Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 567891011 LastLast
    Constant in Opal Nine Crocodile's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So, Vic and Renee meet each other in this week's Lois Lane! Sadly, no real revelations yet, but it seems that some version of 52 is now canon!
    Where "Charlie"comes back from the dead. I'm intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    Wherein Vic stumps the Riddler.
    Admittedly, this is pre-Snyder, where DC decided Riddler was a loser.

Quote Originally Posted by Nine Crocodile View Post
    Where "Charlie"comes back from the dead. I'm intrigued.
    The Question appearances in Lois Lane are one of the best parts of that series.

Admittedly, this is pre-Snyder, where DC decided Riddler was a loser.
    The O'Neil series seriously brought characters down to Earth and real people abilities. Even appearances from Batman and Green Arrow made them look real, but still worthy and talented. The Riddler was shown at the lowest point of his career here. I can see where a Riddler fan may not like this particular story but for me, this Vic's dabbling with an actual super-villian fit in quite well.

The Question, The Batwoman, The Creeper.

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post

The Question, The Batwoman, The Creeper.
    Is this the new Trinity of DC Comics? If so, I could totally support this.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    You've heard Lemire will be writing the Question this fall?
    This is the first I've heard of it, so I'm excited to see what they can come up with. I don't normally purchase single issues anymore--I'm more of a trades guy--but this might encourage me to pick up a couple.

I've read Lemire's run on Moon Knight, which was decent, but it paled in comparison to Warren Ellis' earlier run. With the right ideas, I think Lemire could do The Question some justice. I'm just hoping they get a decent penciller on board.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kane View Post
    This is the first I've heard of it, so I'm excited to see what they can come up with. I don't normally purchase single issues anymore--I'm more of a trades guy--but this might encourage me to pick up a couple.

I've read Lemire's run on Moon Knight, which was decent, but it paled in comparison to Warren Ellis' earlier run. With the right ideas, I think Lemire could do The Question some justice. I'm just hoping they get a decent penciller on board.
    I believe Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz are the art team.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    So, Vic and Renee meet each other in this week's Lois Lane! Sadly, no real revelations yet, but it seems that some version of 52 is now canon!
    You know, I read that issue and I was so disappointed. You mean to tell me that Vic has been eluded to and shown working in the Justice League and Renee JUST finds out he’s alive? I think that is just such a poor excuse to get both Renee and Vic to be the Question. Honestly, I would have preferred it if it was established that they were working together or whatever.

@Ulysses: And then they all huddled around a burning garbage can. :P That was such a good issue. Vic is such a smart character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post
    You know, I read that issue and I was so disappointed. You mean to tell me that Vic has been eluded to and shown working in the Justice League and Renee JUST finds out he’s alive? I think that is just such a poor excuse to get both Renee and Vic to be the Question. Honestly, I would have preferred it if it was established that they were working together or whatever.
    The Question has been a huge question mark for me since the nu52 and whatever supernatural stuff was alluded to there. I don't know what the heck Bendis was doing in the Superman books as a guest appearance wasn't enough to make me want to spring for the issues. The Lois series was one I was picking up anyway and Vic and Renee were a pleasant surprise. But there are huge continuity reshufflings happening and based on this comment, waiting until the dust settles and we get some firm ground to stand on might be the best bet. Not to mention whatever Event Leviathan is doing.

The Question in Action Comics was pretty pointless. There's one cool scene where he kicks some ass, but there he's asking about the Red Cloud. After that is just him popping up a couple times leading up to Event Leviathan.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rufio View Post

@Ulysses: And then they all huddled around a burning garbage can. :P That was such a good issue. Vic is such a smart character.
    I'm not disappointed, but I would like Rucka to actually give us some answers. Maybe that's the point, though.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Any word on when Lemire's Question mini will come out?

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    Any word on when Lemire's Question mini will come out?
    According to Newsarama, the first issue is scheduled for November 20th.

I believe Denys Cowan and Bill Sienkiewicz are the art team.
    Wow, that's actually a pretty good team! I'll be patiently waiting for the first issue. Hopefully, it doesn't disappoint.

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    Is this the new Trinity of DC Comics? If so, I could totally support this.
    Ha - Jason has his "Dark Trinity" and there was the "Trinity of Sin" -- this would be the "Dirty Trinity"
    Last edited by j9ac9k; 09-30-2019 at 07:53 AM.

"The Mysterious Trio" ?