Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast

Default The Question appreciation thread.

Philosopher, reporter, shaman, conspiracy theorist, a man (and once a woman) of many faces who wears none.

q6a.jpg

from The Question #1 (February 1987)

The O'Neil version was the classic for me. What was great about that series was the humanity and lack of "super-heroics". Sure there were dealings with Batman, Green Arrow, and Lady Shiva, but their abilities were based in real life limitations, even Batman. It was a powerful series and one I am very thankful I had the chance to collect and read.

Be sure to peruse the DC Next Dawn threads and the books offered there for what I think is a nice take on Vic.

I love the Question! One of my favorite DC characters ever. It's fascinating how he can go through all these different iterations that all seem to fit in some weird way because he's still always questioning - asking what's right or wrong, what does it mean to be human, and generally challenging our preconceived notions. That's why the Trinity of Sin version did not fit ,imo - he was cursed and doing penance. Maybe if someone had actually taken time to develop him he might have been better, but I'm glad it seems we've gotten back a Vic that's more his old self. (and certainly not whatever that Vic Sage was from "Suicide Squad.")
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 06-30-2019 at 07:25 PM.

? Which Question will we get this time ?
    Attached Images Attached Images

The importance of Doomsday Clock has been a "question" for a while. However, this to me, is one of the most important preliminary scenes which has never been addressed or retconned away. Here we have the first DC/Watchmen crossover very similar to Barry Allen reading about Jay Garrick.

Imagine Barry saying "Jay Garrick sucks"?

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    The importance of Doomsday Clock has been a "question" for a while. However, this to me, is one of the most important preliminary scenes which has never been addressed or retconned away. Here we have the first DC/Watchmen crossover very similar to Barry Allen reading about Jay Garrick.

Imagine Barry saying "Jay Garrick sucks"?

Is this from Question #17?

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Is this from Question #17?
    It is indeed.

My main exposure to the Question has been from 52, which was lovely. I'm interested to see Rucka tackle Vic and Renée again in Lois Lane.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    My main exposure to the Question has been from 52, which was lovely. I'm interested to see Rucka tackle Vic and Renée again in Lois Lane.
    I recommend checking out the original series. I feel Rucka underserved the character.

I like DCAU Vic Sage:
    Last edited by K7P5V; 07-01-2019 at 04:35 PM. Reason: Added a few words.

Quote Originally Posted by H-E-D View Post
    52 was a passing the torch story, but it did serve Vic well, despite, of course, the result. Vic is more of an everyman than most non-powered adventurers. His feeling, attitudes, and curiosity seemed more normal than many other characters in comics.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I like DCAU Vic Sage:
    Jeffrey Combs was brilliant casting and he did so much with every line! The relationship he developed with Huntress was adorable! A spin-off with those two would have literally been the best thing in the universe.

Violence and classic literature, side by side.

qann1b.jpg