions, I wish the camera would come in closer more often. Mostly we get wide shots.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Anyone else still on board with this? I find each has absolutely bonkers good moments and other parts that seem... I dunno, preachy or just out of place. It could be that some of those out of place scenes are gonna get picked up as plot points later but for the moment they just come across weird.

Artwork is getting better but the action sequences are sometimes a little confusing. The character designs and the expressions are the strongest parts I find.

All in all I find the series still good.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

It's doing enough to keep it on my pull list. Overall, still enjoying it.
    My comicartfans.com collection. Lots of Ryan Ottley:
    http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryD...asp?GCat=49719

Invincible universe wiki (work in progress):
    http://invincibleuniverse.wikia.com/..._Universe_Wiki