Page 10 of 11 FirstFirst ... 67891011 LastLast

Is "Lois Lane" worth picking up just for Vic and to find out what happened to him? The DC timeline seems to indicate a "resurrection" but it wasn't Blackest Night. Have they disclosed this yet?

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Is "Lois Lane" worth picking up just for Vic and to find out what happened to him? The DC timeline seems to indicate a "resurrection" but it wasn't Blackest Night. Have they disclosed this yet?
    The most recent issue hinted at things, and it had a really nice conversation between Renee and Charlie. We'll have to see if it actually gives us answers - I hope so, but mostly it's just "there's weird reality stuff going on."
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

Spectacular Member Kevin Street's Avatar

Lois Lane #4 implied that Renee and Vic remember what happened in their part of the "52" series, but they also remember the new continuity where they've never met. Renee is having trouble dealing with two sets of memories, but Vic seems cool with it all.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Street View Post
    Lois Lane #4 implied that Renee and Vic remember what happened in their part of the "52" series, but they also remember the new continuity where they've never met. Renee is having trouble dealing with two sets of memories, but Vic seems cool with it all.
    I thought it was a cool conversation. And gorgeously drawn.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

The 4 parter Vic series starting in Nov 2019 will be priced at $6.99 but will be 48 pages each issue. So it's going to roughly be the equivalent of an 8 issue series in terms of page count.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Quote Originally Posted by K7P5V View Post
    I like DCAU Vic Sage:
    As do I. He is my favorite version of the Question by far.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    The 4 parter Vic series starting in Nov 2019 will be priced at $6.99 but will be 48 pages each issue. So it's going to roughly be the equivalent of an 8 issue series in terms of page count.
    Thanks for the info.

I'm a fan of DCAU Question. Just give me a spinoff with him and Huntress.

My guess is Lemire will explore the different versions of The Question. The title implies as much.
    “To the future or to the past. To a time when thought is free, when men are different from one another and do not live alone - to a time when truth exists and what is done cannot be undone: from the age of uniformity, from the age of solitude, from the age of Big Brother, from the age of doublethink - greetings!" - Winston Smith

Newsarama has a letterless preview for the Question #1.

Great to see Tot again (and was that Myra?). Also nice to see someone acknowledge that the gas changes his hair and clothes colors and also that he has ears and hair when he changes - I've seen a few depictions lately where he's like a mannequin without those features.

I wonder if Vic living in all these different time periods and living different lives will be Lemire's way to explain the whole "Trinity of Sin" iteration of the Question.

Newsarama has an article about the upcoming series:
    https://www.newsarama.com/47920-lege...nys-cowan.html

Looks great to me! I am a little apprehensive about how Lemire plans to use resurrection or any kind of supernatural element to Vic,(I wonder if he'll touch on either the "urban shaman" thing or even the Trinity of Sin) but the art looks great - from the teaming of Cowan and Seinkewicz, I was concerned the art was going to be so so sooooo scratchy... like pages and pages of scratchmarks...

Newsarama has an article about the upcoming series:
    https://www.newsarama.com/47920-lege...nys-cowan.html

Looks great to me! I am a little apprehensive about how Lemire plans to use resurrection or any kind of supernatural element to Vic,(I wonder if he'll touch on either the "urban shaman" thing or even the Trinity of Sin) but the art looks great - from the teaming of Cowan and Seinkewicz, I was concerned the art was going to be so so sooooo scratchy... like pages and pages of scratchmarks...
    Given the way Cowan's work has looked when he's done Deathstroke in the last three years, I think he's still working in a similar style to what he produced in the 70s (and wow, that's quite a career!). This felt a LOT like the issues of the O'Neil series I've read (I've only read about half the run so far).

Spectacular Member

Great to see Tot again (and was that Myra?). Also nice to see someone acknowledge that the gas changes his hair and clothes colors and also that he has ears and hair when he changes - I've seen a few depictions lately where he's like a mannequin without those features.

I wonder if Vic living in all these different time periods and living different lives will be Lemire's way to explain the whole "Trinity of Sin" iteration of the Question.
    i kinda want an explanation for the nu52 suicide squad vic sage

I'm hoping the urban shaman stuff makes a come back. I thought that aspect was interesting back in the 2005 miniseries.

An explanation for NU52 appearances are optional but not essential.

I'd be interested in him and Huntress having a thing again.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 11-19-2019 at 02:57 PM.

I can't help but feel like the Ditko Question and the later DC Question are kind of really different... I started reading O'Neil's series and 52, and "Charlie" (as I've come to think of him for differentiation) just seems so different from the Ditko Question I fell in love with first. O'Neil seemed really invested in salvaging the character by changing his whole philosophical orientation, both by having him learn mysticism and by making Batman really bash him for a bunch of traits I never honestly felt applied to the character to begin with, in the Ditko days.

I don't dislike Charlie by any means! I want to make that clear. I love Charlie! In fact, I tend to agree with him more often than I agree with Vic about a lot of points of morality or politics, but I'd be interested in seeing DC do a kind of "back to basics" approach to the character.

Plus, frankly, this is kind of refreshing after years of Batman like, jumping into volcanos and crap like that to save the life of the world's worst serial killer who always breaks out of jail. I sure don't agree with all the Randian politics, but I have immense fondness for this particular version of the character.
    "You know the deal, Metropolis. Treat people right or expect a visit from me."