Page 5 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    “Rorschach sucks.” I got such a kick off that issue. The whole time I was thinking, “Vic, you dummy!” ...If that’s what you’re referring too. Otherwise, scratch that. Admittedly, I don’t watch a lot of TV or streaming... I had no idea that existed until just now. I don’t know a lot about the character, but I must say that I am intrigued. I was thinking about hunting down some issues... but I’m not sure yet.
    Yup, was talking about Rorschach sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Not really having read much of the Ditko Question at the time, I didn't see them as any way similar. Now I see how Rorschach was inspired the Vic, but a lot more damaged. They're still very different now since the objectivist Question hasn't really been around in a long time - he's become a lot more post-modern and if anything almost the opposite of objectivist thinking.

All the Rorschachs in the HBO series just makes me think of "V for Vendetta," another Moore creation.
    That's a good thought. I think that the JLU Question feels a lot more connected to Rorschach than the O'Neil and afterwards Question versions.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Not really having read much of the Ditko Question at the time, I didn't see them as any way similar. Now I see how Rorschach was inspired the Vic, but a lot more damaged. They're still very different now since the objectivist Question hasn't really been around in a long time - he's become a lot more post-modern and if anything almost the opposite of objectivist thinking.
    Yup. And JLU Question is an anomaly.

This comment has been screencapped and archived on my hard drive.

Originlly posted by The Illustrious Mr. Kenway
    The Rick Veitch Mini was more of a standalone romp in Metropolis. It's almost a team up with Superman but Vic and Clark mostly run parallel to each other, working the case but not really coming together till the end. His powers weren't given an explanation but I figured Veitch had an answer in his backup in case they caught on (they didn't ).
    I would have to dig through my old Wizard magazines but the Veitch mini-series was part of Jim Lee's relaunch of the Superman books. Jim Lee was writing and drawing Superman. I forget who was doing Action Comics at the time. The Question, Vigilante and 2 other heroes were given mini-series to tie into the Superman books during Lee's run. The Vigilante was going to be written by Micah Ian Wright but Lee said the story did not match with the direction they were taking Superman. Another writer wrote the Vigilante mini and I want to say the same thing happened to the Question mini and that was how Veitch ended up writing it. The problem was only Action and Superman came out on time. The Vigilante and Question mini's came out after rewrites and failed to try into Lee's Superman rebirth as original intended. It was still a good story but much was originally planned was suppose to be much better.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    The powers were of a shamanic nature. I believe it was implied he got the powers from exposure to psychotropic hallucinogens (as in The Question #9).

Scratch that, I was mistaken. The powers are explained as Vic gaining shamanic access to the "other side" of a city through observation and experience.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Scratch that, I was mistaken. The powers are explained as Vic gaining shamanic access to the "other side" of a city through observation and experience.
    Which appears to tie in nicely with Lemire's theme. I admit there is a romanticism to the linking of a city with a character so that thcharacter carries through generations. But unlike the daily comic strip Phantom or Marvel's Iron Fist, a generational aspect placed into the franchise seems forced. But it's a short series of stories, so I will give it the benefit of the doubt.

Well, I can’t wait for Lois Lane #2 to come out, because maybe the description for #3 will make more sense...

“[...] the two Questions—Renee Montoya and Vic Sage—try to understand their own confusing continuity.“

What does it mean Mr. Rucka?

Well, I can’t wait for Lois Lane #2 to come out, because maybe the description for #3 will make more sense...

“[...] the two Questions—Renee Montoya and Vic Sage—try to understand their own confusing continuity.“

What does it mean Mr. Rucka?
    Maybe its a backdoor pilot for Lemire's Question miniseries?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Ooo, I’m so excited for that series. But that would actually be interesting.

Quick question (ah ha), so I noticed that Vic appeared in New Suicide Squad, is that important reading? Because honestly... I really don’t want to read it.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Very unlikely, given that Lemire's series is almost certainly out of continuity.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Quick question (ah ha), so I noticed that Vic appeared in New Suicide Squad, is that important reading? Because honestly... I really don’t want to read it.
    That Vic Sage had nothing to do with the Question or the Vic Sage we know. It made no sense why they gave that character his name.

That Vic Sage had nothing to do with the Question or the Vic Sage we know. It made no sense why they gave that character his name.
    Thanks! This works out very well for me.

I’m guessing that has more to do with the New 52 when they made the Question part of that Trinity thingy.

Thanks! This works out very well for me.

I’m guessing that has more to do with the New 52 when they made the Question part of that Trinity thingy.
    I don't remember if the New52 version of the Question ever used any identities like "Vic Sage". Seemed like he was originally conceived as an ancient somebody forever stuck in his position without a modern-day life, but then again, I read very little that version was in.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    I don't remember if the New52 version of the Question ever used any identities like "Vic Sage". Seemed like he was originally conceived as an ancient somebody forever stuck in his position without a modern-day life, but then again, I read very little that version was in.
    It appears they decided that the Trinity of Sin Question was one person, and "Vic Sage" - the guy who appeared in Suicide Squad was a totally different person who had no discernible connection to the previous Vic Sage aside from superficial appearance.

It appears they decided that the Trinity of Sin Question was one person, and "Vic Sage" - the guy who appeared in Suicide Squad was a totally different person who had no discernible connection to the previous Vic Sage aside from superficial appearance.
    Sort of like a Vic Sage before he became "The Question" type?