Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Always thought #6 was one of the best Question covers and great cover in general.

Attachment 85714
    What do you like about it so much?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

It tells a story, it makes me want to know what the hell's going on here. Also, design wise it's a strong composition.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

It tells a story, it makes me want to know what the hell's going on here. Also, design wise it's a strong composition.
    Cool! I'm trying to figure out what makes a "good" cover, especially since DC has apparently decided "copy Artgerm and Joshua Middleton" is the current answer
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Cool! I'm trying to figure out what makes a "good" cover, especially since DC has apparently decided "copy Artgerm and Joshua Middleton" is the current answer
    I had a decade long career in graphic design before switching to what I do now and my wife works in the fine art field so I've got a the basics down at least.

I'm a sucker for strong contrast and dynamic composition.

I'm not a big fan of Artgerm, Middleton's stuff is pretty strong though.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

I had a decade long career in graphic design before switching to what I do now and my wife works in the fine art field so I've got a the basics down at least.

I'm a sucker for strong contrast and dynamic composition.

I'm not a big fan of Artgerm, Middleton's stuff is pretty strong though.
    I have a soft spot for Artgerm because of his run on Batgirl starring Stephanie Brown.

But I think there's definitely a lot of great talent out there. Hope that we get some new cool Question covers soon!

I just finished reading the Trinity of Sins books, and I honestly think that I would prefer if that Question was an AU. You know, something nice that we can forget about later...

I actually found them kinda interesting, but I think DC shot themselves the foot when they did all that stuff (as we all know). Plus, now there’s no ending. Is that Question still hanging around messing in Vic’s territory? I saw an article for the Lois Lane issues that Vic is supposed to appear in, and they said there’s now three Questions. Much confusion it has given to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    I just finished reading the Trinity of Sins books, and I honestly think that I would prefer if that Question was an AU. You know, something nice that we can forget about later...

I actually found them kinda interesting, but I think DC shot themselves the foot when they did all that stuff (as we all know). Plus, now there’s no ending. Is that Question still hanging around messing in Vic’s territory? I saw an article for the Lois Lane issues that Vic is supposed to appear in, and they said there’s now three Questions. Much confusion it has given to me.
    It could be a future plot- Vic and Renee try to figure out who the third guy is?

Haven't paid much attention to The Question after they messed him up in in the New 52. I would love a return of some old Vic Sage, Question storylines, but DC no longer seems to have the writing talent to pull that off.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    I would love a return of some old Vic Sage, Question storylines, but DC no longer seems to have the writing talent to pull that off.
    You've heard Lemire will be writing the Question this fall?

You've heard Lemire will be writing the Question this fall?
    There is no guarantee Lemire would reach the heights of O'neil and Cowan so it's best to see Lemire's story on its own merits.

Well, there's no guarantee of anything. I guess I was pointing out to Citizen Kane that there will be "a return of some old Vic Sage, Question storylines". Lemire's story will be about the old (ie. classic) Vic Sage and not the versions that New 52 offered up.

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    It could be a future plot- Vic and Renee try to figure out who the third guy is?
    lol If he’s still around. I’m curious too! He was a red head, so you figure he’d be Vic... but then Vic was introduced as someone else. And then rebirth happened. :P

Astonishing Member

I mean I always liked the idea that the ToS Question was Rorschach. A lot lined up with it being him, just not exactly.

So, Vic and Renee meet each other in this week's Lois Lane! Sadly, no real revelations yet, but it seems that some version of 52 is now canon!

Wherein Vic stumps the Riddler.

Capture.jpg