Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default What will/should spin out of Doomsday Clock?

What comics do you think wil/should spin out of Doomsday Clock at the end? Or what comics would you like to see spin out of anything upcoming?

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by TheDragonKing View Post
    What comics do you think wil/should spin out of Doomsday Clock at the end? Or what comics would you like to see spin out of anything upcoming?
    The Justice Society of America for Doomsday Clock...I hope!

I don’t think anything would spin out of Doomsday Clock.
    Pull List: Currently Empty

Quote Originally Posted by Rod G View Post
    I don’t think anything would spin out of Doomsday Clock.
    This. DC is moving forward with their plans and Doomsday Clock is going to be it's own thing.
    AKA FlashFreak
    Favorite Characters:
    DC: The Flash (Jay & Wally), Starman- Jack Knight, Stargirl, & Shazam!.
    MARVEL: Daredevil, Spider-Man (Peter Parker), & Doctor Strange.

Current Pulls: Not a thing!

Astonishing Member

still confused is Doomsday Clock delayed because of a power shift and things being taken away from Johns? Because what it was presented as initially and what it seems to be becoming are two totally separate things, is all the Watchmen and old movie stuff just filler because what Johns wanted to do was taken off the table? It might also explain the lateness. Frank was slow but never this slow, but if he had to basically draw the mini series twice then that would make sense. The JSA and the Legion were big parts of the mini initially and now aren't mentioned at all. Sad thing is I trust both the Legion and the JSA in John's hands infinitely more than I do Bendis and Snyder's. People complain that the lateness is why the properties were taken away from John's and Clock but what if the properties being taken from under John's and Clock are the reasons for the lateness???

We know that the Legion and the JSA are coming back, partly if not entirely due to what's going to happen in "DC." Initially, I was hoping for something to be done with the Charlton characters, but that seems highly unlikely now. I'm just glad we already have Vic/Question back in something significant.

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    still confused is Doomsday Clock delayed because of a power shift and things being taken away from Johns? Because what it was presented as initially and what it seems to be becoming are two totally separate things, is all the Watchmen and old movie stuff just filler because what Johns wanted to do was taken off the table? It might also explain the lateness. Frank was slow but never this slow, but if he had to basically draw the mini series twice then that would make sense. The JSA and the Legion were big parts of the mini initially and now aren't mentioned at all. Sad thing is I trust both the Legion and the JSA in John's hands infinitely more than I do Bendis and Snyder's. People complain that the lateness is why the properties were taken away from John's and Clock but what if the properties being taken from under John's and Clock are the reasons for the lateness???
    The JSA & the Legion featured very prominently in the latest issue. The JSA more so, but the Legion was shown with Superboy in one of the timelines.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

I think it was Snyder that said in an interview that DDC won't really have an impact on the rest of the comic universe. The interview was later changed because he wasn't supposed to say that.

Pretty much nothing. I mean, the embargo on the JSA will be lifted so that will be revived, but at this stage I don't expect the ensuing title explore much Doomsday Clock related.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Fantastic Member mikelmcknight72's Avatar

A faithful restoration of the JSA, hopefully bringing the All-Star Squadron and the real Infinity Inc back into continuity as well. I think Star Spangled Kid/Skyman being alive again would be nice too.

Classic LSH would be nice, but I suspect the Bendis-ized LSH will prevent that for a good long while.

Mostly, I'm hoping for a full restoration of the missing/stolen decade. Ideally, they'd tweak the continuity to incorporate the best parts of all eras of DC continuity. Wolfman Era Titans, Donna Troy's origin from that era, Jericho as a hero with no instability or heel turns, Cyborg as a New Titan, etc. A Golden Age WW equivalent who is actually Hippolyta, complete with her romantic relationship with Wildcat restored. Power Girl and Earth 2 Huntress back and in use. Maybe in the JSA.

Basically, fill up the DC toybox with the best of the past so writers can play with all of it, but no more gratuitous death or heel turns. A character death or a heel turn should be the result of a compelling story, and they should be earned instead of simply for shock value. Don't want to use a character? Limbo not death. Want to give a character growth through loss? Find a less lazy way to do it unless you can make an extremely good case for going back to that well.

Just tell cool stories. I'll buy them if they're cool.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

I don't think the rest of the DCU is even going to acknowledge it. It was supposed to take place a good year after "current" continuity when the whole world turns on superheroes and there's been no indicator in any other book of moving in that direction. They're already using the JSA in JL so clearly no one else cares.
    Assassinate Putin!

Quote Originally Posted by Clark_Kent View Post
    The JSA & the Legion featured very prominently in the latest issue. The JSA more so, but the Legion was shown with Superboy in one of the timelines.
    Don't think this really qualifies as "prominently", but that's just me.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post
    Don't think this really qualifies as "prominently", but that's just me.

Maybe you should actually read the book before commenting on its contents in every single thread about it, but that's just me. Considering how the JSA has been persona non grata for so long, I'd say they are very important to the story. Besides, the poster I was replying to said "they were big parts of the mini initially and now they aren't mentioned at all"...I don't know if that poster is still reading Doomsday Clock or not, but figured a little info might be of some use.
    "Darkseid...always hated music..."

Every post I make, it should be assumed by the reader that the following statement is attached: "It's all subjective. What works for me doesn't necessarily work for you, and vice versa, and that's ok. You may have a different opinion on it, but this is mine. That's the wonderful thing about being a comics fan, it's all subjective."

Quote Originally Posted by EmeraldGladiator View Post
    My honest feeling is that it's gotta just be delays on the creative side, because I cannot imagine that Johns would be made to rewrite Doomsday Clock without word of it reaching Bleeding Cool.

I'd hazard a guess that Johns is part of the lateness, not just Frank. He's been writing movies and TV scripts. He's even a showrunner on the Stargirl series. Compared to those projects, comics writing is small potatoes. Lowest priority.