Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Savior of the Universe Flash Gordon's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    To me, bringing Cap back in the MCU would cheapen the conclusion of his story. I won't say Disney's Marvel absolutely would not do it, I don't think it likely. They've seemed to be more interested in good films than in fan service.

Now once Feige is gone? No bet.
    They operate almost entirely off fan service (for better or worse, depending on your mileage)!

I don't think it is likely we will see Cap again, but the option is always there.

Tony Vs Real Mandarin.

The investigation that Cap and Falcon were going to do, in following up on the Winter Soldier dossier.

A Black Widow movie. Yes I know there is one coming, but its a missed opportunity that one never happened in this phase.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

I wish they had done Steve and Sharon's relationship justice.

Iron Man vs. Fin Fang Foom.

Cap vs. Zemo (although this will probably go to Sam).
    Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    A Hulk confrontation with General Ross. Still possible yes, but seems unlikely
    Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    Same, only I wanted some sort of confrontation between Hulk and Ross as Red Hulk. Even if it was just catiness over who is the better Hulk.
    It always kind of bothers me that they seem to go out of their way to keep Ruffallo's Bruce from actually dealing with any traditional Hulk stuff.

Like, he and Ross are at Tony's funeral but we've still yet to see them share a single scene. Betty hasn't been mentioned since Incredible Hulk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    Tony Vs Real Mandarin.
    At this point I'm just hoping Mandarin acknowledges Iron Man at some point in Shang-Chi's movie.

For me it would be:

Hulk:
    1- Relationship with Betty Ross- absolutely hate that this was dropped and never returned to in any way
    2- Hulk Vs Red Hulk
    3- Hulk Vs the Leader- another thread that was dropped and never returned to
    4- Real adaptation of planet hulk- I like Ragnarok but for hulk fans it has to absolutely suck that one of his most iconic stories was included in a comedic Thor focused film
    - I realize all these could still technically happen but it is really unlikely

Iron Man
    1) Tony vs the Real Mandarin
    2) No bethany cabe
    3) Tony Stark Director of shield

Captain America
    1) No diamond back or relationship with sharon carter
    2) No interaction with Red Skull after First Avenger- still wish that Pierce would have been revealed to be Red Skull in Winter soldier
    3) No black costume

Thor
    1) NO balder the brave- could be introduced later I guess but will certainly not play the role he should have in the Thor Mythology
    Last edited by regg215; 08-04-2019 at 12:25 AM.
    "You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: "With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured, the first thought forbidden, the first freedom denied, chains us all irrevocably.. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged"- CAPT. Picard

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    Yeah, easily.

If they can find an actor as good as Chris Evans

If they can get the fandom to accept him.

If Disney wants the blowback of reversing Sam as Cap.

If Disney wants to undermine the ending of their biggest movie to date

Or...Disney can develop new properties and make money that way.

Cap and Iron Man are not Batman and Superman. There have not been so many actors portraying them that fans will automatically accept a new one. So I guess we have to suffer through new properties.

The horror
    More iconic roles associated with more iconic actors have been recast. People thought Sean Connery was what made James Bond work, the author that created him changed his origin around to make him similar to Connery. They marketed You Only Live Twice as Sean Connery IS James Bond. His movies were making the inflation equivalent of over billion back in the 60's. Sean Connery was a legendary actor (far greater than RDJ or Evans) and that was his signature role. They recast.

RDJ and Chris Evans aren't bigger than that. Marvel's about to recast Wolverine and Hugh Jackman is probably more iconic for that role than either of those two are.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by KNIGHT OF THE LAKE View Post
    More iconic roles associated with more iconic actors have been recast. People thought Sean Connery was what made James Bond work, the author that created him changed his origin around to make him similar to Connery. They marketed You Only Live Twice as Sean Connery IS James Bond. His movies were making the inflation equivalent of over billion back in the 60's. Sean Connery was a legendary actor (far greater than RDJ or Evans) and that was his signature role. They recast.

RDJ and Chris Evans aren't bigger than that. Marvel's about to recast Wolverine and Hugh Jackman is probably more iconic for that role than either of those two are.
    Without a James Bond, there's no Bond movies. Without a Wolverine, there's no X-Men movies.

Without a Captain America Steve Rogers or Iron Man there's...still a Captain America, actually. There could be an Ironheart later. But there is still a Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Ant-Man, Spider-Man, Thor and there will be an Eternals and Shang-Chi. And there could be a Nova, She-Hulk, X-Men or what have you.

The MCU doesn't depend on Stark or Rogers. It's bigger than both of them and is still pumping out cash for Disney on a regular basis. When that changes, if there is a reboot, then sure. But I don't see that happening for a long, long time

For me, it's mostly the dropped plot threads.

I realize they decided to not do any more Hulk movies but I wish they had not pretended Betty Ross never existed after the Incredible Hulk. They could have had her make appearances in other movies. Likewise, the Leader vanished although I suppose we could assume he's still manipulating in the background.
    Power with Girl is better.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
    For me, it's mostly the dropped plot threads.

I realize they decided to not do any more Hulk movies but I wish they had not pretended Betty Ross never existed after the Incredible Hulk. They could have had her make appearances in other movies. Likewise, the Leader vanished although I suppose we could assume he's still manipulating in the background.
    You know, The Leader would make a dandy future Avengers foe.

Quote Originally Posted by DrNewGod View Post
    Not without rebooting the whole thing. Which they're not doing until they see how Captain Marvel and Black Panther hold up in their second outings.

As for Cap and Iron Man, their MCU stories were given a definite conclusion. I suppose somebody could do a story set Pre-Endgame, but what would be the point? No, short of a full reboot, Cap and IM are done in the MCU.
    And this is one of the clearest and most important distinctions between comics on the one hand and movies/ television on the other hand. In comics, a character has to go on and on and on as writers try more ways to give the character a facelift. In a movie, like a novel, they can say that this is the character's story. It has a beginning a middle and an end and then it's done with a hopefully meaningful conclusion which can be much more satisfying.

Granted, most of the characters then have a new series and a new interpretation. Superman goes from George Reeves to Christopher Reeve to Smallville with lots in between and after. I actually prefer the movie/ television versions these days. Partly because they are finite and partly because, with the price of comics and the endless appearances, it's impossible to keep track of the whole story. Now, if comics had stayed 12 cents...

But while it appears Sam Wilson will be the new Cap, I doubt that we will see a new Steve Rogers actor or someone else playing Tony Stark. That would undermine the whole Avengers finale. If they ever reboot, I doubt it will be before a decade has gone by at least. Longer really because the MCU is far from over and they would want a time gap if it does end before doing a new version.
    Power with Girl is better.

Rhodey becoming Iron Man, though I'm not sure how off the table that is.

The Leader's return.

Quote Originally Posted by Flash Gordon View Post
    Meh, that can all be waived people don't care as much as you think. Plus that's where creativity comes into play, yo.

I'm more than fine with seeing Sam continue on, but the Steve is only a flu shot away from returning to answer the call.
    There are better things to channel creativity towards than reversing a character's send off. In fact, that is the opposite of creativity. These films are not the comics and the characters do not have to keep seeing use just because they are there. Better to let Steve leave with his dignity than run the risk of him getting stale. Besides, there likely will be a Steve Rogers film in the future that isn't connected to the MCU so it isn't like he'll be gone from our screens forever.
    Last edited by Agent Z; 08-04-2019 at 09:45 AM.

Astonishing Member

Not introducing Adam Warlock in time for one of his biggest story arcs in the comics.

Quote Originally Posted by regg215 View Post
    For me it would be:

Hulk:
    1- Relationship with Betty Ross- absolutely hate that this was dropped and never returned to in any way
    2- Hulk Vs Red Hulk
    3- Hulk Vs the Leader- another thread that was dropped and never returned to
    4- Real adaptation of planet hulk- I like Ragnarok but for hulk fans it has to absolutely suck that one of his most iconic stories was included in a comedic Thor focused film
    - I realize all these could still technically happen but it is really unlikely

Iron Man
    1) Tony vs the Real Mandarin
    2) No bethany cabe
    3) Tony Stark Director of shield

Captain America
    1) No diamond back or relationship with sharon carter
    2) No interaction with Red Skull after First Avenger- still wish that Pierce would have been revealed to be Red Skull in Winter soldier
    3) No black costume

Thor
    1) NO balder the brave- could be introduced later I guess but will certainly not play the role he should have in the Thor Mythology
    I agree with all of this.

BANNED

I'm sad they never got around to Wanda mentioning her brother after Age of Ultron.

Like...what the ****, yo?

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    I'm sad they never got around to Wanda mentioning her brother after Age of Ultron.

Like...what the ****, yo?
    Yeah, it's kind of weird how they never mention Quicksilver once after AoU. Almost like they didn't want to go through the trouble because of something with Fox or whatever.