Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    Jeffrey Combs was brilliant casting and he did so much with every line! The relationship he developed with Huntress was adorable! A spin-off with those two would have literally been the best thing in the universe.
    Agreed. For the most part, DCAU could do no wrong. Those were good times.

I am a diamond, Ms. Pryde millernumber1's Avatar

I loved Batman/Huntress: Cry for Blood for a Rucka Vic story.
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston
    "All that is not eternal is eternally out of date." C. S. Lewis, The Four Loves
    "There's room in our line of work for hope, too." Stephanie Brown
    Stephanie Brown Wiki, My Batman Universe Reviews, Stephanie Brown Discord

image.jpg

I love non-trenchcoat and fedora Vic.

Based on the JLU version (who I love), I'd really like to see The Question move to Metropolis and be one of many characters that start fleshing out that city in the manner that many, many characters have in Gotham.

He'd be a great fit for Metropolis in his conspiracy theorist-detective glory, with run-ins with Superman, Intergang, The 100, LexCorp, Stagg Industries, and other Metropolis institutions and concepts.

I'd also reestablish Black Lightning, Rose/Thorn, Agent Liberty, Booster Gold, Vixen, Doctor Light, Alpha Centurion, Metamorpho, Sapphire Stagg, General Glory, Guardian, and other characters as living in Metropolis and use them to better explore all the wonders and dangers that unfold in the City of Tomorrow.

Creative dream team for Question series?

Writing: Azzarello, Maybe Lemire, Ellis. Morrisson, **** yes!
    Pencils: Zaffino, Boschi, Fuso, maybe Gulacy
    Last edited by Ulysses; 07-06-2019 at 09:13 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by WonderScott View Post
    Based on the JLU version (who I love), I'd really like to see The Question move to Metropolis and be one of many characters that start fleshing out that city in the manner that many, many characters have in Gotham.

He'd be a great fit for Metropolis in his conspiracy theorist-detective glory, with run-ins with Superman, Intergang, The 100, LexCorp, Stagg Industries, and other Metropolis institutions and concepts.

I'd also reestablish Black Lightning, Rose/Thorn, Agent Liberty, Booster Gold, Vixen, Doctor Light, Alpha Centurion, Metamorpho, Sapphire Stagg, General Glory, Guardian, and other characters as living in Metropolis and use them to better explore all the wonders and dangers that unfold in the City of Tomorrow.
    Rick Veitch brought the Question to Metropolis. Maybe check out that series.

I am much less keen on conspiracy Vic. I prefer philosopher Vic. The best Vic story we've gotten since the O'neil run was his appearance in Batman. That is the Vic we need. He works best as a sounding board. He provokes others to go to places intellectually that they wouldn't otherwise.

As such, I would like to see Vic in a team-up sort of book with a revolving roster of characters. Vic being the one recurring character. He would be the one who tests others intellectually, causes them to face their core assumptions and unsettle them. Vic forces you to realize you're lying to yourself. Makes you see that you're self-identity is a fragile illusion. Your beliefs are not the truth, they are a mask and a disguise. Rips away your certainty.

Check out The Question #14, #17 and #26 as examples of this.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 07-06-2019 at 09:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulysses View Post
    image.jpg

I love non-trenchcoat and fedora Vic.
    The O'Neil and Cowan stuff expanded on Vic's style considerably and his clothing was certainly part of that. One point that seemed to have been glossed over or ignored is the change in color of clothing when the gas is used. The color change was something I liked and was sorry to see go away even if it was cartoonish compared to the tone of the series.

I recently acquired this beauty!

2qrjgqjawq631.jpg

This comment has been screencapped and archived on my hard drive.
    Last edited by Ulysses; 07-12-2019 at 12:19 PM. Reason: forgot to add signature

Looks like this thread started just in time for the new Lenore/Cowan Question miniseries! What are people excited for?
    "We're the same thing, you and I. We're both lies that eventually became the truth." Lara Notsil, Star Wars: X-Wing: Solo Command, Aaron Allston

In general, I'm excited for Vic's rise in prominance! There's such a place for him in the DCU and I'm glad to see writers agree.

Quote Originally Posted by millernumber1 View Post
    Looks like this thread started just in time for the new Lenore/Cowan Question miniseries! What are people excited for?
    Who's "Lenore"?

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Who's "Lenore"?
    Lemire. Spelling error.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by j9ac9k View Post
    In general, I'm excited for Vic's rise in prominance! There's such a place for him in the DCU and I'm glad to see writers agree.
    Yeah, he's having a pretty notable year!

Hopefully, this will lead to an omnibus of the 80s series - or at least a new set of collections. The Question Quarterly was never collected, was it?

Quote Originally Posted by Claude View Post
    Yeah, he's having a pretty notable year!

Hopefully, this will lead to an omnibus of the 80s series - or at least a new set of collections. The Question Quarterly was never collected, was it?
    I'd also think the Annuals with Green Arrow and Batman would be good to collect as well.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptCleghorn View Post
    I'd also think the Annuals with Green Arrow and Batman would be good to collect as well.
    Well, Fables (Detective Comics Annual #1, Green Arrow and Question Annuals) would be cool. They just digitized it and collected it in Dark Knight Detective Vol 2 (for the Tec annual), so hopefully the GA and Question annuals won't be too far behind.

I got my physical copy (from ebay) of the Tec Annual signed by Klaus Janson this year - it was really cool (though I prefer reading it digitally )